Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Titleist Ap2 iron vs Taylormade R9 Forged

Go down 
+9
S70B
ghoonk
Golfnuts
mengteck71
and68low
Genesis
Aloyboy
TheFocalPoint
speed_devil15
13 posters
AuthorMessage
speed_devil15
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Titleist Ap2 iron vs Taylormade R9 Forged Empty
PostSubject: Titleist Ap2 iron vs Taylormade R9 Forged   Titleist Ap2 iron vs Taylormade R9 Forged I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 4:59 pm

Any1 can advise which one is better for an amaetur player...
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Ap2 iron vs Taylormade R9 Forged   Titleist Ap2 iron vs Taylormade R9 Forged I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 7:07 pm

Amateur player or 'Amateur' player..? heh.. got big difference! Smile
Back to top Go down
Aloyboy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Aloyboy

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Ap2 iron vs Taylormade R9 Forged   Titleist Ap2 iron vs Taylormade R9 Forged I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 7:17 pm

If beginner. R9 forge should be easier. If ure a better player, eg. Thefocalpoint, use either one also can.
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Ap2 iron vs Taylormade R9 Forged   Titleist Ap2 iron vs Taylormade R9 Forged I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 7:24 pm

Aloyboy wrote:
If beginner. R9 forge should be easier. If ure a better player, eg. Thefocalpoint, use either one also can.

Hahahaa, If you're an 'Amateur' player (i.e. one rank away from turning Pro, like Aloyboy), then use either one also can... ahahhahhahahhahaaa
Back to top Go down
Genesis
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Ap2 iron vs Taylormade R9 Forged   Titleist Ap2 iron vs Taylormade R9 Forged I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 7:31 pm

Maybe you can tell us your average score e.g Par Man, Below 80 , below 90 , below 100 , above 100 and etc...

AP2 is more suitable for Below 90 or lower. However, the shaft type also very important, you need to know your swing speed , get advise from your club fitter before you purchase. If you buy the wrong type of shaft then you'll either not enjoy your game or you've to waste some $$$ ..
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Ap2 iron vs Taylormade R9 Forged   Titleist Ap2 iron vs Taylormade R9 Forged I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 7:48 pm

If i am not wrong the TM R9 forged is not full forged(only the face) so, difficult to bend lie angle or at most 1 degree and most club fitter will not want to bend it, Ap2 is a full piece forged...., to choose between the two, will be the feel and looks factor, thus it will be a personal preference.
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Ap2 iron vs Taylormade R9 Forged   Titleist Ap2 iron vs Taylormade R9 Forged I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 10:36 pm

Genesis wrote:
Maybe you can tell us your average score e.g Par Man, Below 80 , below 90 , below 100 , above 100 and etc...

AP2 is more suitable for Below 90 or lower. However, the shaft type also very important, you need to know your swing speed , get advise from your club fitter before you purchase. If you buy the wrong type of shaft then you'll either not enjoy your game or you've to waste some $$$ ..

If you buy the wrong shafts.... no worries.. just fit pu to KBS and trade in to DGMAN... then u will enjoy and never turn back
Back to top Go down
Genesis
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Ap2 iron vs Taylormade R9 Forged   Titleist Ap2 iron vs Taylormade R9 Forged I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 10:01 am

Mengteck71, are you using AP2 , the newer model? Did you change to KBS shafts? I asked around and was told that can choose your prefer shafts but there is a up charge ,need to wait about one month to 6 weeks.
Back to top Go down
Golfnuts
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Golfnuts

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Ap2 iron vs Taylormade R9 Forged   Titleist Ap2 iron vs Taylormade R9 Forged I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 10:18 am

Genesis wrote:
Mengteck71, are you using AP2 , the newer model? Did you change to KBS shafts? I asked around and was told that can choose your prefer shafts but there is a up charge ,need to wait about one month to 6 weeks.

The waiting time depends... I bought a new set of AP2 710 fixed with Project X 5.0 and they delivered it in 2.5 weeks.
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Ap2 iron vs Taylormade R9 Forged   Titleist Ap2 iron vs Taylormade R9 Forged I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 1:32 pm

I was using the AP2 (old model) and reshafted to AP2. The feel is so much smoother compared to the stock PX 5.5. Got to BFG. You only wait 2 hours... Smile
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Ap2 iron vs Taylormade R9 Forged   Titleist Ap2 iron vs Taylormade R9 Forged I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 6:10 pm

I would say the AP1 would be comparable to the R9, while the AP2 would be closer in comparison to the R9 TP.

As for choice of shafts, it is hard to say which will perform better - a KBS Tour that plays well and friendly in an R9 may not play as well in an AP2. Likewise, an S300 may play better in the AP2 and not as well in the R9.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Ap2 iron vs Taylormade R9 Forged   Titleist Ap2 iron vs Taylormade R9 Forged I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 2:16 am

Thats right.

Thats why my set of AP2s are shafted with DG X100s while my Mizzys and Callys are with KBS Tour S. I tried the new AP2s with KBS Tour S and the balls just shot to the moon.

The head design is as much impt as the shaft u put in. Thats why fitting is required for every diff set of irons or clubs, not just 1 time.
Back to top Go down
cyhcyh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Ap2 iron vs Taylormade R9 Forged   Titleist Ap2 iron vs Taylormade R9 Forged I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 4:43 pm

mengteck71 wrote:
I was using the AP2 (old model) and reshafted to AP2. The feel is so much smoother compared to the stock PX 5.5. Got to BFG. You only wait 2 hours... Smile

What is the new shaft? I am using the previous gen AP2, I am wondering what is the difference between the two? besides colour
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Ap2 iron vs Taylormade R9 Forged   Titleist Ap2 iron vs Taylormade R9 Forged I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 5:07 pm

KBS shaft is the only way to go for not so strong hitter like me
Back to top Go down
7iron
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Ap2 iron vs Taylormade R9 Forged   Titleist Ap2 iron vs Taylormade R9 Forged I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 8:07 pm

AP2 710 is much much better than anything you asking for. About shaft, px are more accurate. Ns pro are light but the dispersion is not that tight. For kbs is in between of both px and ns pro. Dynamic gold way too heavy but good for strong hitters and pro. Of all TITLEIST AP2 are good bro. Give a try, you will never regret.
Back to top Go down
goh2003
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Ap2 iron vs Taylormade R9 Forged   Titleist Ap2 iron vs Taylormade R9 Forged I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 10:39 pm

I'm still considering whether to get a AP2 or a R9 Tp, so confusing leh.
Any ideas where got the best deal ? What is the market price now for R9 Forge then
Looking ard ...
hand itchy wanna change off my R7 .... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Moonfruit
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Moonfruit

PostSubject: R9 price   Titleist Ap2 iron vs Taylormade R9 Forged I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 12:08 am

I called in Thaniya Plaza in Bangkok today to buy some grips and just happened to ask about the price of the R9 forged irons.

35,000THB in Thailand, so about 1,500SGD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Ap2 iron vs Taylormade R9 Forged   Titleist Ap2 iron vs Taylormade R9 Forged I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Titleist Ap2 iron vs Taylormade R9 Forged
Page 1 of 1