Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Getting a Golf PC in Singapore

Go down 
+18
civicxtreme
elvingolf
weesern
roger79
golfjoy
aural
jazz
Alan
St. MIG
Suzuki
Lion Iron
Batman
clarencekim
Gray
Derek
mysticsea
sfhuang
longster
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
longster
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Getting a Golf PC in Singapore Empty
PostSubject: Getting a Golf PC in Singapore   Getting a Golf PC in Singapore I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 1:46 pm

hi everyone.. I am new to the game... was wondering how to get a PC even though I am not a member of any clubs or under any coach in sg.. any idea which centres provide such testing?

thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
sfhuang
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Golf PC in Singapore   Getting a Golf PC in Singapore I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 1:48 pm

Where do you intend to play? There's no point getting a PC unless you want to play at the club/course you got the PC from.
Back to top Go down
longster
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Golf PC in Singapore   Getting a Golf PC in Singapore I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 1:54 pm

local few clubs.. batam bintan.. lor
Back to top Go down
sfhuang
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Golf PC in Singapore   Getting a Golf PC in Singapore I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 1:59 pm

Batam, bintan don't need PC or handicap to play. Local clubs generally do not need PCs, but will require you to take swing tests before they allow you on the green. Or so I've been told.

The Executive Golf Course at Mandai most definitely does not require PC.
Back to top Go down
mysticsea
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mysticsea

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Golf PC in Singapore   Getting a Golf PC in Singapore I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 2:08 pm

i think u need a HC to play in local clubs...
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Golf PC in Singapore   Getting a Golf PC in Singapore I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 2:10 pm

Hi Longster,

I got my PC from Jurong CC (where I take lessons) and I remember that MBGC accepted it as well. However, it was not accepted at NSRCC, so I had to wait until I got my handicap to play there.

As for playing overseas when I did not have a handicap, I took the risk of declaring a 30 handicap and preparing a back up story in case the club checked. However, please do so at your own risk, the club has every right to refuse to let you play. If I am not wrong, they do not accept PCs in Malaysia or Indonesia.

If you play mainly at Marina, you do not need a PC, just need to take the "Swing Test" which is valid for 30 days.

Good luck and enjoy the game.

Derek
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Golf PC in Singapore   Getting a Golf PC in Singapore I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 2:17 pm

Hi Longster, your best bet is to take a PC from My Golf Kaki. With that you can play at Marina Bay and weekdays at Orchid Country club. Then work your way to a handicap from there.

Another option to play in local courses is to join company events, YMCA monthly golf, charity golf events or events by Golf republic etc etc. Pay slightly more but enjoy good company and get fabulous goody bags and usually include makan. Best part is no need PC or handicap for such events.
Back to top Go down
longster
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Golf PC in Singapore   Getting a Golf PC in Singapore I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 2:58 pm

i read from some websites.. bukit batok some schools offer to let students take pc with them.. jus take the theory and practical test.. pass and they issue u a PC.. issit tat simple?
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Golf PC in Singapore   Getting a Golf PC in Singapore I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 3:43 pm

EGC used to be very strict about having a valid PC and dress code.

Now they dun care--even on weekends!

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Golf PC in Singapore   Getting a Golf PC in Singapore I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 10:39 pm

longster wrote:
i read from some websites.. bukit batok some schools offer to let students take pc with them.. jus take the theory and practical test.. pass and they issue u a PC.. issit tat simple?
i guess as how we always like to say it during our NS days, "By right" need handicap. But "by left" dun need. when it comes to business vs rules, its a very thin line bro Rolling Eyes

anyway, coming back to the topic, i'm not sure abt bukit batok but like wat Gray mention, u can consider My Golf Kaki (MGK). and yes u r right. it is that simple. sign up, pay $$, take lessons n then pass out with PC being issued. i m thinking of signing up with MGK at OCC. u wanna join me? cos i'm 1 pax at the moment n looking for kaki ROFL
Back to top Go down
Lion Iron
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Lion Iron

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Golf PC in Singapore   Getting a Golf PC in Singapore I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 11:53 pm

Just got my PC from Star Academy at MBGC. Need to hit 3 out of 5 airborn balls at 4 distance:150m, 100m, 50m and 30m.
Back to top Go down
Suzuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Suzuki

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Golf PC in Singapore   Getting a Golf PC in Singapore I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 11:59 pm

You dress nice nice like a pro can already. Dont know how to play but swing nice nice can already.
Back to top Go down
St. MIG
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
St. MIG

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Golf PC in Singapore   Getting a Golf PC in Singapore I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 12:00 am

mysticsea wrote:
i think u need a HC to play in local clubs...

