Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership

Go down 
+5
mloy
nientsu
Tituman
TheFocalPoint
ChrisD
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership Empty
PostSubject: Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership   Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 11:59 pm

Anyone here keen to join this club for 2 years?
RM3,000 follow by RM2,000 for the next 5 years.
Subcription is around RM67 per mth.
Recipocal to Warren, SICC and Keppel.
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership   Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 7:26 am

Ayer Keroh is it? The one in Malacca?
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership   Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 8:11 am

ChrisD wrote:

Membership is a bit ambiguous. Here is the actual.

"Foreigner Term Membership

Fee - RM3,000/- for 2 years
Subscription - RM73.50 (Inclusive 5% Government Tax)
Facilities - All
Renewable after 5 years - RM2000/- per year
Deposit (Refundable) - RM1,000/- "

So as associate member, how much do you have to pay Keppel per game? Any idea?

titu
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership   Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 8:11 am

TheFocalPoint wrote:
Ayer Keroh is it? The one in Malacca?

Ya. One and only.
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership   Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 8:31 am

Tituman wrote:
ChrisD wrote:

Membership is a bit ambiguous. Here is the actual.

"Foreigner Term Membership

Fee - RM3,000/- for 2 years
Subscription - RM73.50 (Inclusive 5% Government Tax)
Facilities - All
Renewable after 5 years - RM2000/- per year
Deposit (Refundable) - RM1,000/- "

So as associate member, how much do you have to pay Keppel per game? Any idea?

Will have to call the 3 Singapore clubs to check the rates.
Currently there is another club that is affli is bukit banang.
Affli to Keppel, sembawang and seletar.

titu
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership   Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:13 pm

The procedure for getting a slot to the recipocal club are as follows:

1. Request Ayer keloh to send a letter to the club stating the course, date, time, flightmates,etc.
2. SICC/Warren/Keppel will revert back.
3. Each club allows affli members up to 14times per year.

Quite a hassle. But definitely save some $$ and able to play 3 diff clubs by only paying buggy fees, ins, taxes.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership   Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:41 pm

Sounds like a good plan le...

hmmm....

Am working my math now.....
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership   Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:51 pm

But the home club is so far away in Malacca that it will probably be played in very limited number of times per year leh.... scratch If you can play every week then it is worthwhile.
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership   Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:58 pm

Tituman wrote:
But the home club is so far away in Malacca that it will probably be played in very limited number of times per year leh.... scratch If you can play every week then it is worthwhile.

I think what ChrisD is saying is: join Ayer Keroh as a member and play in S'pore club as affiliate member of Ayer Keroh. (Like SICC & Warren). You just need Ayer Keroh to write a letter to the S'pore club to say that you are playing. Is that right ChrisD?
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership   Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 4:35 pm

mloy wrote:
Tituman wrote:

I think what ChrisD is saying is: join Ayer Keroh as a member and play in S'pore club as affiliate member of Ayer Keroh. (Like SICC & Warren). You just need Ayer Keroh to write a letter to the S'pore club to say that you are playing. Is that right ChrisD?

Monica, every club in Singapore you can play about once a month with 2 to spare. 14 times a year per club.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership   Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 4:38 pm

I guess it still work out pretty ok if you take turns to play 1 club every week. But please remember, places like SICC,unless you have friends in that club, normal people may not want to join you because they are paying full/guest rates which I think would be pretty hefty
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership   Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 4:40 pm

When you joined a premium club in Singapore, please make sure you have buddies playing in there too. Otherwise you will always be joining flights with strangers. I have a friend in Sentosa Golf club and he could not get his buddies to play with him because it is too ex for them. Once in awhile yes but not every week. You get my drift Monica?

titu
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership   Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 4:42 pm

Tituman wrote:
mloy wrote:
Tituman wrote:

Monica, every club in Singapore you can play about once a month with 2 to spare. 14 times a year per club.

