Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WGC - Bridgestone Invitational

Go down 
+24
4dtoto
jurongtiger
siaw8
shotah
samT
22tang
Ken_
digdug888
jaketang
mervyntan
Khorkar
ironfist
S70B
golfamigo
G_Man
mUAr_cHEe
grooveballer
who8168
Dstruc
jtek
Golfnuts
camilio
Technospaz
DGman
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

WGC - Bridgestone Invitational - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WGC - Bridgestone Invitational   WGC - Bridgestone Invitational - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 8:13 am

And Tiger wins it by 4 strokes. He's amazing.
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: WGC - Bridgestone Invitational   WGC - Bridgestone Invitational - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 8:42 am

If only padraig didn't make that triple bogey on that par 5. What a turn of events. Tiger with 2 bogeys then lose the lead then padraig triple and tiger got back the lead.
Back to top Go down
siaw8
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
siaw8

PostSubject: Re: WGC - Bridgestone Invitational   WGC - Bridgestone Invitational - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 9:27 am

Cheers Jump
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: WGC - Bridgestone Invitational   WGC - Bridgestone Invitational - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 10:17 am

Technospaz wrote:
LCB completed with a 74-75-75-75. Not a bad showing but not good either. At least, the exposure was excellent. Keep it coming, LCB!!

do you know that the 76 placing is worth more than 2nd finishing at most Asian Tour Event?

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: WGC - Bridgestone Invitational   WGC - Bridgestone Invitational - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 10:43 am

DGman wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
LCB completed with a 74-75-75-75. Not a bad showing but not good either. At least, the exposure was excellent. Keep it coming, LCB!!

do you know that the 76 placing is worth more than 2nd finishing at most Asian Tour Event?

DGman

I'm not surprised. But even then, the value of the experience in playing with the 'top guns' is priceless in and of itself Smile
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: WGC - Bridgestone Invitational   WGC - Bridgestone Invitational - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 12:43 pm

Man... woods is not human....
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: WGC - Bridgestone Invitational   WGC - Bridgestone Invitational - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 1:42 pm

jurongtiger wrote:

<cue cheesy joke>

Woods is not human. He is tiger.

</cue cheesy joke>
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: WGC - Bridgestone Invitational   WGC - Bridgestone Invitational - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 5:16 pm

I was reading today newspaper on the sport section and report on the 3rd day. I only smile to my self, the reporter reported that Pad was very happy with his 3rd day finishing and work and when he look up the leader board and see who he his playing with, his face change...hahahahahahaha....

Wow it seems that playing with TW on the final day and pairing can really make the playing partner's balls shrink. Like walking with a Tiger who is going to eat you and always on defense, cannot focus and thus dun play well.

I think LCB did a good job. Well done, at least he did Singapore proud by being a rep on this Tournament. Many pple want to play also cannot leh....
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: WGC - Bridgestone Invitational   WGC - Bridgestone Invitational - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 8:48 pm

I thought Tiger wasn't that happy to win in such fashion. If they weren't put on the clock on 16th, Paddy could have played better, and we would have an exciting finish.

4dtoto wrote:
Wow it seems that playing with TW on the final day and pairing can really make the playing partner's balls shrink.

Wah Bob, you not scare kena ban for using vulgarity? Very Happy I think cannot use "balls shrink" lei unless you are referring to a new type of golf ball lah... hahaha...
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: WGC - Bridgestone Invitational   WGC - Bridgestone Invitational - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 10:01 am

Oops!, maybe i shud say, Pad's confidence level got affected slightly...
Back to top Go down
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
hillgreen

PostSubject: Re: WGC - Bridgestone Invitational   WGC - Bridgestone Invitational - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 11:47 am

OMG !!!

Unhuman tiger..... affraid

He got my respect man.... this man really live up to his name...... chasing up in the last moment is not for the faint hearted... needs lots of confidence, mental strength , etcs.... to arrive at the top again....

Cheers for Tiger... cheers for Wood... cheers

Technospaz wrote:
jurongtiger wrote:

<cue cheesy joke>

Woods is not human. He is tiger.

</cue cheesy joke>
Back to top Go down
kopiO
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kopiO

PostSubject: Re: WGC - Bridgestone Invitational   WGC - Bridgestone Invitational - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 12:06 pm

i m still puzzled as to why paddy dropped his ball so far away and across the water, after his first mistake. couldn't he juz drop near the water edge and do a (shorter) chip back?
Back to top Go down
camilio
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: WGC - Bridgestone Invitational   WGC - Bridgestone Invitational - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 1:02 pm

i think you cannot do that as he has to drop 2 club lengths from the point of entry into the hazard, not nearer to the hole. Because the ball if he were to drop it will always be nearer the hole since the pin in this case is at the back and not towards the front, he has to walk back to hit his next shot. But i am curious if it might have been better if he were to rehit the ball from the last ball position again, which i think he could have done.

But i guess he was afraid the ball coming out of the rough would go back into the water.

