Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is the purpose of 'spinning' when changing shafts?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ahdan78
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ahdan78

What is the purpose of 'spinning' when changing shafts? Empty
PostSubject: What is the purpose of 'spinning' when changing shafts?   What is the purpose of 'spinning' when changing shafts? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 1:02 pm

Any kind souls can advise cause when changing shaft, someone told me to let the fitter spin it..... What is the purpose of 'spinning' when changing shafts? Icon_question
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: What is the purpose of 'spinning' when changing shafts?   What is the purpose of 'spinning' when changing shafts? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 1:05 pm

"spine" not spin.

You can read this. http://thesandtrap.com/bag_drop/shaft_spining_splining_and_pureing_black_art_or_the_ultimate_tweak
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: What is the purpose of 'spinning' when changing shafts?   What is the purpose of 'spinning' when changing shafts? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 1:10 pm

basically with Spine-ing, you want to locate the natural bend point (NBP) of the shafts. as steel shafts are rolled from a steel strip then welded to form its shape, there is a different roundness profile inside of the shaft.

Spine-ing a shaft helps you locate that point and depending on what feel and control you want to achieve, you can face the NBP at various position to achieve a neutral, draw or fade position.

also as shafts are not uniformed in diameter like a steel pipe, there can be more than one NBP.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
ahdan78
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ahdan78

PostSubject: Re: What is the purpose of 'spinning' when changing shafts?   What is the purpose of 'spinning' when changing shafts? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 1:14 pm

Ic, thanks for your help bro eiji.
Back to top Go down
ahdan78
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ahdan78

PostSubject: Re: What is the purpose of 'spinning' when changing shafts?   What is the purpose of 'spinning' when changing shafts? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 1:18 pm

hi DGman, if say mine is a R9 460 driver with FCT, if been reshaft and spine-ing done, can i still adjust my FCT in the future with the same consistency? Thks.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: What is the purpose of 'spinning' when changing shafts?   What is the purpose of 'spinning' when changing shafts? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 1:28 pm

Hi ahdan78,

if its an OEM stock shaft, my advice is not to spine that unless you are set on the face and wants a bit more or less tip action.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
ahdan78
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ahdan78

PostSubject: Re: What is the purpose of 'spinning' when changing shafts?   What is the purpose of 'spinning' when changing shafts? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 1:31 pm

sorry, i changed from OEM shaft to a aftermarket shaft. Just wanna find out if spine being done can i still adjust my FCT in the future with the same consistency? Thks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the purpose of 'spinning' when changing shafts?   What is the purpose of 'spinning' when changing shafts? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is the purpose of 'spinning' when changing shafts?
Page 1 of 1