Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ImpactStik

Go down 
+3
Lamts18
Khorkar
Ssquirrel
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

ImpactStik Empty
PostSubject: ImpactStik   ImpactStik I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 4:42 pm

Woo Hoo!! Picked up the Impactstik from BFG yesterday.
Hopefully can add a couple more metres to my dismal drives...

It came with a "manual" in Japanese.
Found the English version: IS User Manual

For those ImpactStik users, please give me some tips/drills advice.... help a brudder out... afro

Btw, is the rubber thingy at the end replaceable? I whack the floor today at home and scrapped the rubber No
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

ImpactStik Empty
PostSubject: Re: ImpactStik   ImpactStik I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 7:34 pm

Put a condom cap on top of it.... Wink

You must be hitting it pretty hard on the floor. I have been hitting it on the range matt, so far it hasnt fallen off. Check Dr Ng, not sure it if has any advice.
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

ImpactStik Empty
PostSubject: Re: ImpactStik   ImpactStik I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 7:54 pm

Haven't fall off lah, just scrape a bit; left a black skid mark on the putting mat; so got no evidence left for the wife to make noise.
Anyway, I just checked; and the rubber thingy is quite thick and shouldn't be an issue..

From swinging crap at home in the past; I've managed to chip a tile, knock a hole in the wall and break other stuff; Sad .
Funnier still is the time when a friend and I were in a hotel room; and we decided to do some chipping in the hotel room. My friend skulled the ball and broke a picture frame.. hahahha Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

ImpactStik Empty
PostSubject: Re: ImpactStik   ImpactStik I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 7:55 pm

Ssquirrel wrote:
Woo Hoo!! Picked up the Impactstik from BFG yesterday.
Hopefully can add a couple more metres to my dismal drives...

It came with a "manual" in Japanese.
Found the English version: IS User Manual

For those ImpactStik users, please give me some tips/drills advice.... help a brudder out... afro

Btw, is the rubber thingy at the end replaceable? I whack the floor today at home and scrapped the rubber No

where your sleep in Japanese Dictionary.... choke up a bit and you wont hit the floor... just feel the springy thing hit the end of the stick at the impact point where your ball suppose to be... in no time your 180m drive will be 280m drive...
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

ImpactStik Empty
PostSubject: Re: ImpactStik   ImpactStik I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 8:55 pm

Haha...just swing it like a Driver practice swing lor, then you wun hit the ground. Razz
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

ImpactStik Empty
PostSubject: Re: ImpactStik   ImpactStik I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 8:57 pm

Actually hor, the marks of the range mat has it use. It tells the direction of yr swing. If you are constantly hitting the same direction, that means it is consistency. It is changes frequently, means otherwise and needs correction.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

ImpactStik Empty
PostSubject: Re: ImpactStik   ImpactStik I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 9:48 pm

I think Bro SS picked up the 'Pro' version becos he wants to get past the 180M barrier.

I also know after 2 games that 180M is his 'carry' distance....his drives run for another good 50M or so. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Elbry
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Elbry

ImpactStik Empty
PostSubject: Re: ImpactStik   ImpactStik I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 10:10 pm

erm...we suppose to hit the end of the stik on the floor???
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

ImpactStik Empty
PostSubject: Re: ImpactStik   ImpactStik I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 10:10 pm

No la! Just swing thru. Its not meant to hit anything.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

ImpactStik Empty
PostSubject: Re: ImpactStik   ImpactStik I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 10:15 pm

wah SS you confused everyone...

1. just swing in the thin air...do not hit anything on the way up, on the way down and finish with belly button to target.

2. please check the swing arch before you swing. we do not want injured pets, children and broken items at home.

3. last but not least, if you have the pro version and cannot drive more than 180m, come in for refund...

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

ImpactStik Empty
PostSubject: Re: ImpactStik   ImpactStik I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 8:05 am

DGman wrote:
wah SS you confused everyone...

1. just swing in the thin air...do not hit anything on the way up, on the way down and finish with belly button to target.

2. please check the swing arch before you swing. we do not want injured pets, children and broken items at home.

3. last but not least, if you have the pro version and cannot drive more than 180m, come in for refund...

DGman

lol! make sure when using the impact stik, you got to swing it like you swing you golf club. meaning the setup and everything must be exactly the same. I for one was focusing so much on the release and hence forgoting about the upswing which have created some bad shots previously.
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

ImpactStik Empty
PostSubject: Re: ImpactStik   ImpactStik I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 11:53 am

Agreed, the impactstik should be used like emulating a real golf swing; golf ball position, stance, swing plane, etc. Try to get the impact feel/sound at where the ball position is.

I tried it at the range the other day, and was quite happy with it. Maybe in 2yrs time, I aim for 185m drives! hahaha..

Ok, I have/had quite a few swing training aids (leadbetter swingsetter, tourtempo speedball/xlr8r, swing fan, speedchain, speedstik, etc..etc), and I would rate the ImpactStik as top few.

Especially good for someone who has never felt "impact/release".
Leadbetter swingsetter, the magnet stuff holding the ball makes it pretty easy to "release", so even on bad casts you can get the sound.
You can still get the impactstik to "release" with casting but it's slightly harder.

Added advantage of ImpactStik is that it's small enough to swing at home and stick it in your golf bag as a warm up aid. Think it's legal to be in the bag since it's not a club??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ImpactStik Empty
PostSubject: Re: ImpactStik   ImpactStik I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ImpactStik
Page 1 of 1