Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Benefit of Indoor Golf

Go down 
+7
darenlim
clarencekim
rangereye
Derek
Duval_S
watermyforrest
sandkie
11 posters
AuthorMessage
sandkie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
sandkie

Benefit of Indoor Golf Empty
PostSubject: Benefit of Indoor Golf   Benefit of Indoor Golf I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 11:30 am

Hi, all

What would be the benefit of indoor golf simulation?

I tried the golf simulation and, in my opinion, it can be quite a good practice for driving and approach shot. Putting, recovery shot are not so close to reality.

The golf simulator can actually set gimme range or we can click the button gimme anytime. I only tried Max Swing at Somerset, btw. Hence, if we want to just focus on non-putting stuff, we can just click gimme everytime we hit the green. Then, we can print our stats everytime we finish 18 holes.
If we do this way, I think we can finish about 20-27 holes per hour for one pax.

Of course, nothing beats the real golf but if we just want to focus on fairway hit percentage and GIR, this can be a good alternative...

What are your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Benefit of Indoor Golf   Benefit of Indoor Golf I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 1:18 pm

Can't submit the score card for handicap Razz
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Benefit of Indoor Golf   Benefit of Indoor Golf I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 2:33 pm

I think the only benefit is that its a good substitute for a get-together. tats about it....I tried it once in KR, not shiok...but maybe becos of my low playing std

However on the other extreme, I do my own indoor golf at home....just slow motiion swing practise in front based on my reflection on sliding door while watching golf channel....tat is about the only practise I get..
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Benefit of Indoor Golf   Benefit of Indoor Golf I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 3:01 pm

Hi Taskie,

My 2 cents worth on Indoor Golf. I guess I am a fan, and have tried all the current ones that are open in Singapore.

I love the fact that it is air-conditioned and that you can play from evening to night. For those of us who do not have the benefit of flexible working hours, it is a great alternative.

As for benefits to the overall golf game, I think opinons are divided, I have friends who think that Golf Simulators mess up your actual game and those that think it helps them recreate the pressure of a real game.

For me, Indoor golf is a great alternative to going to the pub to have a drink. We still drink beer, but instead of shooting pool, we play golf. In terms of realism, it is never going to reflect the real game 100%, especially in the short game aspect, however, it is still swinging a real club at a real ball. And it is a whole lot more fun than the driving range.

I guess whether Indoor Golf will help your actual game depends on the individual. However, I think the main point should be, do you enjoy playing it? For my friends and I who like it, we play the whole game, short game, putts and all, and just take it as another game to get good at. If it improves my actual golf game, great! If there is no effect, it is still great fun.

One thing to realise is that different shops are using different technologies to capture the ball flight and simulate the movement. For some swings, the tech in that shop may not be able to capture properly and there are big discrepancies between the outdoor distance and the simulated distance, with the simulated distance much shorter. For others, the simulation closely matches the actual distances.

So try a couple of shops are see which one you like the best. I believe I saw an article recently in Golf Digest listing them.

Happy Screen Golfing (as they say in Korea).
Back to top Go down
rangereye
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
rangereye

PostSubject: Re: Benefit of Indoor Golf   Benefit of Indoor Golf I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 3:50 pm

Duval_S wrote:

However on the other extreme, I do my own indoor golf at home....just slow motiion swing practise in front based on my reflection on sliding door while watching golf channel....tat is about the only practise I get..

Sorry to Benefit of Indoor Golf 991442 ... Bro!! your house darn big to be able to practice swing while watching golf channel... WOW!!!

sorry, got a bit over-excited... commercial break over... back to topic... Benefit of Indoor Golf 991442
Back to top Go down
http://www.wizgolf.com.sg
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: Benefit of Indoor Golf   Benefit of Indoor Golf I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 4:03 pm

Derek: For me, Indoor golf is a great alternative to going to the pub to have a drink. We still drink beer, but instead of shooting pool, we play golf. In terms of realism, it is never going to reflect the real game 100%, especially in the short game aspect, however, it is still swinging a real club at a real ball. And it is a whole lot more fun than the driving range.

To me it's NOT an alternative but additional activity to drinking beer, playing pool and TCSS with kakis.

Only Swing Golf has pretty GROs, but they are not like those found in certain types of pubs.