But if we are not a member of a local members' club we can't play unless signed in by a member. And if a member sign us in we have to pay guest rates. As an affiliate member we pay buggy fee only. I may be wrong.
Back to top Go down
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aural

PostSubject: Re: Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership   Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 4:43 pm

Tituman wrote:
mloy wrote:
Tituman wrote:

So effectively, total is 36 games in a year so as to say?
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership   Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 4:51 pm

That's is why chioh more ppl to join Ayer keloh and can form a flight to play at Warren/SICC/Keppel without having any hassle in securing a flight.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership   Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 4:53 pm

But is it confirm we pay only buggy fees?
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership   Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 4:54 pm

mloy wrote:
Tituman wrote:
mloy wrote:
Tituman wrote:

But if we are not a member of a local members' club we can't play unless signed in by a member. And if a member sign us in we have to pay guest rates. As an affiliate member we pay buggy fee only. I may be wrong.

True Monica that is if you buy the Ayer Keroh membership. But if you are the only one who bought, you will have problem getting people to play with you on a regular basis because your guest is not paying what you are paying. Thats what I am stressing. So you MUST have a group/flight who are also members then, you can have regular games there. Otherwise, non members will not always play with you when You want to play there. Thats what I am talking about.

Last edited by Tituman on Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership   Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 4:58 pm

ChrisD wrote:
That's is why chioh more ppl to join Ayer keloh and can form a flight to play at Warren/SICC/Keppel without having any hassle in securing a flight.

Thats right Chris. This is what I am stressing to MOnica about. But guess Keppel ok because we have quite a number of members here in GR. So you must try to get at least a minimum of 1 flight to join the membership to make it viable or else what I have mentioned kicked in.
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership   Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 5:03 pm

If we can get 3 or more ppl to join Ayer keloh.
Chances are that they can arrange a flight easily.
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership   Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 5:08 pm

Tituman wrote:
mloy wrote:
Tituman wrote:
mloy wrote:
Tituman wrote:

True Monica that is if you buy the Ayer Keroh membership. But if you are the only one who bought, you will have problem getting people to play with you on a regular basis because your guest is not paying what you are paying. Thats what I am stressing. So you MUST have a group/flight who are also members then, you can have regular games there. Otherwise, non members will not always play with you when You want to play there. Thats what I am talking about.

Tituman, I know where you are coming from but was stressing about joining a malaysian club and playing in S'pore as affiliate member and paying for buggy only. Of course if nobody else join than its not worth the while. I agree in any club if have no khakis then no point in buying the membership.
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership   Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 5:38 pm

So anyone interested to join?

I will pen my name down first
1. Chrisd
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership   Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 6:49 pm

ChrisD

Is it confirm we just pay buggy fees for games in the 3 clubs???

Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership   Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 8:29 pm

Yep for SICC. Have not checked with the rest as yet.
So far there is no mentioned of 50% green fees.
Some only cover 50% green fees. Eg. Bukitbang membership to play at seletar at 50% green fees.
Back to top Go down
artchang00
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership   Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 11:29 am

Beofre you jump in, it's best that you check if they allow residents of the home country to play in an affiliated clubs in their own home country.

I have a friend who is a member of a club in Jakarta that is affiliated to SICC but when he goes home to Singapore to play in SICC, they asked to see his passport!

Check the fine prints first or else everybody will be buying Malaysian and Indonesian club memberships to play at home in Singapore.

Each time I use my club's reciprocal benefits to play, the reciprocal clubs will ask to see my passport to ensure I'm not a resident. And Palm Resort in JB allows me to play at Damai Indah here in Jakarta for only Rp75,000 (S$12+) vs as high as Rp1,440,000 (S$218+)! This alone is 3 months club subscription fees!
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership   Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 11:46 am

artchang00 wrote:
Beofre you jump in, it's best that you check if they allow residents of the home country to play in an affiliated clubs in their own home country.

I have a friend who is a member of a club in Jakarta that is affiliated to SICC but when he goes home to Singapore to play in SICC, they asked to see his passport!

Check the fine prints first or else everybody will be buying Malaysian and Indonesian club memberships to play at home in Singapore.

Each time I use my club's reciprocal benefits to play, the reciprocal clubs will ask to see my passport to ensure I'm not a resident. And Palm Resort in JB allows me to play at Damai Indah here in Jakarta for only Rp75,000 (S$12+) vs as high as Rp1,440,000 (S$218+)! This alone is 3 months club subscription fees!

Good and valid point. PLease scrutinised the fine prints carefully before wetting your fingers. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership   Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ayer Kelor Country Club Membership
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next