Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf Gloves can it be wash ?

Go down 
+6
claw7508
Derek
Chunky Munky
Turbo
Gofnut
Maniron
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Maniron
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf Gloves can it be wash ?  Empty
PostSubject: Golf Gloves can it be wash ?    Golf Gloves can it be wash ?  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 9:41 pm

Dear Golfer's Bro & Sis, May I seek for your advise is that, how regular do you wash your golf gloves after game ? or can it be wash and how many times before it become unusable ?
Back to top Go down
Maniron
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Gloves can it be wash ?    Golf Gloves can it be wash ?  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 9:44 pm

Anyone uses a normal cheap gloves for practice on driving range and than expensive good gloves for game?
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Gloves can it be wash ?    Golf Gloves can it be wash ?  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 9:46 am

I use FIT39 gloves and I wash them after every round. No issues thus far and the gloves are very durable. If you are using leather gloves or of similar material, I would advise that you do not dry under strong sunlight as this causes the glove to become "hardened" and brittle. Just air dry instead. Using old/cheaper gloves for range is personal preference. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Golf Gloves can it be wash ?    Golf Gloves can it be wash ?  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 1:23 pm

Do not wash Cabretta leather glove ... U can only wipe it with moist cloth and air it in room temp. For non-leather glove, you can wash it ...
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Golf Gloves can it be wash ?    Golf Gloves can it be wash ?  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 1:25 pm

Maniron wrote:
Anyone uses a normal cheap gloves for practice on driving range and than expensive good gloves for game?
I use FJ Tropical glove for range and I usually use FJ Spectrum Cabretta leather glove for playing on course ...

Last edited by Turbo on Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chunky Munky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Chunky Munky

PostSubject: Re: Golf Gloves can it be wash ?    Golf Gloves can it be wash ?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 9:11 am

I use Nike Tour Classic gloves for range work and rounds and I just give them a spray with febreeze and let them air dry.

Due to the heat and humidity I tend to go through gloves a lot faster than when I was in Europe!
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Golf Gloves can it be wash ?    Golf Gloves can it be wash ?  I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 5:39 pm

Sharing Personal Experience

If you want to wash and reuse golf gloves, select those are sold as rain gloves (or FIT39). Washing leather or leather type gloves is counter productive.

Also, in our tropical weather, soft cabretta leather gloves don't really seem to last, unless you do not sweat ... and upon drying get very slick, especially at the meaty part at the base of your palm.

Started with soft leather gloves, but had to change very often. One day, played in the rain and had to pull out my rain gloves, realised grip was a lot better, never looked back.

Nowadays, I buy a whole bunch at a time and when I get back, just wash/rinse under hot water (no soap) and let them drip dry, normally have 3 or 4 in the golf bag, and during range sessions, will swap them about once one gets damp or wet from sweat.

Initially, I would still use nice leather ones when I play overseas in cold weather. Nowadays, can't really be bothered, the rain gloves (FJ and PG) work just fine in dry weather as well.
Back to top Go down
claw7508
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Gloves can it be wash ?    Golf Gloves can it be wash ?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 9:35 pm

I agree, FIT39 is the way to go. Washable and durable.
Back to top Go down
Kaii
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Gloves can it be wash ?    Golf Gloves can it be wash ?  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 8:27 pm

i39 is too stretchy for me, glove should be tight n always buy 1 size smaller
Back to top Go down
Beneoo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Beneoo

PostSubject: Re: Golf Gloves can it be wash ?    Golf Gloves can it be wash ?  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 9:49 pm

To me glove is the feel.. I will get that fee glove.. Tried wash or cleaned with light detergent but never turned out to be what you want.. 

So get a new one if you have the chance and I love size just fit glove
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: Golf Gloves can it be wash ?    Golf Gloves can it be wash ?  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 7:54 am

I don't wash my gloves...... hahahhaa! 

I used to but when it dries out, it becomes crusty and will just tear after 3 games. That was when I used 1 glove for the whole game. 

Now that I rotate 3 gloves in a game, they tend to last close to a year. And mind you, I play around 4 games a week.  When the glove becomes moist, I will change to a dry one and give it a chance to bake in the sun. This way, the gloves still retain that original softness and totally does not smell at all. (Or maybe it's just me getting used to the stench, may have to ask my friends if they smell anything bad in my car).

When the game is over, I will just hang them in my boot to let them air out.

The key is to rotate a few gloves in one game.
Back to top Go down
skyloot
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Gloves can it be wash ?    Golf Gloves can it be wash ?  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 11:30 am

As a total beginner, I've also had the same question whether to wash my glove or not.
For me, I did not wash it but just air it everytime after my lessons / practice sessions.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Golf Gloves can it be wash ?    Golf Gloves can it be wash ?  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 4:24 pm

Came across an instruction online on how to wash leather glove ... Courtesy of Golfsmith.

Step 1

Brush away any visible dirt or debris from the Perma Soft golf glove. This can be done either with your hands or a soft brush.

Step 2

Fold the soft cloth in half.

Step 3

Turn your faucet on slightly so that it is barely dripping water.

Step 4

Place one side of the folded cloth under the dripping water. Be sure to get the entire side of the cloth wet but do not oversaturate it.

Step 5

Add about five drops of soap to the top of the wet portion of the folded cloth.

Step 6

Use the soap-covered portion of the cloth to wipe off your Perma Soft golf glove. You can choose to wipe only the dirty portions of the glove or you can wipe the entire outside of the glove.

Step 7

Turn the Perma Soft golf glove inside out if possible. Add an extra drop or two of soap to the already soapy portion of the cloth. Wipe the inside of the glove. If you cannot turn the glove inside out, simply wipe the inside of the glove with the cloth.

Step 8

Turn the cloth around to the side that is wet but not soapy and wipe both the outside and inside of the glove. Doing this can help remove any leftover dirt and soap from the glove.

Step 9

Turn the cloth to the dry side. Wipe the glove one final time in order to remove moisture.

Step 10

Hang your Perma Soft golf glove so that it can air dry. If you want to speed up the drying process, you can place the glove in front of a fan. Do not place it in front of a heater, though, as this could ruin the glove.

Warnings

• Never place Perma Soft golf gloves in a washing machine or dryer. You should also avoid placing the gloves under water, such as in a sink. Doing any of these things will ruin your Perma Soft golf gloves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golf Gloves can it be wash ?    Golf Gloves can it be wash ?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf Gloves can it be wash ?
Page 1 of 1