Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ST (6 May): Trespasser jailed, caned for attack at golf course

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
scotty2010
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

ST (6 May): Trespasser jailed, caned for attack at golf course Empty
PostSubject: ST (6 May): Trespasser jailed, caned for attack at golf course   ST (6 May): Trespasser jailed, caned for attack at golf course I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:25 am

Three young men who trespassed into a golf course at the SICC reacted violently when a golfer told them to leave. Mr Loh found the three men lying on the ground at a tee box on the golf course and told them that it was 'very dangerous to lie there'.

Mr Loh told them they were in a private club, before he raised his voice and told them to leave. Mr Tan collapsed after being struck on the head with the golf club.

Yesterday, Deputy Public Prosecutor Serene Seet said the use of the golf club was an aggravating factor. The attacker could have been jailed for up to seven years and caned for causing hurt with a dangerous weapon.

What would you (the golfer) have done in this situation?
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: ST (6 May): Trespasser jailed, caned for attack at golf course   ST (6 May): Trespasser jailed, caned for attack at golf course I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:41 am

Actually ha, how did the 3 guys who are sleeping get hold of the golf club to strike the golfer?
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: ST (6 May): Trespasser jailed, caned for attack at golf course   ST (6 May): Trespasser jailed, caned for attack at golf course I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:46 am

dunno about you guys but I would just tee off and tell the first marshal I see ... after all we play golf to enjoy ourselves, golf is hard enough as it is, no need to get affected by unnecessary external factors ...
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

PostSubject: Re: ST (6 May): Trespasser jailed, caned for attack at golf course   ST (6 May): Trespasser jailed, caned for attack at golf course I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 11:43 am

Just let the employee of the club do what they r paid to do. Some ppl really wan to act like taikors. Same with slow Play. Some ppl harass the front group by teeing off just because they are a bit slow. Smart meh? Let the club officials do their work. What are security guards for in the case mentioned above?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ST (6 May): Trespasser jailed, caned for attack at golf course   ST (6 May): Trespasser jailed, caned for attack at golf course I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ST (6 May): Trespasser jailed, caned for attack at golf course
Page 1 of 1