Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf Handicap Singapore

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chunky Munky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Chunky Munky

Golf Handicap Singapore Empty
PostSubject: Golf Handicap Singapore   Golf Handicap Singapore I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 9:41 am

I'm new to Singapore and I'm hoping to play some golf on the beautiful courses you have over here! I've played golf for a few years and currently have a valid UK issued handicap card. I notice that USGA is the most widely recognised in SG. Will my UK handicap card be sufficient to play the courses here or will I need to pay to go through a handicap test etc? For reference I currently play off 12. Any info would be great! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

PostSubject: Re: Golf Handicap Singapore   Golf Handicap Singapore I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 9:59 am

Hi CM, welcome to GR!

I think it is not a problem. As far as I know Singapore courses accept all valid and current HCP card. To be 100% sure, suggest you check with SGA. Enjoy your golfing in SG!  cheers
Back to top Go down
Chunky Munky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Chunky Munky

PostSubject: Re: Golf Handicap Singapore   Golf Handicap Singapore I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 10:02 am

Thanks beehome! Very useful information!

I will contact the SGA to see what they say Smile
Back to top Go down
snssns
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Handicap Singapore   Golf Handicap Singapore I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 11:22 am

Welcome CM. There are beautiful courses both here and also JB Malaysia. Stay in touch and we may catch up for a games.
Rdgs
James
Back to top Go down
Chunky Munky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Chunky Munky

PostSubject: Re: Golf Handicap Singapore   Golf Handicap Singapore I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 11:26 am

Thanks James!

All of my stuff has arrived now and I'm going to start looking at when I can squeeze a few rounds in Wink

Have just booked to play the Bali National GC, Nirwana GC and New Kuta GC at the end of November which should be fun. Not as cheap as I thought it would be but looking forward to it.

CM
Back to top Go down
snssns
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Handicap Singapore   Golf Handicap Singapore I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 12:09 pm

CM, we are going golf in Saigon from 1st Dec till 6th Dec. Let me know if you wish to join?
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Golf Handicap Singapore   Golf Handicap Singapore I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 4:14 pm

Hi Chunky Munky, for normal play, USGA, CONGU etc etc are all accepted.

However, certain tournaments (even club level ones or charity ones) require a USGA handicap.

The conversion is straightforward, however, you will have a pay a small annual fee each year to maintain the USGA handicap.

Have fun golfing in Singapore
Back to top Go down
Chunky Munky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Chunky Munky

PostSubject: Re: Golf Handicap Singapore   Golf Handicap Singapore I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 4:16 pm

Thanks Derek! Very helpful Smile
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Golf Handicap Singapore   Golf Handicap Singapore I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 5:27 pm

You are welcome.  You might find the thread below has some useful information hidden amidst the banter ...

http://www.golfrepublic.org/t15691-usga-handicap-related-faq
Back to top Go down
Chunky Munky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Chunky Munky

PostSubject: Re: Golf Handicap Singapore   Golf Handicap Singapore I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 5:34 pm

Very insightful. Love the bit about the guys that should be playing off lower handicaps! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Renixus
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Handicap Singapore   Golf Handicap Singapore I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 10:47 am

Welcome to the forum Chunky Munky!
Back to top Go down
Chunky Munky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Chunky Munky

PostSubject: Re: Golf Handicap Singapore   Golf Handicap Singapore I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 10:50 am

Thanks Renixus!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golf Handicap Singapore   Golf Handicap Singapore I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf Handicap Singapore
Page 1 of 1