Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WGC - Bridgestone Invitational

Go down 
+24
4dtoto
jurongtiger
siaw8
shotah
samT
22tang
Ken_
digdug888
jaketang
mervyntan
Khorkar
ironfist
S70B
golfamigo
G_Man
mUAr_cHEe
grooveballer
who8168
Dstruc
jtek
Golfnuts
camilio
Technospaz
DGman
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

WGC - Bridgestone Invitational - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WGC - Bridgestone Invitational   WGC - Bridgestone Invitational - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 7:36 pm

E X T E N S I O N

Oops, wrong sport.
Back to top Go down
who8168
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
who8168

PostSubject: Re: WGC - Bridgestone Invitational   WGC - Bridgestone Invitational - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 8:52 pm

mervyntan wrote:
what happens if they don't follow the clock? ie. if the clock has been started, and they still take their time to take their shots, what penalty is there?

also, who/what determines whether they take too much time for their shots or not? if i take a few practise swings before my shot, is it taking too much time?

seems a little arbitrary to me, so if any rules pro could help to satisfy my curiosity

By the time the last flight of TW & PH reached the 16th tee, they were 17 min behind schedule. Thus the golf officials had no choice but to put them on the clock. While on the clock, players must play their shots within an allocated time or risk an initial warning followed by a $5k fine & a 1-shot penalty for a 2nd offence. It does not matter if the last flight have nobody to hold up by slow play, it is still unfair to all the groups in front of them who played within normal pace.

Do you know even though TW won the tournament, he felt that PH was much affected by the clock rule at the 16th thus the triple-bogey, he actually voiced out against the officials, & now is going to get fined for slamming the ruling officials? affraid I admire the guts of PGA too, for imposing a fine on world no. 1. But this incident also shows TW's mutual respect for PH & his capabilities.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: WGC - Bridgestone Invitational   WGC - Bridgestone Invitational - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:01 pm

Who caused the delay? In my mind, it's more likely TW than PH.
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: WGC - Bridgestone Invitational   WGC - Bridgestone Invitational - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 3:27 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Who caused the delay? In my mind, it's more likely TW than PH.

Confirmed TW lor. A few thousands dollars of fine is just loose change for TW lah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WGC - Bridgestone Invitational   WGC - Bridgestone Invitational - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WGC - Bridgestone Invitational
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4