Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So....what do you expect fm your golf game?

Go down 
+15
asahi
p3nboy
mizzy
zhenxua
Right_sided_coach
joleelyn
Tituman
oned10t
eiji
freezyool
Batman
nientsu
slinger
pushslice
Duval_S
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

So....what do you expect fm your golf game? Empty
PostSubject: So....what do you expect fm your golf game?   So....what do you expect fm your golf game? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 8:40 am

Been playing for golf for quite awhile (in numerical terms ...> 1 year..hahaha). The mindset had evolved thru the years as I learnt more and more of my limitations both on and off.

When I first started lets call it 1st phase....my expectation was to blast the ball as far as possible....thus neglecting short game

2nd phase : Started to realize the importance of staying on fairway.

3rd phase: Score....try to pre-determined like forecasting what my score will be...eg. ok PAR 4, I should get this score, Par 5 I should get this...so before the game, when I tabulate....suddenly I realized I can be Pro in no time...(Faint!!!! )

4th phase: This is a period of COMPLAIN.....shot cannot hit..I complain and curse, Shot can hit...I also complain and curse coz not good enough......in other words, OVER-Expectation

5th phase: this is the era of acceptance....Ashes to Ashes , Dust to Dust. That is when my pet song was ' Que Sera Sera, What ever will be , will be '. In other words, NO-Expectation

Current phase: The era of contentment........this is when I got reprimanded by one fren of mine. He said ' NB, you don want to train, don want to invest.....play this score and still complain....' Total wake-up call. so now, can play Happy like Bird liao

Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: So....what do you expect fm your golf game?   So....what do you expect fm your golf game? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 10:19 am

I've come to your last stage very fast. I just want to acquire skills good enough to enjoy the game: not loose balls, not slice/top/duff so much, get a chance to flush a shot every now and then. frivolous things like ho'ing equipment based on feel and looks (got nothing to do with my scores). Travel and play different courses. Spend time away from domestic life once in a while. Chance to sweat and walk a bit.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: So....what do you expect fm your golf game?   So....what do you expect fm your golf game? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 10:49 am

i aspire to be like duval...... i like the way he approach the game.....wish i can be like him
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: So....what do you expect fm your golf game?   So....what do you expect fm your golf game? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 11:00 am

Duval. Ever thought of being a motivational speaker?? Sure got lots of golf clubs willing to hire u. Heck. I think even Eric will hire u for his top customers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: So....what do you expect fm your golf game?   So....what do you expect fm your golf game? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 2:40 pm

Quote :
slinger wrote:
i aspire to be like duval...... i like the way he approach the game.....wish i can be like him

hahahah....that is a good joke. Not sure if you realize, but to be like me, you need to play bad (fm where you are now)........
Back to top Go down
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Batman

PostSubject: Re: So....what do you expect fm your golf game?   So....what do you expect fm your golf game? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 6:34 pm

Expect nothing n there will b no disappointment.Set achievable targets n enjoy e game.
At least that's for me as a 3mth old newbie.
Back to top Go down
freezyool
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: So....what do you expect fm your golf game?   So....what do you expect fm your golf game? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 10:44 pm

When I started in May this year, my aim was to hit below 130.
Now I aim to hit below 100 and par at least 4 holes.

Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: So....what do you expect fm your golf game?   So....what do you expect fm your golf game? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 10:48 pm

long term goal: scratch
5year goal: single handicap
goal for the coming year: no more than 2 triple bogey, 4 dble bogeys per game.

current goal: drive straight, i tend to block my driver which results in slices and more consistency with irons, i hit a lot of fat shots
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
oned10t
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
oned10t

PostSubject: Re: So....what do you expect fm your golf game?   So....what do you expect fm your golf game? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 11:11 pm

I wan to be just like brudder Duval_S who brought sensation to the entire golf forum recently with his decent score on the course witnessed by many as i can see from the amount of post regarding "Dabuaya_S" spectacular performances.
I really admire your talent and achievement and would definately like to learn from you.
Can you be my master? Smile
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: So....what do you expect fm your golf game?   So....what do you expect fm your golf game? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 11:16 pm

Quote :
oned10t wrote:
I wan to be just like brudder Duval_S who brought sensation to the entire golf forum recently with his decent score on the course witnessed by many as i can see from the amount of post regarding "Dabuaya_S" spectacular performances.
I really admire your talent and achievement and would definately like to learn from you.
Can you be my master? Smile

wah piang.....I am really embarass liao. I am not worthy lah.....u seen me play before rite...??

