Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Will you play indoor golf lounge

Go down 
+24
Dan5
matoonia
pushslice
navik
ttkm
enwee
sywog
scarynight
hkhamateur
RoryChua
angyongshen
NovicePlayer
mulligan
TourSwing
BigblackGoof
pippin
danielleecm
Derek
rla
Duval_S
jeffman88
blong
LousyGolfer
Holesinwant
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Holesinwant
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Will you play indoor golf lounge Empty
PostSubject: Will you play indoor golf lounge   Will you play indoor golf lounge I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:23 am

Hi everyone,

I'm studying the feasibility of starting an indoor golf lounge, I heard these are everywhere in US and S.Korea but I don't really see them here in SG. There are some questions in my mind and I hope some folks here can give me opinions...Smile

Indoor golf lounge concept:

Golf simulators equipped with motion sensor and clubs, fitted in a drinking lounge. You can be golfing and boozing with friends in the comfort of air conditioning.

Questions:
1. Would you pay to play indoor golf?
2. If you would, what would be a reasonable fee?
3. What would you expect of the system - realistic simulation complete with swing analyzer etc or good enough to simulate a game?
4. Do you think you would patronize this concept frequently?
Back to top Go down
Holesinwant
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Will you play indoor golf lounge   Will you play indoor golf lounge I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:33 am

I've been discussing with some golfers and these are the Likes and Dislikes:

- it's two of my fave hobbies combined, beer and golf!
- air con, no need to walk, no need to wait...
- I can just pop by to play a round
- no need to coordinate with other friends
- less stressful than playing the real thing
- score and rules are auto played out
- it's not cheap but it's still cheaper than real golf

Dislikes:
- I'd rather go to the range and practice my swing
- nothing beats the real thing
- expensive leh...

So far more Likes over Dislikes...what do you think?
Back to top Go down
LousyGolfer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Will you play indoor golf lounge   Will you play indoor golf lounge I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 2:06 am

I used to frequent VirtualGolf near Bugis...not sure if it is still around

Loved it as can bring my 4 year old son there to whack balls. Very fun... he whack balls, I drink beer. Wife read magazine on couch and eat pizza.Like a great family outing (only that it is indoors).

However, looking at the space required and the amount of customers, it may be hard for the company to survive unless it has a loyal customer base as the novelty will wear off.
Back to top Go down
blong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Will you play indoor golf lounge   Will you play indoor golf lounge I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 5:47 am

check out altitude one, nice set up. I like it there, I'd go.
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Will you play indoor golf lounge   Will you play indoor golf lounge I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 6:08 am

Been to a couple.. One was V Golf in Bras Basah http://e-clubbing.com/review/v-golf-sports-bar/ which opened with quite a big bang a couple of years ago... i joined for a one year membership and then it shut down .. prob not enuf business to sustain .. quite sad .. Sad..... Nice simulators lots of space and other facilitites eg pool table darts etc

then theres another one called Swing Perfection somewhere in Killiney Rd which was quite good.. Reasonable F&B... that also closed shop this year according to its website http://www.swingperfection.com.sg/content.aspx?uc=10
Both were in town with parking fees and not v convenient parking esp on weekends...

Questions..
1. Would you pay to play indoor golf? yes
2. If you would, what would be a reasonable fee? $20-25 per hr plus annual membership say $200 with discount for drinks + booking priority
3. What would you expect of the system - realistic simulation complete with swing analyzer etc or good enough to simulate a game? yes good realistic simulator (like flightscope r trackman type) together with simulations of great golf courses around the world + selection of nice current golf clubs to use r BYO
4. Do you think you would patronize this concept frequently? sure but usually after work hours weekends esp if its raining LOL at least 2 times a month on average (I hope)
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Will you play indoor golf lounge   Will you play indoor golf lounge I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:40 am

Becos I could not get the 'full PGA card' this season like all other seasons, I can only play very selectively. Hence, i won't go indoor golf
Back to top Go down
rla
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Will you play indoor golf lounge   Will you play indoor golf lounge I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 9:40 am

Questions..
1. Would you pay to play indoor golf? Probably not...cos limited time to play golf...as much a possible every golf experiecne shuld be outdoor for me..
2. If you would, what would be a reasonable fee?Less than 10 per hr plus and 100 for annuanl memb.
3. What would you expect of the system - practice mode (Swing speed, meet rate, ball speed, carry distance, direction of shot...type of shot)..putting simulator...

4. Do you think you would patronize this concept frequently? probably during lunch to get a quick fix instead of the driving range..must have private rooms...so not so embaressing...
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Will you play indoor golf lounge   Will you play indoor golf lounge I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 10:35 am

Hi Holesinwant, perhaps we should have a chat about this? As you can't send PMs yet, could you make a few more post until that option is unlocked for you? I will PM you my number.

Alternatively, drop me an email at chanyk@mygolfkaki.com

Cheers!

Back to top Go down
danielleecm
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
danielleecm

PostSubject: Re: Will you play indoor golf lounge   Will you play indoor golf lounge I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 10:36 am

interesting concept if there is some popular courses and reasonable charges. It will also be great if there is a kids golfing area and hopefully not in town area as the rental will add cost to consumer.
This should also be in line with some gaming concept for prizes like the one from toa payoh range if i remember correctly. (think its not available recently).

My take:
1. Nice and realistic course.
2. Reasonable price such as $20 plus per hour. This can be done if setup done not in town and aircon or not is not important...
3. Promotion of prizes for gaming with friends. Such as HIO honor...
4. Can have some F&B and kids golfing area for family to gather....

Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Will you play indoor golf lounge   Will you play indoor golf lounge I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 11:11 am

I have a group of friends that golf regularly, out of this group about half don't mind meeting up at a screen golf place on weekday evenings and about 15% really liked screen golf, more as a game by itself, not so much a replacement for golf. Sometimes we were crazy enough to head there after an actual game to carry on drinking and playing.

The other half thought it was a complete waste of time

I think screen golf appeals to a certain demographic, and the key to success is identifying who they are, what they want and what they are willing to pay for.

Let's talk more in person.

Back to top Go down
pippin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
pippin

PostSubject: Re: Will you play indoor golf lounge   Will you play indoor golf lounge I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 11:25 am

Yes I would, especially in Dec when its raining season.

However, in my experience, such places are patronised by both golfers and none golfers...

So the atmosphere is abit casual.
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Will you play indoor golf lounge   Will you play indoor golf lounge I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 11:33 am

Such places are great when u feel the need to hit the golf clubs after 11pm Smile and hv a drink w frens Smile
Back to top Go down
BigblackGoof
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
BigblackGoof

PostSubject: Re: Will you play indoor golf lounge   Will you play indoor golf lounge I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:40 pm

I have been to the few that Jeffman mentioned, even the one at Gallery hotel many years back... however, these usually do not last very long, which is consistent with how the clubbing industry based on my interactions with many club owners. Anyway, i felt that as long as the place is nice and affordable to the general public, there will be people interested.

Questions:
1. Would you pay to play indoor golf? Yes, usually at night.
2. If you would, what would be a reasonable fee? $10-15/hr, or should be equivalent to a round of golf ie. $60-80 max for 5 hrs.
3. What would you expect of the system - realistic simulation complete with swing analyzer etc or good enough to simulate a game? Ideally yes to encourage people to try out. Better if you could have realistic golf course.
4. Do you think you would patronize this concept frequently? Maybe, depends on availability of the simulators also.

Good luck and all the best!
Back to top Go down
Holesinwant
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Will you play indoor golf lounge   Will you play indoor golf lounge I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 2:07 pm

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your opinions so far, these are great feedback for me. I will have to meditate on this for awhile. But yea, I think screen golf lacks the critical mass at this point in time unlike other countries where they have winter months which drive people indoors.

Anyway, do keep your comments coming. I'm gonna clarify my doubts with some suppliers these few days. These screens costs like $40k - $80k each...I wonder what's the diff?
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Will you play indoor golf lounge   Will you play indoor golf lounge I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 2:15 pm

Swingperfection and MaxSwing have closed down recently .. Suggest you speak candidly with their owners and see what issues they found difficult to overcome ... You may also be able to buy off their simulators at a good price Beer

I liked Swing Perfections simulators a lot http://www.hdgolf.com/

Back to top Go down
mulligan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
mulligan

PostSubject: Re: Will you play indoor golf lounge   Will you play indoor golf lounge I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 2:15 pm

answer = no
Back to top Go down
Holesinwant
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Will you play indoor golf lounge   Will you play indoor golf lounge I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 3:42 pm

mulligan wrote:
answer = no

Why?
Back to top Go down
NovicePlayer
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
NovicePlayer

PostSubject: Re: Will you play indoor golf lounge   Will you play indoor golf lounge I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 3:59 pm

i have played before...
Back to top Go down
Holesinwant
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Will you play indoor golf lounge   Will you play indoor golf lounge I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 1:16 am

Ok friends,

Thanks for your feedback so far. I've worked out a draft pricing, let me know your thoughts...

Off Peak Rates: $18/hr (mon - fri, 7am - 6pm)
Peak Rates: $25/hr (all other times)

Membership: $360/ann ($30/ mth)
- 2 hours free play per month
- enjoy members rate at $15/ $18 for off peak and peak periods respectively
- once a month members night, free play whole night

The place will sell booze and finger food as well. Possible locations are town and east coast.

Sounds like something you will do?
Back to top Go down
angyongshen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
angyongshen

PostSubject: Re: Will you play indoor golf lounge   Will you play indoor golf lounge I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 4:12 am

Holesinwant wrote:
Ok friends,

Thanks for your feedback so far. I've worked out a draft pricing, let me know your thoughts...

The place will sell booze and finger food as well. Possible locations are town and east coast.

Is it 24hrs? Would love to drop by to try it out. the charges is per pax I suppose? How is the parking availability? cheers
Back to top Go down
RoryChua
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Will you play indoor golf lounge   Will you play indoor golf lounge I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 5:54 am

east coast i will !!!!
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Will you play indoor golf lounge   Will you play indoor golf lounge I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 6:46 am

yups ur membership package looks reasonably attractive...
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Will you play indoor golf lounge   Will you play indoor golf lounge I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 7:47 am

Did tried out twice b4 on e credit card promo by HSBC n another card just cant rem e bank fr island par 3. Rolling Eyes
Interestg n pretty real. Laughing
So i dun mind hve a try fr it if its avail fr indoor full 18holes. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scarynight
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Will you play indoor golf lounge   Will you play indoor golf lounge I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 10:53 am

angyongshen wrote:
Holesinwant wrote:
Ok friends,

Is it 24hrs? Would love to drop by to try it out. the charges is per pax I suppose? How is the parking availability? cheers

Fwah... if its really 24hrs then my midnight golf itch finally got cure!
Back to top Go down
blong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Will you play indoor golf lounge   Will you play indoor golf lounge I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 am

East coast - yes, i stay there
Town - there are other choices, so not sure
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will you play indoor golf lounge   Will you play indoor golf lounge I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Will you play indoor golf lounge
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next