Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What tee heights do you buy

Go down 
+6
nrafee
Slicer51
Genesis
weesern
sfhuang
aural
10 posters
AuthorMessage
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aural

What tee heights do you buy Empty
PostSubject: What tee heights do you buy   What tee heights do you buy I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 8:00 pm

Just went shopping and realized there are sufferer tee heights.
Do you keep different tee heights or your driver and woods? Or you just tee deeper?
Back to top Go down
sfhuang
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What tee heights do you buy   What tee heights do you buy I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 8:07 pm

I just tee deeper if the ball placement is too high.
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: What tee heights do you buy   What tee heights do you buy I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 8:46 pm

I keep 2 heights, longer ones for driver, the short ones for the rest of the clubs
Back to top Go down
Genesis
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What tee heights do you buy   What tee heights do you buy I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 9:32 pm

Usually, I use 2 types , short tee for irons , long tee for Driver. However, I bring along a longer tee in my bag in-case the tee box (soil) is too "soft" ..
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: What tee heights do you buy   What tee heights do you buy I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 9:36 pm

I use 2 height too. Longer for driver and shorter for wood or irons. Does anybody use more than two or are there different height of tee ?
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: What tee heights do you buy   What tee heights do you buy I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 9:40 pm

i used to have only have 1 long tee (3 inches).. for irons, I push all the way in.. haha..

Mloy and Titu was telling me that i have not kanna hard tee box before.. so now got one magnetic tee, which has a short tee which acts as an anchor for the long tee, as well as a tee for irons..
Back to top Go down
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aural

PostSubject: Re: What tee heights do you buy   What tee heights do you buy I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 11:29 pm

I saw 3 to 4 different heights of tees. Saw that tee which is shorter but can fit another longer tee too.
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: What tee heights do you buy   What tee heights do you buy I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 11:30 pm

One for driver and one for woods/iron tee off. Shd be enough.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aural

PostSubject: Re: What tee heights do you buy   What tee heights do you buy I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 12:42 am

daveaha wrote:

I bought the 70mm for driver but not sure high enough. We see how when it comes. Lol. Bought some 1 3/4 inch ones for fw and other clubs. Looks like I'm ready for next sat.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: What tee heights do you buy   What tee heights do you buy I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 12:44 am

i dont even think u should be tee-ing off with your driver during your PC.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aural

PostSubject: Re: What tee heights do you buy   What tee heights do you buy I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 12:46 am

eiji wrote:

Dunno. Coach say bring I bring. Maybe that's why he say bring more balls. Lol.
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: What tee heights do you buy   What tee heights do you buy I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 12:51 am

eiji wrote:

Hmm... some are getting PC for the sake of playing. They can be much proficient then some weekend golfers !
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: What tee heights do you buy   What tee heights do you buy I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 12:51 am

aural wrote:
daveaha wrote:

I bought the 70mm for driver but not sure high enough. We see how when it comes. Lol. Bought some 1 3/4 inch ones for fw and other clubs. Looks like I'm ready for next sat.

If you can tee it up such that you see at least half the ball is above the top of your driver, then the tee is long enough already.

Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: What tee heights do you buy   What tee heights do you buy I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 12:53 am

imo, that just sounds stupid, just tee off with your most confident club that goes a moderate distance, easier to be on fairway then to hit from the rough.

u dun need a driver to play well, in fact most beginners will probably enjoy the game better if they keep their driver(unless they can hit it long and straight), else u spend a lot of time looking for your tee-off balls.

imo, dun worry about getting equipped so much for your PC. just go out there and enjoy yourself, you and your wife like getting ready for some major exam at Mandarin TM. please this is golf, meant to be enjoyed, the pros won't be competing so hard if they didn't enjoy the game, there wouldn't be so many members here if we didn't enjoy the game. don't stress yourself with buying stuff in prep for the day.

just go with the essentials, your clubs, some tees, some balls, divot tool and golf shoes, don't sweat the small stuff and dont go crazy buying all this stuff.

Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: What tee heights do you buy   What tee heights do you buy I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 12:56 am

daveaha wrote:
eiji wrote:

Hmm... some are getting PC for the sake of playing. They can be much proficient then some weekend golfers !

dave, i know aural is very new to the game, think like 2 months, unless he can hit his driver reasonably well, i really don't think tee-ing off with the driver during a PC is a good idea, after a bad tee-shot your next shot you might be more nervous after finding the ball in the rough or somewhere in the trees or in a hazard; because its your first time on the course.

there's no right or wrong, but i do advise against spending too much too early over this PC test. u will get a feel of what you really need as you play more, but for now, just go with the essentials and leave the other recommended stuff out.
Back to top Go down
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aural

PostSubject: Re: What tee heights do you buy   What tee heights do you buy I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 1:03 am

Lol. No worries about the buying part. In this game for the long run. Since today free so went buying all the stuff needed to play a proper game. Actually having the equipment stand by is good also since I'm there to take a pc with my coach guiding might as well ask as much stuff as I can on that day. Hopefully can test out as much things as I can also that day. To be frank the buying process was quite fun too. Looking at all the interesting tees and learn what they offer. Omg I sound like a girl shopping for clothes =x
Back to top Go down
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aural

PostSubject: Re: What tee heights do you buy   What tee heights do you buy I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 1:11 am

eiji wrote:
daveaha wrote:
eiji wrote:

dave, i know aural is very new to the game, think like 2 months, unless he can hit his driver reasonably well, i really don't think tee-ing off with the driver during a PC is a good idea, after a bad tee-shot your next shot you might be more nervous after finding the ball in the rough or somewhere in the trees or in a hazard; because its your first time on the course.

there's no right or wrong, but i do advise against spending too much too early over this PC test. u will get a feel of what you really need as you play more, but for now, just go with the essentials and leave the other recommended stuff out.

Yupz only 2months into the game. Thanks guys for the heads up. Fr the smaller stuff I just buy since not too exp anyway. My mentality alittle off sometimes. What won't cost a leg or hand and I will need in time I usually buy first. So no harm buy the better or more suitable ones.
To tee off from driver or not I guess I leave it to my coach to decide for me. So get the stuff stand by.

Afterall my friend poisoned me already and spent so much on the clubs already the rest does not seemed that ex. Afterall get the arrows already then the Indian have nothing to blame. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Batman

PostSubject: Re: What tee heights do you buy   What tee heights do you buy I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 1:05 pm

For me, I'm just learning and absorbing by being in this forum... very good site...

Learnt something about tee heights Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aural

PostSubject: Re: What tee heights do you buy   What tee heights do you buy I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 5:46 pm

Batman wrote:
For me, I'm just learning and absorbing by being in this forum... very good site...

Learnt something about tee heights Very Happy

Yeah. Here is great to find out things before we do anything. Else as newbies may end up buying wrong or unsuitable stuff and wasting precious moola which can be used to pay for the green fees. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What tee heights do you buy   What tee heights do you buy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What tee heights do you buy
Page 1 of 1