The only one good shot which I executed on that day was a little knock down with 6iron on the island green.....
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: So....what do you expect fm your golf game?   So....what do you expect fm your golf game? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:16 am

eiji wrote:

current goal: drive straight, i tend to block my driver which results in slices and more consistency with irons, i hit a lot of fat shots

Wah Nic.. very ambitious leh. " no more than 2 triple bogey, 4 dble bogeys per game. "
Even Tiger recently triple bogey twice during the competition in a game. Don't set too high an expectation and you won't get disappointed so often you know. Unless you are trying to turn pro in the near future, other wise, don't have to be so hard on yourself. I prefer to do what Pushslice asked for. More practical. But actually for me, can play golf happy enough liao la. Good company to enjoy the moment for 4 1/2 hrs. Whatever the scores, I am happy to be playing with good companies. Just being me I guessed. cheers

titu
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: So....what do you expect fm your golf game?   So....what do you expect fm your golf game? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:21 am

pushslice wrote:
I've come to your last stage very fast. I just want to acquire skills good enough to enjoy the game: not loose balls, not slice/top/duff so much, get a chance to flush a shot every now and then. frivolous things like ho'ing equipment based on feel and looks (got nothing to do with my scores). Travel and play different courses. Spend time away from domestic life once in a while. Chance to sweat and walk a bit.

HI Panji, thats all I am asking for also ah...... Beer Callaway

titu
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: So....what do you expect fm your golf game?   So....what do you expect fm your golf game? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:32 am

Tituman wrote:
eiji wrote:

Wah Nic.. very ambitious leh. " no more than 2 triple bogey, 4 dble bogeys per game. "
Even Tiger recently triple bogey twice during the competition in a game. Don't set too high an expectation and you won't get disappointed so often you know. Unless you are trying to turn pro in the near future, other wise, don't have to be so hard on yourself. I prefer to do what Pushslice asked for. More practical. But actually for me, can play golf happy enough liao la. Good company to enjoy the moment for 4 1/2 hrs. Whatever the scores, I am happy to be playing with good companies. Just being me I guessed. cheers

titu

I've learn not to focus so much on score lately, but I still wanna have an aim, it helps me frame my mind and is a personal challenge. If my goal is just not to have too many blow holes, i know that laying up on the tougher holes might be the smarter way to play. On holes with tough pin placement, i just aim for the fat part of the green and aim to 2 put to bring home a bogey.

I am an idealist, not really a full blown perfectionist, but i like to set higher standards for myself, keeps me motivated. Golf is a very personal game, unlike most other sports where it is more competitive, so to keep myself in that competitive mode, its good to challenge myself. Dont wish to turn pro or anything, but I would like to play with a swagger and good amount of trust in my swing. like the question duval post is what do I expect from my golf game, this are just my expectations. better to aim higher and fall a tad short than aim low and fulfil it without much sense of achievement.

