Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them?

Go down 
+12
who8168
ironfist
missmoon
Roystonnn
solarpop
daveaha
mervyntan
S70B
Golfnuts
Technospaz
tronos
rocky
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

After every round
Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them? I_vote_lcap100%Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them? I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 17 ]
Every alternate round
Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them? I_vote_lcap0%Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Once a month
Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them? I_vote_lcap0%Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Once every two months
 0% [ 0 ]
Once a year
 0% [ 0 ]
Never!
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
rocky
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
rocky

Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them? Empty
PostSubject: Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them?   Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 7:32 pm

Question to Skins Ice Wearers, how often do you wash your Skins Ice? Apparently the Skins does not become odourous. After one round it looked perfectly clean and dry. So I was just wondering how often do you wash them?

I know a particular famous radio DJ that did not wash his jeans for 2 years. Does it work the same way?

I washed mine after my first round, so no worries. I'm clean. Smile
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them?   Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 8:10 pm

every round.....it will be soaking wet with sweat

when i was younger, i did not wash my jeans for periods of 2-3 months...that was in Australia though, during winter.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them?   Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 9:06 pm

I would wash my Skins (the normal variant) after each round. I think it's expected given the amount of sweat it absorbs.
Back to top Go down
Golfnuts
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Golfnuts

PostSubject: Re: Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them?   Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 9:10 pm

after every single round...

else by next game... your buggy mate might faint? hahaha

Skins owner who bet heavily might want to use the UNWASHED skins if you know what i mean kekeke....
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them?   Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 9:28 pm

Wah Rocky, you serious?

Better wash it everytime after the game, smelly or not.

Odour is not a good gauge for the amount of bacteria left on your clothing man. Dun believe next time I spray my Armani code on my undies then let you test-smell. lol!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them?   Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 9:31 pm

S70B wrote:
Odour is not a good gauge for the amount of bacteria left on your clothing man. Dun believe next time I spray my Armani code on my undies then let you test-smell. lol!

LOL! Next time I see you at the Den, I'll need to hold my breath Mad)
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them?   Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 10:16 pm

tronos wrote:

when i was younger, i did not wash my jeans for periods of 2-3 months...that was in Australia though, during winter.

alot of jeans lovers don't wash their jeans for 1 year plus.. everytime u wash a pair of jeans.. it leeches away the colour.. and also to get the seasoned look... so it's normal Very Happy i havent washed mine for close to 5 months already cheers
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them?   Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 10:28 pm

mervyntan wrote:
tronos wrote:

alot of jeans lovers don't wash their jeans for 1 year plus.. everytime u wash a pair of jeans.. it leeches away the colour.. and also to get the seasoned look... so it's normal Very Happy i havent washed mine for close to 5 months already cheers

I think you can get away with that overseas (where the weather is cool and not humid). Here, if you don't wash your jeans for a week... I fear that people around you will know.
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them?   Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 10:54 pm

Technospaz wrote:
mervyntan wrote:
tronos wrote:

I think you can get away with that overseas (where the weather is cool and not humid). Here, if you don't wash your jeans for a week... I fear that people around you will know.

I washed my skins everytime after I used it. Handwash to prolong the lifespan of the product as suggested by BFG.

Anyway, Jeans - I'd rather buy a new one than not washing it more than 1 or 2 weeks....
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them?   Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 10:55 pm

daveaha wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
mervyntan wrote:
tronos wrote:

I washed my skins everytime after I used it. Handwash to prolong the lifespan of the product as suggested by BFG.

Anyway, Jeans - I'd rather buy a new one than not washing it more than 1 or 2 weeks....

I also dry them under the shade and not under direct sunlight.
Back to top Go down
solarpop
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
solarpop

PostSubject: Re: Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them?   Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 11:08 pm

Lol.. i would be quite horrified if anyone said that they didn't wash their skins after every round..

Rocky: for 5 secs (which is the time that the page took to load after i initially read the topic), i was thinking to myself that the next time i saw you, better keep my distance hahahaha
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them?   Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 11:12 pm

Ya, when it was loading, I am so curious to know who don't wash after each round.. keke.
Though sometimes it feels dry after a game but I think it still contain my sweat.. Very Happy

I do not want to distract my partner during the next game..
Rock, you clarified that you washed after your 1st round, I guess you have sort of decided not to wash the next time round, thus creating this thread. keke. Razz
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them?   Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 11:16 pm

Roystonnn wrote:
Ya, when it was loading, I am so curious to know who don't wash after each round.. keke.
Though sometimes it feels dry after a game but I think it still contain my sweat.. Very Happy

I do not want to distract my partner during the next game..
Rock, you clarified that you washed after your 1st round, I guess you have sort of decided not to wash the next time round, thus creating this thread. keke. Razz

Or at least have the thought of doing it and seeking similar minds Smile
Back to top Go down
rocky
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
rocky

PostSubject: Re: Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them?   Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 11:29 pm

Ok. Just to clarify. Everything goes into the wash after every round.

