Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you do when your game collapse half way ?

Go down 
+4
jurongtiger
ghoonk
mUAr_cHEe
Duval_S
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

What do you do when your game collapse half way ? Empty
PostSubject: What do you do when your game collapse half way ?   What do you do when your game collapse half way ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 8:32 pm

Ahhh...for this, I can really help coz I am a kua-lai len....(experience hand)...but then again, I don really have a game to begin with...hahaha

But seriously, here are what I had done:

1. If driver cannot hit fairway, I just tee off with my hybrid
2. If irons collapse....I basically do punch shot thru out.....straight but lesser distance for me....can live with that
3. When approaching green, aim for the biggest part of the green or the fringe with most green to work..then chip on and putt ...(2 putts)
4. For putting, then imagine hole is 5ft in diameter

5. LASTLY.......remember to smile and just remember ' most good shots are used up today, nxt game should be better ' cheers
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: What do you do when your game collapse half way ?   What do you do when your game collapse half way ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 9:09 pm

~swing easy~

What do you do when your game collapse half way ? 3139794379_081868bb97
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: What do you do when your game collapse half way ?   What do you do when your game collapse half way ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 9:22 pm

Similar game plan

If my driver fails, I fall back on my 3w, and rely on my irons.
If my irons fail, I will fall back on my training iron, the 7i, and rely on my short game
If my chipping fails, I will fall back on my putting
If my putting fails, I just tell myself to stop trying so hard and just enjoy the game instead.

Usually, the last step works well enough for my game to actually improve, cos all the above problems come from expecting too much of my game, at which point i tend to get too mechanical and fail to strike the ball smoothly, which I can tell from either absence of a divot or striking the ball fat, and these symptoms show up randomly between shots.
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: What do you do when your game collapse half way ?   What do you do when your game collapse half way ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 9:27 pm

Always have the go-to club for confidence for that bad hole.
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: What do you do when your game collapse half way ?   What do you do when your game collapse half way ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 9:29 pm

My go-to club is my 7i, PW and putter. Razz
Back to top Go down
sfhuang
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What do you do when your game collapse half way ?   What do you do when your game collapse half way ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 9:46 pm

Duval_S wrote:
5. LASTLY.......remember to smile and just remember ' most good shots are used up today, nxt game should be better ' cheers

Agree! We play golf to enjoy, no need to be stressed out. cheers
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: What do you do when your game collapse half way ?   What do you do when your game collapse half way ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 10:30 pm

Hum... never had this problem... because my game usually collapse after the 2nd hole...
White Flag
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
JawereZ
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JawereZ

PostSubject: Re: What do you do when your game collapse half way ?   What do you do when your game collapse half way ? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 11:08 pm

alvin7379 wrote:
Hum... never had this problem... because my game usually collapse after the 2nd hole...
White Flag

Yeah...buaya talking !
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: What do you do when your game collapse half way ?   What do you do when your game collapse half way ? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 12:05 am

alvin7379 wrote:
White Flag

yeah RIGHT, you overgrown buaya! Smile
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: What do you do when your game collapse half way ?   What do you do when your game collapse half way ? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 12:47 am

Drink more beer. Beer

Course mgmt will definitely ease the bleeding but seriously, I have a different approach from those who advocate swinging easy.

I might go to the shorter clubs but I will hit the ball harder by trying to make a fuller backswing. Lee Trevino and Greg Norman both mentioned before that the controlled, easy drive is the most difficult shot to achieve, especially when the pressure is on. That means, its very difficult even for pros to try and hit 240yd with their driver when they avg 270-280 with that club. The tendency is for the golfer to try and steer his shots when he wants to play safe and that will most of the time, accentuate the curve of the ball.

There is a golf article in some mag this month (sorry, forgot which one) which asked how many times we have walked off a bad hole then stood on the next tee and flushed one down the middle. You do that cause when you are fuming, you are not over-thinking.

So go ahead, take a shorter club but swing fully. Give that club a rip. It will do your mental some good.
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: What do you do when your game collapse half way ?   What do you do when your game collapse half way ? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 12:49 am

I think SWING SMOOOOOOOOTH. jurongtiger has heard me mumbling that to myself on several occasions I think Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you do when your game collapse half way ?   What do you do when your game collapse half way ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you do when your game collapse half way ?
Page 1 of 1