Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership

Go down 
+22
Khorkar
alucard
blee67
mUAr_cHEe
slinger
jeffman88
asahi
nutty88
Shooter
Technospaz
kim001
ahnah
stingray
chien
sywog
Gray
ehyouagain
pushslice
pug
enwee
adious
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
adious
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership Empty
PostSubject: Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership   Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 11:46 am

Like to seek your views on which club would be a better buy. Thinking of getting either one.

Keppel club is pretty low priced at the moment and it allows junior member to be converted to full member after 21 years old with a nomimal fee. While Seletar is not so crowded, nicer course and more programs for family and kids.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership   Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 11:58 am

Actually if you speak to members of both clubs, they'll tell you both clubs wkend also very crowded. Keppel is in the process of shifting, new location is still a mystery.
Back to top Go down
adious
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership   Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 12:12 pm

Keppel will definitely shift? Would require top up?

I see from websites that Keppel has like 3500 members and 6000+ spouse and junior members. With junior members converting to members after 21 years old, the membership will keep increasing. Whereas Seletar i think has only about 2500+ members.

In a delimma, as the ability to convert from junior is one of the main advantage that attracts me.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership   Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 12:24 pm

adious wrote:

I see from websites that Keppel has like 3500 members and 6000+ spouse and junior members. With junior members converting to members after 21 years old, the membership will keep increasing. Whereas Seletar i think has only about 2500+ members.

In a delimma, as the ability to convert from junior is one of the main advantage that attracts me.
Very high chance they'll shift as the current piece of land worth more money for condo. If I remember correctly, the current location still got lease for about 10 years? I'm sure members of Keppel know more detail.
Back to top Go down
pug
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
pug

PostSubject: Re: Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership   Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 2:03 pm

Seletar is quite impossible to book on weekends, as is the case with most other clubs. Depends on what you are looking for. Otherwise, try term membership and see which one suits you better.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership   Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 2:15 pm

Seletar is a much better course to play. If Golf is your no.1 criteria (as opposed to costs, investments, networking, ulu vs prime location, having kakis, etc etc) then I'd say, Seletar.
Back to top Go down
ehyouagain
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership   Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 2:55 pm

adious wrote:

Not all the Keppel Juniors will be able to switch over to a non-transferable membership when they turn 21. Keppel has switched the policy to restrict the privilege to members who have been with the club for a longer period of time.
Back to top Go down
adious
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership   Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 3:23 pm

What is the pre-requisite for Keppel Juniors to switch over to a non transferable membership when they turn 21? This priviledge still open to new members?
Back to top Go down
ehyouagain
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership   Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 3:30 pm

adious wrote:
What is the pre-requisite for Keppel Juniors to switch over to a non transferable membership when they turn 21? This priviledge still open to new members?

From what I know, the option is not open to new members. There has been restriction put on the year of which all members who join after that particular year will not have the option of having their junior membership converted to a full member.
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership   Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 4:12 pm

anyone knows which year?
Back to top Go down
adious
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership   Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 4:16 pm

Thats sad. Other than the price, the option for Juniors to be converted was one of the big plus point for me to get Keppel membership.
Back to top Go down
sywog
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership   Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 4:34 pm

Do the Junior member get converted to full golfing membership (non transferable) or just social membership (non transferable) ?
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership   Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 4:37 pm

sywog wrote:
Do the Junior member get converted to full golfing membership (non transferable) or just social membership (non transferable) ?

likely follow the parents membership type.
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership   Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 9:27 pm

Adious

Before sharing, could you give a bit more background as to
1. Why you wanna buy a club?
2. For golf or family?
3. Where do you stay?
4. Where do all your good kakis play?
5. How often do you play a week/month ?

That would help us understand and give you a better picture...
cheers

Back to top Go down
adious
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership   Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 11:50 am

chien wrote:
Adious

1. Why you wanna buy a club? => Just obtained my handicap and like to play more often
2. For golf or family? => Both.
3. Where do you stay? => Lor Chuan
4. Where do all your good kakis play? => just 2 kakis at the moment and we play mostly in JB which is too troublesome.
5. How often do you play a week/month ? => once a month and looking into playing more often

cheers

Back to top Go down
stingray
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership   Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 11:52 am

@adious If you end up with Keppel, be sure to PM me for games. All the best for ur decision.
Back to top Go down
adious
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership   Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 12:01 pm

stingray wrote:
@adious If you end up with Keppel, be sure to PM me for games. All the best for ur decision.

