Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reducing the shaft length of a 3 hybrid

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
yogibear
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
yogibear

Reducing the shaft length of a 3 hybrid Empty
PostSubject: Reducing the shaft length of a 3 hybrid   Reducing the shaft length of a 3 hybrid I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 6:40 am

Hi, 

Need some advice here. If i buy a 3 hybrid say the 915H 21 degrees and i reduce the shaft length by 2 inches to 38". Do I need to bring it to a club fitter to balance the head? Or i can just fit the head back on the shorter shaft n play.... 

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Reducing the shaft length of a 3 hybrid   Reducing the shaft length of a 3 hybrid I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 12:02 am

Wouldn't it depend on whether you like how the club feels after you shorten it? The balance (swing weight) will definitely change, but whether you prefer it or not is unknown until you've tried it.
Back to top Go down
gingerus
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Reducing the shaft length of a 3 hybrid   Reducing the shaft length of a 3 hybrid I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 8:48 am

why not just buy a 4 or 5 hybrid instead if the shaft length is a problem for you?
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Reducing the shaft length of a 3 hybrid   Reducing the shaft length of a 3 hybrid I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 9:43 am

head balance , you mean swing weight?  many fitters have told me swing weight, while fixed, is a variable opinion in the golfer's head. meaning said golfer may feel a lighter or heavier swing weight is correct on any given day.
 it matters more how the overall club feels over a few games in your hands. 

I think most of the clubs on our shores are set to Caucasian heights and specs.  so cutting or choking down on the clubs makes sense to me.
Back to top Go down
yogibear
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
yogibear

PostSubject: Re: Reducing the shaft length of a 3 hybrid   Reducing the shaft length of a 3 hybrid I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 10:06 am

My current 5 iron is 37.5(length) and 25 degrees loft. So if i wanna get a hybrid 4, it should be 21-22 degrees with length 38". At least that's how i want it. 

Looking at the available hybrids off the shelves, those w 21-22 degree loft will prob be a hybrid 3 and 40" in length. Thats y i have the thought of shortening the shaft. 

Time to do some shopping. Tks peeps.
Back to top Go down
Kaii
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Reducing the shaft length of a 3 hybrid   Reducing the shaft length of a 3 hybrid I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 10:11 am

perhaps this might help

http://blog.hirekogolf.com/2007/11/what-length-golf-clubs-do-you-need/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reducing the shaft length of a 3 hybrid   Reducing the shaft length of a 3 hybrid I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reducing the shaft length of a 3 hybrid
Page 1 of 1