Anyway you could see he started to rush his swing on the 3rd shot already. what a pity, could have been such a great finish. I think yeah, playing with Tiger definitely adds pressure. If he were playing with Sergio i think he would have won.
Back to top Go down
who8168
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
who8168

PostSubject: Re: WGC - Bridgestone Invitational   WGC - Bridgestone Invitational - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 1:49 pm

PH just absolutely enjoys beating Sergio. On Sunday he should've just imagine he's playing Sergio instead of TW, then we would've had a good match.
Back to top Go down
digdug888
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
digdug888

PostSubject: Re: WGC - Bridgestone Invitational   WGC - Bridgestone Invitational - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 1:53 pm

TIGER'S da man !!!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: WGC - Bridgestone Invitational   WGC - Bridgestone Invitational - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 1:57 pm

kopiO wrote:
i m still puzzled as to why paddy dropped his ball so far away and across the water, after his first mistake. couldn't he juz drop near the water edge and do a (shorter) chip back?

I thought that would've been the better play too, but I guess he knows the rules better than me.
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: WGC - Bridgestone Invitational   WGC - Bridgestone Invitational - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:07 pm

Poor PH. What an unlucky break he had on 16th with the ball sitting on the slope near the bunker. I seriously don't think he was that affected pairing up with Tiger as he did save quite a few critical putts. I really feel for PH. It was a good fight till the drama at 16th.

I have to admit Tiger was rock solid with his first nine scoring. Simply amazing.
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: WGC - Bridgestone Invitational   WGC - Bridgestone Invitational - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:10 pm

i think PH is such a great player... class....

he lost becoz of the stupid timing ruling... sometimes u wonder if the rules are stupid... yes they are behind schedule for 16mins... but who are they holding up anyway?

sometimes a great match will take slightly longer.....

but really, PH din even complain abt it...he din even blame the rushing on his errant shots...
a sporting player.... nvr give excuse or complain this n tht...

class....
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: WGC - Bridgestone Invitational   WGC - Bridgestone Invitational - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:13 pm

And we know why they were put on the clock. If you look at the way Tiger plays, he can be really slow, i.e. numerous practice swings, back-off and re-address, etc...... Was that part of his game plan to be put on the clock?

PH plays fast. 2-short swings, 1-full swing and bang. Not often you will see him backing off his shots.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: WGC - Bridgestone Invitational   WGC - Bridgestone Invitational - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:16 pm

jaketang wrote:
i think PH is such a great player... class....

he lost becoz of the stupid timing ruling... sometimes u wonder if the rules are stupid... yes they are behind schedule for 16mins... but who are they holding up anyway?

sometimes a great match will take slightly longer.....

but really, PH din even complain abt it...he din even blame the rushing on his errant shots...
a sporting player.... nvr give excuse or complain this n tht...

class....

I didn't realize he was being chased for time. Regardless, he's just a class act. He hit a bad shot - caught the ball too hot. Didn't complain about it and tried to recover but he was too far back with just 2 holes to play. An unfortunate turn of events but it happens. His demeanor was exemplary and very professional, notwithstanding the outcome.
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: WGC - Bridgestone Invitational   WGC - Bridgestone Invitational - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:18 pm

Agree.. PH is really a great sportsman and great player...never blame others but only himself ...I have a new Idol liao..PH PH PH...
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: WGC - Bridgestone Invitational   WGC - Bridgestone Invitational - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:28 pm

Both are great players, but TW will make golf history and be listed with all-time America's greatest golfers such as Bobby Jones, Ben Hogan, Jack Nicklaus, and Arnold Palmer.

U R seeing golf history in the making.

That is until in the distant future ANOTHER upcoming golfer appears and beats TW's record.

Lessons from history.

CK
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: WGC - Bridgestone Invitational   WGC - Bridgestone Invitational - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 5:09 pm

but actually it's quite true tht TW very slow... pattern quite alot... heeheehee
but cant denied ppl doesn't mind watching him.. hahhaaa

but really respect PH loh...

actually how many of us can do that? win or loss, nvr blames anyone or things? take the loss so sportingly.....

so sometimes try to tell myself, to be able to see through the win loss factor, that's another level..... Smile
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: WGC - Bridgestone Invitational   WGC - Bridgestone Invitational - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 5:15 pm

When Tiger doesn't win, you will notice that he will never say the winner played better in those post-round interviews. He will always say he did not do well in this or that, So-n-so played great etc.

That is a good mental tip for u folks. If u put ur opponent on a pedestal, you will never beat him cos half the battle is already lost.
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: WGC - Bridgestone Invitational   WGC - Bridgestone Invitational - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 5:22 pm

what happens if they don't follow the clock? ie. if the clock has been started, and they still take their time to take their shots, what penalty is there?

also, who/what determines whether they take too much time for their shots or not? if i take a few practise swings before my shot, is it taking too much time?

seems a little arbitrary to me, so if any rules pro could help to satisfy my curiosity
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WGC - Bridgestone Invitational   WGC - Bridgestone Invitational - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WGC - Bridgestone Invitational
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next