SCC & Laguna needs HC only during W/E.
Back to top Go down
http://www.miguellim.weebly.com
Alan
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Golf PC in Singapore   Getting a Golf PC in Singapore I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 9:22 am

If you have a valid PC, you could play at some local golf courses on weekdays (depending on their acceptance on Academy/clubs issuing the PC). "Swing test" are short term measure valid for a month only, some course does not conduct "Swing test" and you might get stranded in some instance.

MGK Academy @ OCC will be able to help you to obtain PC, Handicap and it is giving 10% discount currently. Enquire at 64838313
Back to top Go down
jazz
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Golf PC in Singapore   Getting a Golf PC in Singapore I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 2:36 pm

I am with AAgolfer network. They do PC n HC test If I recall correctly. I just use them to maintain my HC.
Back to top Go down
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aural

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Golf PC in Singapore   Getting a Golf PC in Singapore I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 9:50 am

Lion Iron wrote:
Just got my PC from Star Academy at MBGC. Need to hit 3 out of 5 airborn balls at 4 distance:150m, 100m, 50m and 30m.

Any restrictions on the clubs and also any difference for Men and Ladies? 150 for ladies beginner might be tough. Then 30m for men like also quite tought for beginner. Cannot judge distance so well. lol...
Back to top Go down
Lion Iron
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Lion Iron

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Golf PC in Singapore   Getting a Golf PC in Singapore I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 10:32 pm

By "right", I guess no restriction so long as distance is reached. Best is to demo driver and different clubs. For MGBC, easy to judge distance. On the far right side of the range where they have the admission test you will see 3 flags - white which is 150m, next nearer red flag is 100m and nearest red flag is 50m. 30m is agar agar half to 50m.

By "left", can't say too much openly here. I think so long you swing well they give chance.
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Golf PC in Singapore   Getting a Golf PC in Singapore I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 10:39 pm

Ohhh? How is a PC test conducted? Question
Back to top Go down
roger79
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
roger79

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Golf PC in Singapore   Getting a Golf PC in Singapore I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 10:55 pm

Juz got my PC from MGK @ OCC a few days back....for e sake of getting my hcp. Basically, its pay alot of $$$ n get a piece of paper for me Sad

Rules & etiquette workshop and practical swing test ard $65.
PC card ard $40 (valid for a yr)

Test is hit 3balls each at 50m, 100m and 150m (use any club also can) .. No need to zun zun achieve e distance, as long as the ball airborne almost there ok liao...

It takes only 1.5hrs to complete everything. The workshop is held once every 2 weeks.

U need to spend ard $110 just to get a stupid PC... but e good thing is u can play in OCC wkdays and MBGC.

Hope e info helps Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aural

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Golf PC in Singapore   Getting a Golf PC in Singapore I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 11:00 pm

roger79 wrote:
Juz got my PC from MGK @ OCC a few days back....for e sake of getting my hcp. Basically, its pay alot of $$$ n get a piece of paper for me Sad

Test is hit 3balls each at 50m, 100m and 150m (use any club also can) .. No need to zun zun achieve e distance, as long as the ball airborne almost there ok liao...

It takes only 1.5hrs to complete everything. The workshop is held once every 2 weeks.

U need to spend ard $110 just to get a stupid PC... but e good thing is u can play in OCC wkdays and MBGC.

Only this ar... no going to the course?
Back to top Go down
roger79
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
roger79

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Golf PC in Singapore   Getting a Golf PC in Singapore I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 11:22 pm

aural wrote:
roger79 wrote:

Nope.... Pay $45 and hit 9balls for the golf pro to see Shocked
Back to top Go down
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aural

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Golf PC in Singapore   Getting a Golf PC in Singapore I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 11:32 pm

roger79 wrote:
aural wrote:
roger79 wrote:

Nope.... Pay $45 and hit 9balls for the golf pro to see Shocked

Like tt i lucky, PC test is part of my course package. But according to my coach, need to go to greens one leh. hmm Thursday i ask.
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Golf PC in Singapore   Getting a Golf PC in Singapore I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 9:28 am

anyone tried getting hcp in JB? how much will it cost?
Back to top Go down
elvingolf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Golf PC in Singapore   Getting a Golf PC in Singapore I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 9:52 am

hcp at Palm resort (JB) cost RM120 - 140 includes green, buggy and test fees.
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Golf PC in Singapore   Getting a Golf PC in Singapore I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 10:14 am

if it is so much cheaper there, might as well take the test there and when time for renewal, transfer it back to SG
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting a Golf PC in Singapore   Getting a Golf PC in Singapore I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting a Golf PC in Singapore
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next