I always enjoy my golf game, regardless of whether i play well or not, mainly because i never take the ability to enjoy a game of golf with friends for granted.

so titu, when we gonna have a game together?
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: So....what do you expect fm your golf game?   So....what do you expect fm your golf game? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:39 am

Ya waiting for the day when our day can meet each other. I am temporary resting my injured elbows and have stayed off for just over a month already. Last game was the GR's Anniversary game at Kranji. Now resting and waiting for my invitation game to the Benz Pro Am on Aug 10th. But since my wife is flying off to Hong Kong tomorrow till Sunday, I felt like going for an early game on Thursday morning at MBGC. YOu cam make it? If yes, then I will go for it. Let me know.

titu
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: So....what do you expect fm your golf game?   So....what do you expect fm your golf game? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:42 am

thurs morning was thinking of playing at NSRCC, Tian is on so far, but i am not sure if u r ok with NSRCC
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: So....what do you expect fm your golf game?   So....what do you expect fm your golf game? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:47 am

Hey I don't mind joining. Changi I guess right? Can you make it?
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: So....what do you expect fm your golf game?   So....what do you expect fm your golf game? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 10:39 am

So Eiji are you playing tomorrow morning ???
Back to top Go down
joleelyn
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
joleelyn

PostSubject: Re: So....what do you expect fm your golf game?   So....what do you expect fm your golf game? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:13 pm

I expect not to have expectations. Very Happy

Cos the more I think, the more screwed up the game is. ....
Or .. if it's early morning tee-off. I expect myself to be damn blur for the first couple of holes. *heh heh* Not exactly a morning person.
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: So....what do you expect fm your golf game?   So....what do you expect fm your golf game? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:44 pm

I think you should expect to get out of it, what you put into it.

Ranging once a week, hitting 200 balls without purpose and playing once a month is realistically not enough for big improvement.

Set realistic goals based on the time and effort you devote to the game. Most of all have fun and enjoy the opportunity.

As for pro and low H/C players (0-4), a rough guide would be 3 x 18 holes per week, 1000 balls at range and 5-6 hours on shortgame per week. Do this for many years and you may achieve this level.

There is also the talent and physical and mental characteristics that are needed.

Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: So....what do you expect fm your golf game?   So....what do you expect fm your golf game? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:57 pm

Tituman wrote:
So Eiji are you playing tomorrow morning ???

no don't think so, got a bunch of work piled up on my desk at the moment.

Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: So....what do you expect fm your golf game?   So....what do you expect fm your golf game? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 1:54 pm

hear hear paul!

Eiji..min 3 games a week buddy Wink
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

PostSubject: Re: So....what do you expect fm your golf game?   So....what do you expect fm your golf game? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 2:03 pm

i try to play below 100 every game, if i cant play to my 22 hcp.

i also try not to lose all sixes, and not to lose more than 3 holes per 9 in my match play with mizzy and mloy, and not to have more than 3 big snakes per game, and also not to lose more than 5 balls per game.
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: So....what do you expect fm your golf game?   So....what do you expect fm your golf game? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 2:07 pm

zhenxua wrote:
i try to play below 100 every game, if i cant play to my 22 hcp.

i also try not to lose all sixes, and not to lose more than 3 holes per 9 in my match play with mizzy and mloy, and not to have more than 3 big snakes per game, and also not to lose more than 5 balls per game.

wow, that's exactly what I should aim for too.. bom
Back to top Go down
p3nboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
p3nboy

PostSubject: Re: So....what do you expect fm your golf game?   So....what do you expect fm your golf game? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 2:35 pm

4th phase: This is a period of COMPLAIN.....shot cannot hit..I complain and curse, Shot can hit...I also complain and curse coz not good enough......in other words, OVER-Expectation

I am 1.5yrs into the game, did not go through 3rd phase but are in 4th phase now...I think i will be stuck here for a LOOOOOOG while... Laughing
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: So....what do you expect fm your golf game?   So....what do you expect fm your golf game? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 2:58 pm

joleelyn wrote:
I expect not to have expectations. Very Happy

Cos the more I think, the more screwed up the game is. ....
Or .. if it's early morning tee-off. I expect myself to be damn blur for the first couple of holes. *heh heh* Not exactly a morning person.

Phew.....for a while, I thought I am the only one having this problem.

Cannot seem to 'wake 'up'' for 1st few holes of morning tee off. Sleep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So....what do you expect fm your golf game?   So....what do you expect fm your golf game? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So....what do you expect fm your golf game?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next