Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider

Go down 
+8
bugaboo
benhogan
kopiO
Birdman
Duval_S
mUAr_cHEe
eiji
keithngzx
12 posters
AuthorMessage
keithngzx
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider Empty
PostSubject: Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider   Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 10:31 pm

Have been thinking of changing my TM Cart Bag with 6 slots for a 14 slot one, something like the Callaway Stadium Org 14.

This is because as I pay more often, i find that the clubs entangle each other. was thinking the org 14 will allow me to better organise my game.

however, after visiting numerous shops, there are not much 14 slot design cart bags to choose from. only Maxfli (panwest), Ogio (golf house) and Callaway stadium (PW), Perry gear (Transview $120 on offer, but design not my kind)

Not sure if its because there's no demand as there's a problem with these bags, i.e. not so useful or just plain bulky or other reasons io am not aware of.

Would like to hear some comments from more experienced folks before committing on another purchase. else I will have 3 bags, stand bag, 6 slot cart bag and 14 slot cart bag.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider   Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 10:47 pm

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-equipment/2009-07/hot_list_golf_bags

hope the link above helps..

i really like Bag Boy's revolver pro

Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider Bbrevolver_pro

and the Sun Mountain C130

Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider T_21560

I have space constraints therefore have to stick with Stand Bags.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider   Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 10:54 pm

bulk is the biggest problem.

as for club entangling, with my 9.5" 6 way bag. I do not really find it a problem. Just a 5 second job to jingle the clubs to make it all go down...
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider   Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 11:17 pm

wow....all these bags looks so nice.

Presently I am using a Callaway - compatible standbag...with 6 slots.....no problem with inserting and ex-serting my irons out fm the holes ...sorry I meant slots.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider   Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 12:23 am

Hey Keith, like Muar Chee says, with the six way dividers, just give the clubs a quick jiggle to straighten them out before setting our on your round. The reason they get all tangled up is because the bag was lying in a horizontal position in your car boot en route to the course. So the quick jiggle does the trick.

One of the pros of a 6 way divider is that the openings are bigger and the clubs don't get stuck as much at the grip area on pulling them out, provided you've done the 5 second jiggle before the round. With more dividing partitions, I've found the openings to be smaller to remove the clubs, so even with the jiggle, sometimes my clubs still get stuck. And I have a BagBoy stand bag with a 13 way divider. The dividers are made of the same dense foam rubber as in the blue grey revolver but of a different configuration. The rubber tends to rub off leaving black streaks on my graphite shafts. The streaks are easily removed by rubbing with the hand or a towel, but it does irk me, especially at address looking down.

If you do intend to get a 14 way divider bag, just make sure each slot for the clubs are of an individual tube that runs the entire length of the bag to make sure your clubs don't tangle. Reason being that like mine, the top may be a multiple way divider, but past the dividers inside the bag, it'll just be the usual thin sheets of stretched fabric that separate the clubs in groups of three, bring you back to square one and tangling your clubs again. And then you could have invested all that money in a new bag for nought.

Note that the inner stretched fabric dividers do make your bag lighter and that individual tubing separates your clubs well but add weight to your bag.
Back to top Go down
keithngzx
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider   Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 8:08 am

Thanks Eiji for the nice pics, look very tempting.

Thanks Muar Chee and Duval, seems the 5 second jingle is quite a good solution, only thing is that I'm newbie and singapore courses are so "tightly scheduled" so any lost seconds wrecks nerves on my next swing :-) of course, I'm an equipment upgrade junkie so always looking for new toys to buy.