Sure do. Thanks for the invite. Hope that you dont get slowed by a lousy player...

R u a member in Keppel? any feedback on the club? Any idea where it would be shifted to? Any information on it?

Back to top Go down
adious
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership   Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 12:02 pm

ehyouagain wrote:
adious wrote:

From what I know, the option is not open to new members. There has been restriction put on the year of which all members who join after that particular year will not have the option of having their junior membership converted to a full member.

You are right. I just checked with Keppel and their response as follows :

those members who joined the Club before Feb 1996; only their children who have been Junior Members for 5 years before reaching 21 years will be offered Associate Membership (Non-Transferable) if eligible.

New members’ children are not eligible.
Back to top Go down
stingray
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership   Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 1:27 pm

@adious PM sent. Just my two cents lah. No juicy insights.
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership   Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 5:02 pm

adious wrote:

You are right. I just checked with Keppel and their response as follows :

those members who joined the Club before Feb 1996; only their children who have been Junior Members for 5 years before reaching 21 years will be offered Associate Membership (Non-Transferable) if eligible.

New members’ children are not eligible.

Kao. 1996 I am still in NS earning $300/mth and have to keep $299 to chase GF. $1 donate to CDAC fund. where can afford to buy keppel club.
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership   Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 5:40 pm

adious wrote:
chien wrote:
Adious

1. Why you wanna buy a club? => Just obtained my handicap and like to play more often
4. Where do all your good kakis play? => just 2 kakis at the moment and we play mostly in JB which is too troublesome.
5. How often do you play a week/month ? => once a month and looking into playing more often

cheers

Adious

Honestly, you don't need to buy either.. You get 2 good courses in NSRCC Changi and Kranji, total of 45 holes - 5 nines, MBGC though it's a bit more expensive, and you can through few credit cards or golf kakis etc play at Keppel, OCC etc..

I am a member of Keppel and it's now a white elephant for me... Both courses are equally crowded, so you can forget about feeling "exclusive" at either.. If you wanna bring family for a swim etc, I think the Jurong swimming complex got a great pool... Seletar got a new 18 holes, gonna play there soon, but I heard it's pretty crowded too especially during weekends..

Also, staying at Lor Chuan means you need at least 30 mins of travel time to either courses.. Not far, but its different if say you stay at Telok Blangah or Pasir Panjang area which is very near to Keppel for eg..

Personally, I think NSRCC would be a great "club" for you, cheap, nice pool, bungalows and various sports facilities, and you have lotsa GR members playing there every week.... So you don't need to worry whether your membership is fully utilized..

Just my 2 cents worth mate... cheers

Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ahnah

PostSubject: Re: Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership   Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 5:45 pm

chien wrote:
adious wrote:
chien wrote:
Adious

cheers

Adious

Honestly, you don't need to buy either.. You get 2 good courses in NSRCC Changi and Kranji, total of 45 holes - 5 nines, MBGC though it's a bit more expensive, and you can through few credit cards or golf kakis etc play at Keppel, OCC etc..

I am a member of Keppel and it's now a white elephant for me... Both courses are equally crowded, so you can forget about feeling "exclusive" at either.. If you wanna bring family for a swim etc, I think the Jurong swimming complex got a great pool... Seletar got a new 18 holes, gonna play there soon, but I heard it's pretty crowded too especially during weekends..

Also, staying at Lor Chuan means you need at least 30 mins of travel time to either courses.. Not far, but its different if say you stay at Telok Blangah or Pasir Panjang area which is very near to Keppel for eg..

Personally, I think NSRCC would be a great "club" for you, cheap, nice pool, bungalows and various sports facilities, and you have lotsa GR members playing there every week.... So you don't need to worry whether your membership is fully utilized..

no wonder NSRCC increase the fee
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership   Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 5:50 pm

ahnah wrote:
chien wrote:
adious wrote:
chien wrote:
Adious

cheers

Adious

no wonder NSRCC increase the fee

And you can bet despite the fee increase, golf at NSRCC will still be a 5 hours affair... lol!

Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ahnah

PostSubject: Re: Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership   Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 5:51 pm

Too bad I got no $ to join the membership
Back to top Go down
adious
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership   Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 9:43 am

chien wrote:
adious wrote:
chien wrote:
Adious

cheers

Adious

Thanks Chien for your input.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership   Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Re : Keppel Club or Seletar Country Club Membership
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next