Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Woods shaft length

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

Woods shaft length Empty
PostSubject: Woods shaft length   Woods shaft length I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 3:06 pm

Hi, I am abt 1.65m and wrist to floor is abt 80cm (33inches)

Shld my driver length be 43inches?
Shld my 3 woods length be 42 inches?

What are the ideal (textbook) lengths for someone my height?

Can I just simply hold the club lower into the grip? will it affect anything?

Thks for advise....
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Woods shaft length Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woods shaft length   Woods shaft length I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 3:25 pm

Driver used to be 43 inch in the 80s, so there is no rule that you cannot use a driver that length and it doesn't mean you will lose the distance as a result. you have have more confidence in your setup and freedom to swing, a shorter driver may be just the right thing for those who has problem with the driver. Hence it is common for some to hit their 3 wood more convincingly than their driver.

in my opinion, a shorter driver will help you cut out the slice which affects most golfers out there.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

Woods shaft length Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woods shaft length   Woods shaft length I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 10:27 pm

Thanks for the advise DGMan. I will try in the mean time to choke first. Once I am convinced, I will pay you a visit to get a cut. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

Woods shaft length Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woods shaft length   Woods shaft length I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 10:46 pm

DGman wrote:
Driver used to be 43 inch in the 80s, so there is no rule that you cannot use a driver that length and it doesn't mean you will lose the distance as a result. you have have more confidence in your setup and freedom to swing, a shorter driver may be just the right thing for those who has problem with the driver. Hence it is common for some to hit their 3 wood more convincingly than their driver.

in my opinion, a shorter driver will help you cut out the slice which affects most golfers out there.

DGman

I totally agree Eric. Most golfers drivers are way too long and hence too hard to control. Choking down is a great way to get it back under control and for most, the ball will go the same distance, if not further due to better impact.....more importantly, it will be on the fairway more often.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

Woods shaft length Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woods shaft length   Woods shaft length I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 10:53 pm

It does make sense that choking down will be much easier to control for golfers having problems with their driver. And I have seen some golfers doing so, thus proving the point.
Hmmmm....then why are manufacturers persisting with producing longer driver shafts over the years??? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Woods shaft length Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woods shaft length   Woods shaft length I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Woods shaft length
Page 1 of 1