Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question on In-car Entertainment

Go down 
+16
Eltonjuan
daveaha
siaw8
shotah
eiji
Swerve
mUAr_cHEe
S70B
TheFocalPoint
JL_chong
Technospaz
mojojojo
jaketang
sunny
Ken_
Khorkar
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mojojojo
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper
mojojojo

Question on In-car Entertainment - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question on In-car Entertainment   Question on In-car Entertainment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 11:46 am

S70B wrote:
mojojojo wrote:
S70B wrote:
I'm so glad Shotah and me are back into golf now. Much cheaper....

You are right. It is cheaper to play golf. I shd realise it earlier but damage done. Mad

Its ok mojojojo. Playing and modding cars is like a 'do it once in your life' kind of thing. Question on In-car Entertainment - Page 2 Icon_lol

I might be mistaken or forgotten wrongly but I believe Bro Shotah has actually won or done quite well in an IASCA comp before I think he realises that it is also a thing of the past to try and constantly keep up w the big boys.

I have also foolishly dabbled in having a full Pioneer and DLS setup at one of those controversial 'cut-throat' shops and although it runs into 5 figures, it is nowhere near where the other serious playing customers of his in terms of all the wizardry and money involved.

An ICE setup will also rob you of precious space for the golf bag so think twice before going all the way.

Pioneer & DLS. Thumps up. If I guess it correctly, the shop is N*w Ge*. I participated in the 2007 IASCA also. 600W and above.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Question on In-car Entertainment   Question on In-car Entertainment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 1:33 pm

My opinion on ICE, get what suits ur budget and your ears. What someone recommends as good, may not sound good to you at all. And after the first 30mins, no matter how good the speaker, most of the initial wow factor all drowns out but the hole in the pocket is permanent.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: Question on In-car Entertainment   Question on In-car Entertainment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 1:49 pm

For me, its with the ears, no point having a very good setup when your ears cannot appreciate it. ANd you got to be clear with what you want. Surround or Active setup.

I took part in AMMA which the tracks they use for competition is a bit different from IASCA. I am also a certified Judge for IASCA but never put them to use before. My setup at that time was not as ex as most of the competitors but putting the right stuff together was what allowed me to come in a 2nd during that competition. And i only lost by about 7 points to the first position whom is also a friend of mine. Always remember, one key factor of ICE also have to do with your car enclosed dynamics which most of the time, people tend to put it at last priority.
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Question on In-car Entertainment   Question on In-car Entertainment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 2:30 pm

TheFocalPoint wrote:
Sunny,

can la, but must remove the spare tyre.. then put everything 'underground' in the boot.. The golf bags can go 'aboveground'... Smile

My small Honda Fit can put 4 golf bags, 4 sunday bags, water cooler box and sit 4 people, even with my ICE setup.. a bit squeezy behind though.. Smile

you are mistaken! My car no spare tire to begin with. It is a small car with small boot
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: Question on In-car Entertainment   Question on In-car Entertainment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 2:35 pm

sunny wrote:
TheFocalPoint wrote:
Sunny,

can la, but must remove the spare tyre.. then put everything 'underground' in the boot.. The golf bags can go 'aboveground'... Smile

My small Honda Fit can put 4 golf bags, 4 sunday bags, water cooler box and sit 4 people, even with my ICE setup.. a bit squeezy behind though.. Smile

you are mistaken! My car no spare tire to begin with. It is a small car with small boot

What car u drive, Sunny?
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Question on In-car Entertainment   Question on In-car Entertainment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 3:02 pm

my car's enclosed dynamics is mainly all engine sound Laughing

so the focal's are a bit of a waste at this moment
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
siaw8
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
siaw8

PostSubject: Re: Question on In-car Entertainment   Question on In-car Entertainment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 3:08 pm

TheFocalPoint wrote:
sunny wrote:
TheFocalPoint wrote:
Sunny,

What car u drive, Sunny?

Clue - small but expensive car..
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: Question on In-car Entertainment   Question on In-car Entertainment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 3:32 pm

Lotus Elan? Pagani Zonda? GTR35? BMW635Ci?
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Question on In-car Entertainment   Question on In-car Entertainment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 3:37 pm

no lah...dun anyhow listen to siaw8..he driving big and expensive car
Back to top Go down
JL_chong
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper
JL_chong

PostSubject: Re: Question on In-car Entertainment   Question on In-car Entertainment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 3:56 pm

sunny wrote:
no lah...dun anyhow listen to siaw8..he driving big and expensive car
Think your car was first driven by Wolverine in the X-Men Movie leh.... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Question on In-car Entertainment   Question on In-car Entertainment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 3:58 pm

yah...that was the show that conned me into getting it
Back to top Go down
JL_chong
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper
JL_chong

PostSubject: Re: Question on In-car Entertainment   Question on In-car Entertainment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 4:03 pm

sunny wrote:
wah, then must beware of your crawls liao man... Shocked
Back to top Go down
JL_chong
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper
JL_chong

PostSubject: Re: Question on In-car Entertainment   Question on In-car Entertainment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 4:05 pm

eiji wrote:
my car's enclosed dynamics is mainly all engine sound Laughing

so the focal's are a bit of a waste at this moment
tune up the volume lor...keke Laughing
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: Question on In-car Entertainment   Question on In-car Entertainment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 4:12 pm

JL_chong wrote:
sunny wrote:

i think you meant 'claws' ?
Back to top Go down
JL_chong
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper
JL_chong

PostSubject: Re: Question on In-car Entertainment   Question on In-car Entertainment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 4:23 pm

TheFocalPoint wrote:
JL_chong wrote:
sunny wrote:

haha, bad england... u know i know can liao...keke
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: Question on In-car Entertainment   Question on In-car Entertainment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 4:25 pm