And only Revolution Screen Golf has KTV systems in the rooms if you get tired of golf--I think?

Razz
Back to top Go down
darenlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
darenlim

PostSubject: Re: Benefit of Indoor Golf   Benefit of Indoor Golf I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 4:11 pm

Shall we have an indoor golf competition?
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Benefit of Indoor Golf   Benefit of Indoor Golf I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 4:47 pm

darenlim wrote:
Wah Lao... Whats wrong with you? Keep jioing people for games!!!
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Benefit of Indoor Golf   Benefit of Indoor Golf I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 5:08 pm

JonL_TK wrote:
darenlim wrote:
Wah Lao... Whats wrong with you? Keep jioing people for games!!!

ROFL ROFL That's good one Jon.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Benefit of Indoor Golf   Benefit of Indoor Golf I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 7:25 pm

Bro Darren....I nominate you as our Golf Ambassdor .....
Back to top Go down
sandkie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
sandkie

PostSubject: Re: Benefit of Indoor Golf   Benefit of Indoor Golf I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 12:19 am

Derek, you are making a lot of sense. Good opinion.
It is best to be used for hang out with friends.. not for practice.

Daren, if you arrange, I believe you will have supporters...
Back to top Go down
fusionize
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Benefit of Indoor Golf   Benefit of Indoor Golf I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 12:31 am

Hey~ if you guys love golf simulators~ how about i introduce you this new place located at the penhouse of oub building. Can msg me~ i can bring you guys there~ googlingatchrome@gmail.com

suzanne~
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: Benefit of Indoor Golf   Benefit of Indoor Golf I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 6:15 pm

I tot City Golf (1 Raffles Place--OUB Bld) still under construction?

CK
Back to top Go down
darenlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
darenlim

PostSubject: Re: Benefit of Indoor Golf   Benefit of Indoor Golf I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 6:30 pm

What are the rates at Citygolf?
Back to top Go down
fusionize
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Benefit of Indoor Golf   Benefit of Indoor Golf I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 7:30 pm

You guys can contact me at 98472346. I can bring you guys and check out the place. And also offer you guys promotional rates~ Not advisable to reveal the rates online due to company policies though~ Smile

Suzanne
Back to top Go down
fusionize
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Benefit of Indoor Golf   Benefit of Indoor Golf I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 7:32 pm

clarencekim wrote:
I tot City Golf (1 Raffles Place--OUB Bld) still under construction?

CK

Ya it still is~ but i can bring you up for a personal tour of the place once its fully done up~ The main attraction of the place is the sky line~ the club will be called One Altitude~ Smile

Suzanne
Back to top Go down
fusionize
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Benefit of Indoor Golf   Benefit of Indoor Golf I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 7:34 pm

darenlim wrote:
What are the rates at Citygolf?

I won't be able to reveal the rates online~ due to companie's policy~ but do contact me at 98472346~ I can tell u more over the phone~

Suzanne
Back to top Go down
Lizardman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Benefit of Indoor Golf   Benefit of Indoor Golf I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 10:40 am

Is it true that golf simulators don't work for lefties?
Back to top Go down
fusionize
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Benefit of Indoor Golf   Benefit of Indoor Golf I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 4:44 pm

No, our golf simulators work for both left and right handers. Furthermore, it's new. So you guys can be the first few to use our golf simulators! ~
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Benefit of Indoor Golf   Benefit of Indoor Golf I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 10:34 am

Lizardman wrote:
Is it true that golf simulators don't work for lefties?

Hi Lizardman,

Most simulators are not set up for lefties. I think City Golf and Urban Fairways are using the same system which allows for both left and right handed players.

Max swing at orchard has 1 room that both left and right can play, but since it is the biggest and most advanced room, highest price also.

For V Golf and Revo Golf, from what I saw right handers only (not completely sure about V golf, they have too many booths there).

Derek
Back to top Go down
Lizardman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Benefit of Indoor Golf   Benefit of Indoor Golf I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 11:50 am

Fusionize and Derek,
Thanks for your clarifications. I'm not a leftie but one of my kakis is. Hope to try out at your venues one of these days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Benefit of Indoor Golf   Benefit of Indoor Golf I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Benefit of Indoor Golf
Page 1 of 1