Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

irritating part of reading magazines

Go down 
+3
Technospaz
nientsu
mervyntan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

irritating part of reading magazines Empty
PostSubject: irritating part of reading magazines   irritating part of reading magazines I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 1:39 pm

what do you guys think the most irritating part of reading magazines?

for me, i feel it is the advertisement part.. every few pages i turn, there will be a HUGE. DISTRACTING. advertisement lurking behind the pages waiting for me. Sometimes, these advertisements are veiled as articles, but still, these advertisements seriously take up huge space in those magazines i buy.

if you don't believe me, buy a copy of her world, and cut out all the advertisements, and note the difference. the advertisements take up at least 70% of the magazine. which leaves me only 30% of the original bulk to read up on gossip, women's sexual health, make-up, fashion, etc.

oops, why am i even reading her world? albino
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: irritating part of reading magazines   irritating part of reading magazines I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 1:47 pm

ads are the ones giving the magazines money.

I read Her World too. Quite interesting actually.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: irritating part of reading magazines   irritating part of reading magazines I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 1:48 pm

mervyntan wrote:
what do you guys think the most irritating part of reading magazines?

for me, i feel it is the advertisement part.. every few pages i turn, there will be a HUGE. DISTRACTING. advertisement lurking behind the pages waiting for me. Sometimes, these advertisements are veiled as articles, but still, these advertisements seriously take up huge space in those magazines i buy.

if you don't believe me, buy a copy of her world, and cut out all the advertisements, and note the difference. the advertisements take up at least 70% of the magazine. which leaves me only 30% of the original bulk to read up on gossip, women's sexual health, make-up, fashion, etc.

oops, why am i even reading her world? albino

Sorry mate. The post plus your avatar make it all very confusing.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: irritating part of reading magazines   irritating part of reading magazines I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 1:50 pm

Ha ha ha, MT. What did you do while you were in UK for spare time????

Sorry, I dont read Her World, I read golf mags, they only have 1 page of advert.... You got to change mags.....
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: irritating part of reading magazines   irritating part of reading magazines I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 4:10 pm

Technospaz wrote:

hmm maybe if u could enlighten me as to what u find confusing, i would be able to clear up the confusion???

it is just a simple post... about advertisements in magazines... and my avatar is just an innocent little shot of shou tao... these are popular snacks at chinese restaurants and they are filled with sweet...... thick....... bean paste
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: irritating part of reading magazines   irritating part of reading magazines I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 4:12 pm

Khorkar wrote:
Ha ha ha, MT. What did you do while you were in UK for spare time????

no lah, i wasn't in UK for spare time, i was in UK for my studies actually.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: irritating part of reading magazines   irritating part of reading magazines I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 4:22 pm

i hate the drop out cards that ask you to subscribe to the magazine...
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: irritating part of reading magazines   irritating part of reading magazines I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 4:28 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
i hate the drop out cards that ask you to subscribe to the magazine...

yeah.. whenever i buy a magazine at the store, what i usually do is just to hold it by the spine and give it a few shakes at the magazine rack itself.. this usually gets rid of the irritating pamphlets and causes much irritation to the staff at the bookstore..
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: irritating part of reading magazines   irritating part of reading magazines I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 4:37 pm

mervyntan wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

hmm maybe if u could enlighten me as to what u find confusing, i would be able to clear up the confusion???

it is just a simple post... about advertisements in magazines... and my avatar is just an innocent little shot of shou tao... these are popular snacks at chinese restaurants and they are filled with sweet...... thick....... bean paste

Innocent. Of course.

Anyway, it's cleared up now Smile
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: irritating part of reading magazines   irritating part of reading magazines I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 5:14 pm

looks like 3 shiny white butts that have been spanked pink to me loh.
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: irritating part of reading magazines   irritating part of reading magazines I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 9:49 pm

don't know what you're up to in tokyo, but i'm pretty sure we'll be reading about you in the news soon.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: irritating part of reading magazines   irritating part of reading magazines I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 10:36 pm

For the record...Nienstu was seriously considering bidding for the RTB purple ladies golf bag.

for himself...so i am not surprise he subscribe to and reads HW on a regular basis.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
siaw8
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
siaw8

PostSubject: Re: irritating part of reading magazines   irritating part of reading magazines I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 10:39 pm

MT... is that your butt in ur avatar? so pinkish and smooth... i am sure the 3 inmates will love you to the tits:)
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: irritating part of reading magazines   irritating part of reading magazines I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 11:55 pm

DGman wrote:
For the record...Nienstu was seriously considering bidding for the RTB purple ladies golf bag.

for himself...so i am not surprise he subscribe to and reads HW on a regular basis.

DGman

I saw the bag the other day at the Den. Quite err.. cutesy. It'll definitely attract attention on the course, but it looks more like a collector's item than anything else.
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mervyntan

PostSubject: Re: irritating part of reading magazines   irritating part of reading magazines I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 3:58 am

Technospaz wrote:
DGman wrote:

DGman

I saw the bag the other day at the Den. Quite err.. cutesy. It'll definitely attract attention on the course, but it looks more like a collector's item than anything else.

is it? bid, give to girl, collect girl.

collectors item?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: irritating part of reading magazines   irritating part of reading magazines I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

irritating part of reading magazines
Page 1 of 1