Well, this thread started because I had friends whom I used to play soccer with. And as far as I know, 2 or 3 of them don't wash their socks. One of them even pulled out a mouldy one before a tournament game and put it on! So I was just wondering if you guys did the same... Well, I guess not.

Nevertheless this thread was a good laugh.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them?   Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 11:50 pm

rocky wrote:

Well, this thread started because I had friends whom I used to play soccer with. And as far as I know, 2 or 3 of them don't wash their socks. One of them even pulled out a mouldy one before a tournament game and put it on! So I was just wondering if you guys did the same... Well, I guess not.

Very Happy

Rocz

you have just confirmed to me that most soccer players are dirty b@$tards. ROFL

Makes me wonder what goes thru their mind when they hug and kiss and gather after every goal... Stretcher
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them?   Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 11:57 pm

S70B wrote:
rocky wrote:

Very Happy

Rocz

Makes me wonder what goes thru their mind when they hug and kiss and gather after every goal... Stretcher

I'm soccer/football player ! I washed everything cleanly after every game Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Err.. actually after every game it's quite disgusting to hug and kiss... we don't do that quite often... just handshake ! and especially shirt exchange.. big no no Wink
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

PostSubject: Re: Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them?   Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 12:20 am

omg.. dont wash jeans for months??? then do u take shower everyday???

mrbrown wondergal video tells u that its time to be hygiene and stay clean.. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them?   Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 12:33 am

S70B wrote:
rocky wrote:

Very Happy

Rocz

they exchange shirts with the other team at the end and they put them on too!

aiya but we have army training mah.. everything just a bit of sun and wind and it'll do. Shocked
Back to top Go down
who8168
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
who8168

PostSubject: Re: Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them?   Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 11:04 am

Since we are on Skins, curious to find out how many of you Skins owners really follow washing instructions & LAY it out to dry instead of hanging out to dry?

If need to lay it out, first we need a bigger, flat, clean surface area; & since it is lay flat, wouldn't it take longer to dry? I am seriously second guessing that instruction. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them?   Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 11:11 am

who8168 wrote:
Since we are on Skins, curious to find out how many of you Skins owners really follow washing instructions & LAY it out to dry instead of hanging out to dry?

If need to lay it out, first we need a bigger, flat, clean surface area; & since it is lay flat, wouldn't it take longer to dry? I am seriously second guessing that instruction. Rolling Eyes

I actually lay mine out (sorta) on a clothes rack so while it's not flat on the floor, it's not hanging either. I think this is better as it allows the Skins to drip-dry and the ventilation below helps too.
Back to top Go down
BT
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
BT

PostSubject: Re: Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them?   Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 1:55 pm

who8168 wrote:

My interpretation was that you LAY it on something, a pole or a flat surface, rather than HANG it on a hanger.
Back to top Go down
kian
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
kian

PostSubject: Re: Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them?   Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 2:20 pm

i jux rinse mine in cold water and hang it dry lol......
i will also spray it almost everytime i wear it....cuz the ice feeling worn out after 2 games for me maybe cuz i sweat too much wahhaa....but the thg realli absorbs sweat well.......
Back to top Go down
who8168
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
who8168

PostSubject: Re: Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them?   Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 4:25 pm

I also wish to spray generously after every couple of wash, but worried the spray will run out fast & cannot buy replacement spray. As far as I know, no one is selling the spray in SG yet.
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them?   Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 4:53 pm

I wring my SKINS dry and hang on hanger; no need to baby them. Then got excuse to buy new ones. hahahaa

So far so good; only "blemish" is the skins logo/decal peels off and I have a part on my left elbow side that shows some kind of abrasion/scuffing. The abrasion/scuffing part I'm not sure comes from where; could be resting/rubbing the elbow on the golf cart rest or from an elbow brace which I used to wear last time.
Back to top Go down
Elbry
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Elbry

PostSubject: Re: Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them?   Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 5:59 pm

I wash mine everytime after I use them. Handwash, wring then dry them horizontally across 2 poles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them?   Skins Ice wearers: How often do you wash them? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next