JL_chong wrote:
TheFocalPoint wrote:
JL_chong wrote:
sunny wrote:

ahahahhaa i think Sunny's 'claws' are his TitZunos... Titleist + Mizunos.. Smile cheers
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Question on In-car Entertainment   Question on In-car Entertainment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 4:36 pm

i am trying to keep some claws...had been sharpening them but they keep breaking my gloves so i decided to dump the idea.
Back to top Go down
mojojojo
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper
mojojojo

PostSubject: Re: Question on In-car Entertainment   Question on In-car Entertainment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 5:06 pm

TheFocalPoint wrote:
JL_chong wrote:
TheFocalPoint wrote:
JL_chong wrote:
sunny wrote:

ahahahhaa i think Sunny's 'claws' are his TitZunos... Titleist + Mizunos.. Smile cheers

wow tits_zuno...sound fishy here
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Question on In-car Entertainment   Question on In-car Entertainment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 5:11 pm

Miz-leist is more decent ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
Eltonjuan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Question on In-car Entertainment   Question on In-car Entertainment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 5:40 pm

mojojojo wrote:
S70B wrote:
mojojojo wrote:
S70B wrote:
I'm so glad Shotah and me are back into golf now. Much cheaper....

You are right. It is cheaper to play golf. I shd realise it earlier but damage done. Mad

Its ok mojojojo. Playing and modding cars is like a 'do it once in your life' kind of thing. Question on In-car Entertainment - Page 2 Icon_lol

I might be mistaken or forgotten wrongly but I believe Bro Shotah has actually won or done quite well in an IASCA comp before I think he realises that it is also a thing of the past to try and constantly keep up w the big boys.

I have also foolishly dabbled in having a full Pioneer and DLS setup at one of those controversial 'cut-throat' shops and although it runs into 5 figures, it is nowhere near where the other serious playing customers of his in terms of all the wizardry and money involved.

An ICE setup will also rob you of precious space for the golf bag so think twice before going all the way.

Pioneer & DLS. Thumps up. If I guess it correctly, the shop is N*w Ge*. I participated in the 2007 IASCA also. 600W and above.

The Champ has spoken. Very Happy
Pioneer & DLS..high chance will be cartoon. 8)
Back to top Go down
kinkipet
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Question on In-car Entertainment   Question on In-car Entertainment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 10:35 pm

Mine old system..
DEXP9R/DEQP9X
Morel Supremo tweets
SEAS Excel 4"
Dynaudio DWS8
Image Dynamic IDMAX 12V2D2
2 nos. Audison VRX 4.300
1 no. Audison VRX 1.500
Heavy loads of sound proofing and deadening.
Installation - semi DIY.

Sacrificed space for my spare tyre for 2 nos. amps.
1 amp behind my rear seat.
Despite the size of my car (mine 2003 Camry), can only fit 2 golf bags after fitted the 12" sub Crying or Very sad

I have a friend who have an elaborative install on your (bro khorkar) ride, same same..space compromised a lot for the amps and sub.

For a decent ugrade, get an efficient speakers. It's the speakers that sing, not the amps. U will notice immediate difference. If u r not audiophile, a HU with built-in amp and tweaking functions will suffice, too.
If budget permits, get an amp. it gives u the loudness, dynamic and purity of the sound. It can cost hundreds to thousands for an amp tho (hmm..any of my amp can buy more than 2 Ping G15 drivers), depends on what u are looking at. Note that once you start to install amp(s), many accessories follows..cable lah, RCA lah, fuse lah..etc etc..then u start to be posioned...into the journey of never ending upgrading and spending...it's the similar journey into Golf..haha.. Sometimes..ignorant is a bliss..hehe

Oh btw, if u r really into pure ICE, sound proofing and deadening very very important.

if budget conscious, then DIY. It's not that tough. And you get the equipment at much lower cost than what installer quotes you. The main difference is the workmanship (DIYer r not Pro mah) but u will get e job done.

I spend in IC bcos I will be in my ride around 2-3 hrs in a day...
Back to top Go down
uncleP
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Question on In-car Entertainment   Question on In-car Entertainment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 10:40 pm

U want it cheap,
u want it good,
want to have big brand on it?
must plan!
come to OCC big fish ,
uncle P will change your mind.
Back to top Go down
kinkipet
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Question on In-car Entertainment   Question on In-car Entertainment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 10:45 pm

Swerve wrote:

For a budget set of component speakers - you cannot go wrong with CDT. Its an American brand that, for teh price, punches FAR above its weight.

Agree. CDT efficient speakers, excellent midbass. Somehow midrange and high not into the league such as Focal, Dynaudio, Morel, etc.
My previous set-up with twin CDT HD on each door powered by my VRX 4.300...many were blown away with the midbass and dynamic...those were e days....
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Question on In-car Entertainment   Question on In-car Entertainment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 7:58 pm

A Big thanks on everyone contributing to this, appreciate it.

Will take into consideration yr suggestion in the meantime working within budget. Budget, my budget is not big. Couldnt afford to spend that much now.

I am equally surprise with the knowledge and depth our fellow golfer has with ICE. Kinkipet, JL Chong, Swerve, Sunny.. Kewl! Btw, anyone got 2nd hand speakers or headunit for sale Razz....

Thanks again for yr inputs...
Back to top Go down
ethee
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ethee

PostSubject: Re: Question on In-car Entertainment   Question on In-car Entertainment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 9:05 pm

uncleP wrote:
U want it cheap,
u want it good,
want to have big brand on it?
must plan!
come to OCC big fish ,
uncle P will change your mind.

Yeah ! Uncle P will blow you out with jus' a simple setup. Wink

Cheers,
ethee
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question on In-car Entertainment   Question on In-car Entertainment - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question on In-car Entertainment
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next