Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question on rubber tee heights

Go down 
+8
pinhigh
sunny
publica
mUAr_cHEe
jaketang
Technospaz
Khorkar
YCF555
12 posters
AuthorMessage
YCF555
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Question on rubber tee heights Empty
PostSubject: Question on rubber tee heights   Question on rubber tee heights I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 10:29 pm

Hi there, lost my rubber tee so I got a replacement, however I find it too high. Although distance seems to be similar, my drives off this tee go really high and i'm not comfortable with that...

I have another tee that is for shorter woods (i think) that I tried using and ball flight goes too low...image of both tees attached

Do they make driver tees longer so that we can cut them down to ideal height?
I remember cutting these rubber tees but its not easy to get straight, perpendicular edges.

any tips?

thanks,

[img]http://meyuyg.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pJX-xWi1ChTWTTF6X3VV_zNdKukosWz6nWffYh4GgsYb00aTenP8wpQJ75UCjCd_sXMF7gGvABfN68KrYX_uxYg/rubber%20tee%20copy.jpg
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Question on rubber tee heights   Question on rubber tee heights I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 10:34 pm

Question on rubber tee heights Rubber%20tee%20copy
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Question on rubber tee heights   Question on rubber tee heights I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 10:42 pm

Why don't you just buy a new rubber tee? They make them in various heights so you are likely to be able to find the one which you lost.

I wouldn't cut a rubber tee since the tees are designed such that the ball sits nicely. If you cut the tee, the ball may not sit as well and may end up falling over.
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Question on rubber tee heights   Question on rubber tee heights I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 10:46 pm

buy those adjustable tee, with 3 options type... only 10 bucks...

almost any golf shop can buy....can use from irons to drivers
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Question on rubber tee heights   Question on rubber tee heights I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 10:51 pm

yup yup. adjustable is the best.
Back to top Go down
publica
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
publica

PostSubject: Re: Question on rubber tee heights   Question on rubber tee heights I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 10:54 pm

Those adjustable ones are good for height adjustment but after a while the base gets loose and and then the 'sticks' tend to slight back down....cannot hold in place.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Question on rubber tee heights   Question on rubber tee heights I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 10:55 pm

publica wrote:
Those adjustable ones are good for height adjustment but after a while the base gets loose and and then the 'sticks' tend to slight back down....cannot hold in place.

Then it is time to get new ones. Nothing good will last forever.
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Question on rubber tee heights   Question on rubber tee heights I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 10:56 pm

publica wrote:

normally they have a small rubber ring to be fix at the base....

so far, except for one tht i lost (forgot to remove), i am still using it...
Back to top Go down
YCF555
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Question on rubber tee heights   Question on rubber tee heights I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 10:58 pm

I did keep a look out for a shorter one but i've only come across the "tall" ones. Technospaz you're right, the ball does not sit well and falls all the time with another one that i cut. Just that a friend told me they make these tees longer so you can cut to suit and that got me a bit puzzled cos the cut edges are always not stright and ball falls off. Will check out the adjustable tee.
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Question on rubber tee heights   Question on rubber tee heights I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 11:02 pm

the adjustable tees are good. When it cannot stand properly anymore, a small rubber band does the trick
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
pinhigh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
pinhigh

PostSubject: Re: Question on rubber tee heights   Question on rubber tee heights I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 11:33 pm

my adjustable tee is still serving me well after 4/5 years ! Everything still intact n works well.
But I must say i love those tall rubber tees....as even in my actual games, i tend to tee off with the ball teed up pretty high !
Back to top Go down
destinee
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Question on rubber tee heights   Question on rubber tee heights I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 11:44 pm

hi YCF555, in case u're lookin for a shorter rubber tee, can try transview... i bought one there recently...
Back to top Go down
YCF555
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Question on rubber tee heights   Question on rubber tee heights I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 11:45 pm

"Tee it high, see it fly" Smile
With the tall rubber tees, I got to address the ball 5-10cm behind to catch it nicely on the upswing.

Last edited by YCF555 on Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Question on rubber tee heights   Question on rubber tee heights I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 12:15 am

the only time to use a rubber tee i feel is when u want to practice the iron shots or hybrid (simulating the par 3) but of course those very short type...

reason is tht i ever "extend" the length of my short adjustable tee b4... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Mizuno
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Mizuno

PostSubject: Re: Question on rubber tee heights   Question on rubber tee heights I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 12:26 am

Adjustable tee is good, it will account for the different thickness of the mat at different ranges as well.
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: Question on rubber tee heights   Question on rubber tee heights I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 12:50 am

if i'm not wrong the guide is to tee the ball up high enough that half of the ball sticks out from the crown of your FW/Driver. i use the supposed FW rubber tee for my driver.

any idea if those plastic adjustable tees scratch the driver? it looks super rigid and harsh..
Back to top Go down
publica
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
publica

PostSubject: Re: Question on rubber tee heights   Question on rubber tee heights I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 9:20 am

pinhigh wrote:
my adjustable tee is still serving me well after 4/5 years ! Everything still intact n works well.
But I must say i love those tall rubber tees....as even in my actual games, i tend to tee off with the ball teed up pretty high !

What brand are you using ? Mine keeping spoiling after a few months.....maybe I keep hitting the tee and not the ball Smile
Back to top Go down
pinhigh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
pinhigh

PostSubject: Re: Question on rubber tee heights   Question on rubber tee heights I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 4:19 pm

publica wrote:

What brand are you using ? Mine keeping spoiling after a few months.....maybe I keep hitting the tee and not the ball Smile

ops bro, very pai seh....dunno really notice the brand till this thread. Adjusto Tee, believe was the VERY 1ST model that came out. The colour of the tees are cream with the base n rubber crown black.
For the record the tees will not leave marks on the drivers' face or bottom.

Attached 2 pictures n hope they help ???? Taken by my HP, pai seh about the quality tho'

Cheers !

Question on rubber tee heights AdjustoTee1
Question on rubber tee heights AdjustoTee2
Back to top Go down
solarpop
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
solarpop

PostSubject: Re: Question on rubber tee heights   Question on rubber tee heights I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 5:23 pm

Lol you use for so many years still keep the instruction sheet..

Btw for this tee, don't you have to re-adjust it every time you hit? Makes it very troublesome, and that's the reason i stick to rubber tees - it stays at the same height all the time.
Back to top Go down
pinhigh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
pinhigh

PostSubject: Re: Question on rubber tee heights   Question on rubber tee heights I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 6:20 pm

solarpop wrote:
Lol you use for so many years still keep the instruction sheet..

Btw for this tee, don't you have to re-adjust it every time you hit? Makes it very troublesome, and that's the reason i stick to rubber tees - it stays at the same height all the time.

LOL...ya lor......me the simple type la.....din even know that the sheet was in the plastic cover....ha ha

I use my left foot and the tip of the driver to put the tee back into position. Then I also use my left foot tghr with the driver to lift the ball n place it on the tee. works for about 80% only......sometimes the ball just won't stay ! ha ha ha ha.......

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question on rubber tee heights   Question on rubber tee heights I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question on rubber tee heights
Page 1 of 1