Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sentosa Serapong Course - Brutal

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

Sentosa Serapong Course - Brutal Empty
PostSubject: Sentosa Serapong Course - Brutal   Sentosa Serapong Course - Brutal I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 1:03 pm

I had the privilege of playing Serapong today with Asian Tour pro Gavin Flint

A truly fantastic golf course and facility and from the black tees, extremely long.

I have played some of the best courses in Australia and all I can say is that Holes 3,4 and 5 are one of the toughest stretches of holes I have ever come across.

The course in general I rank as one of the best I have played. Even better was the 3 hour round.

Unfortunately Gav took my $$$ Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
darenlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
darenlim

PostSubject: Re: Sentosa Serapong Course - Brutal   Sentosa Serapong Course - Brutal I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 1:11 pm

I have to agree with you.

Serapong is mentally taxing esp 3,4 and 5.
The closing holes 7,8 and 9 are not actually a walk in the park too when you are playing from the black. The course is layed in a way where you are forced to play longer from the hole let alone the possible difficult pin positions during a Pro tournament.

By the way, what score did you shoot? Smile
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Sentosa Serapong Course - Brutal   Sentosa Serapong Course - Brutal I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 1:19 pm

Could only manage 78. Holes 3,4 and 5, I played in 4 over. Those holes are super long from the blacks

Agree with you that during pro tournament it could get really tough with longer rough and tough pins.

Very impressive layout and condition was perfect
Back to top Go down
darenlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
darenlim

PostSubject: Re: Sentosa Serapong Course - Brutal   Sentosa Serapong Course - Brutal I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 1:26 pm

Hole 3 - force to play longer to the hole probably with 180m downhill

Hole 4 - Laying up and putting on the green can be a b!tch!

Hole 5 - Is purely long, green surrounded by bunkers!

Stress!
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Sentosa Serapong Course - Brutal   Sentosa Serapong Course - Brutal I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 1:34 pm

Holes 13 and 15 are brutal as well

In fact there isnt really any simple holes.....stress all day

Hey mate...even harder when u loose a contact lense (so I hear)
Back to top Go down
darenlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
darenlim

PostSubject: Re: Sentosa Serapong Course - Brutal   Sentosa Serapong Course - Brutal I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 2:01 pm

Right_sided_coach wrote:
Holes 13 and 15 are brutal as well

In fact there isnt really any simple holes.....stress all day

Hey mate...even harder when u loose a contact lense (so I hear)

I kinda find 13 and 15 easier as finding the fairway is not that difficult and the greens are relatively forgiving compare to 3,4 and 5.

As for losing contact lenses, it definitely was not fun.
was 1 over after 16th and went bogey and triple bogey for 17th/18th respectively.
Ouch! A Lesson Learnt, now I put extra glasses, extra contact lenses and a mirror in my golf bag!

It certainly seems like you have to think and plan for every shot you make at Serapong, that is why it is mentally taxing. Its always about the landing area on the fairway/green and the shape of shot you need to hit. Thats the reason why I play golf, cos its fun and challenging.
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

PostSubject: Re: Sentosa Serapong Course - Brutal   Sentosa Serapong Course - Brutal I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 4:04 pm

last time i played there. i played 72
Back to top Go down
darenlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
darenlim

PostSubject: Re: Sentosa Serapong Course - Brutal   Sentosa Serapong Course - Brutal I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 4:14 pm

chocoman wrote:
last time i played there. i played 72

Pro Smile

Off the Blacks?
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Sentosa Serapong Course - Brutal   Sentosa Serapong Course - Brutal I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 4:22 pm

Chocoman-stimaster,
You meant 72 over ? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

But to be honest when I played at Tanjong also 2 weeks ago.. I found it's one of the toughest course I ever play in Singapore (except green fairways of course)....

Beside that,
Almost all the times I look left look right to look for the distance marker... and my flight mates are having trouble gauging the distance too...
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Sentosa Serapong Course - Brutal   Sentosa Serapong Course - Brutal I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 4:23 pm

yo...bro Choco...you go and challenge Darren lah....... I see you UP!!!! You can do it!!!!

PS: very highly likely and must be...my money on darren....hehehehehe
Back to top Go down
darenlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
darenlim

PostSubject: Re: Sentosa Serapong Course - Brutal   Sentosa Serapong Course - Brutal I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 4:28 pm

daveaha wrote:
Chocoman-stimaster,

But to be honest when I played at Tanjong also 2 weeks ago.. I found it's one of the toughest course I ever play in Singapore (except green fairways of course)....

Beside that,
Almost all the times I look left look right to look for the distance marker... and my flight mates are having trouble gauging the distance too...

We were talking about serapong, tanjong is nothing compared to serapong.
Serapong is a brutal course esp from the Blacks.
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Sentosa Serapong Course - Brutal   Sentosa Serapong Course - Brutal I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 4:58 pm

darenlim wrote:
daveaha wrote:
Chocoman-stimaster,

Beside that,

I know. These two are diff, but for me, myself and no other than me, Tanjong is bad enough.
Back to top Go down
darenlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
darenlim

PostSubject: Re: Sentosa Serapong Course - Brutal   Sentosa Serapong Course - Brutal I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 5:35 pm

daveaha wrote:
darenlim wrote:
daveaha wrote:
Chocoman-stimaster,

Beside that,

I know. These two are diff, but for me, myself and no other than me, Tanjong is bad enough.

That Par 3 at the top of the hill still confuses me lol
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Sentosa Serapong Course - Brutal   Sentosa Serapong Course - Brutal I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 5:54 pm

darenlim wrote:
daveaha wrote:
darenlim wrote:
daveaha wrote:
Chocoman-stimaster,

Beside that,

That Par 3 at the top of the hill still confuses me lol

Ha ha. Exactly my sentiment. I keep on remembering that hole.

Couldn't settle on which iron to use. Brought 3 irons, and used 8 iron. Short. Damn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sentosa Serapong Course - Brutal   Sentosa Serapong Course - Brutal I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sentosa Serapong Course - Brutal
Page 1 of 1