Thanks Birdman, makes total sense that if I were to buy, I should buy the ones that are of indivi tube running to the end. I have seen some bags are 14 way divider at top and a big mess at the bottom without indvi tubes. end up spend money on bag and LPPL.
Back to top Go down
kopiO
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kopiO

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider   Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:19 pm

u can also juz buy the plastic tubes and put them into your bag to create the 14 or whatever number of partitions you want... should be cheaper and gives you more choices... cant recall the price... the thread could be somewhere here in this forum,
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider   Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 6:54 am

heard the plastic tube does more harm than good... but i cannot remember why...
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider   Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 10:50 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:

The plastic tubes that sold on their own are made of hard plastic which is not kind to graphite shafts. They wear off the shafts over time, weakening them.
Back to top Go down
benhogan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider   Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 10:52 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:

The inner rim scratches the shafts..
Back to top Go down
bugaboo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider   Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 10:17 pm

i bought this one.
sun mountain MPB - multi purpose bag. its like a hybrid between a stand bag and a cart bag. i was looking for something that had a separate putter compartment, and 14 slots.
http://reviews.golfwrx.com/categories/12/products/671
Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider P12633027

i am not very organized and always spend a few secs looking for the club i want. after getting this, i put the driver 3 wood and hybrid on the top row.
3-6 in the second row, 7-8 on the next row with 2 empty, and the last 3 slots i put 9, pw and sw. seems to work for me. although when i having a bad game, also revert to anyhow chuck the club after the shot, cos fedup. haha.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider   Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 11:16 pm

I've been eyeing this other SunMountain stand bag for awhile, the cart bag version also has 14 way divider. Best part is it's waterproof, right down to the YKK zippers. And the bag comes with a bonus, a plastic ball lining device. You can barely see it on the stand bag's large compartment zipper.

Cart Bag Specs
10" 14-way top with individual full length dividers; Single strap carry system; Integrated top handle for easy on/off
Lightweight nylon fabric with waterproof coating; Waterproof zippers, rainhood, seams and pockets
2 full-length clothing pockets; Velour lined valuables pocket
Several easily accessed accessory pockets; Beverage pocket
Umbrella holder; Pen Holder; Towel holder; Ball liner

Here's the link to the review as well.

http://www.worldgolf.com/golf-equipment/sun-mountain-h2no-waterproof-golf-bags-8807.htm

Cart Bag
Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider Sun-mountain-h2no-cart-bag

Stand Bag
Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider G020246
Back to top Go down
solarpop
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
solarpop

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider   Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 11:35 pm

benhogan wrote:
mUAr_cHEe wrote:

The inner rim scratches the shafts..

From the way these things are molded during manufacturing, there will be bits of excess plastic sticking out on the inner rim. I worked on these areas with a nail file to smoothen it out. Been using them on my stand bag for the past year.. no scratches at all. These things are pretty cheap too.

Only issue is, if you have a larger than normal grip size, it may not fit in the tubes.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider   Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 10:54 am

14 slots with a putter well outside, not too bulky too...call me a neat freak

[img]Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider 003-1[/img]
Back to top Go down
kian
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
kian

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider   Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 12:23 pm

are those Valentino wedges? Razz
Back to top Go down
keithngzx
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider   Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 9:32 pm

I tried asking before buying the tubes, apparently it cannot fit mid size grips (i have long fingers) so i did not go ahead to buy the tubes. much cheaper option though
Back to top Go down
keithngzx
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider   Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 9:33 pm

I tried asking before buying the tubes, apparently it cannot fit mid size grips (i have long fingers) so i did not go ahead to buy the tubes. much cheaper option though
Back to top Go down
keithngzx
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider   Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 9:35 pm

Saw the Callaway Org 14 cart bag at panwest on sale at $189 so will be getting this. still better looking than the ogio syncro at golf house. also the 14 slots have full length dividers compared to other 14 slot cart bags that do not have full length dividers which beat the purpose of buying such larger bags.
Back to top Go down
Streamer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Streamer

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider   Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 10:13 pm

Hi,

Where can we buy Sun Mountain Golf Bags in Singapore? Thanks...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider   Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cart Bag normal 6 slot versus 14 slot full length divider
Page 1 of 1