Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

10 Double Bogeys in one round

Go down 
+14
slinger
daveaha
sandkie
Cyp_PGA
ghoonk
vyeo
andrew-golf
Winston
Duval_S
Technospaz
JohnBGLee
mUAr_cHEe
helmeahmad
jurongtiger
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

10 Double Bogeys in one round Empty
PostSubject: 10 Double Bogeys in one round   10 Double Bogeys in one round I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 2:31 am

I am very sad today.

Drivers all slice.

Irons dun fly.

Chips always short.

Sad
Back to top Go down
helmeahmad
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: 10 Double Bogeys in one round   10 Double Bogeys in one round I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 2:52 am

Relax bro, it happens to everybody. I been in your shoe before. It very frustating. Thing will get better next time. Cheer up!
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: 10 Double Bogeys in one round   10 Double Bogeys in one round I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 3:28 am

I am still very sad.

I cannot sleep tonight.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: 10 Double Bogeys in one round   10 Double Bogeys in one round I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 5:55 am

why sad? I am sure you broke your high score... Smile

life goes on lah... on a note.. was just flipping thru channels last night then I was watching this piece about Sergio's throw club antics vs. KJ Choi's Zen play... well... guess who did better this year so far?
Back to top Go down
JohnBGLee
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JohnBGLee

PostSubject: Re: 10 Double Bogeys in one round   10 Double Bogeys in one round I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 7:33 am

You forgot to mention the 8 birdies you have to compensate for the 10 double Bogeys.

What is that to be sad ? This is golf.

Once I lost five balls in the first nine. One of the hole - three balls. Shocked

Cheer Up. Will be better next game.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: 10 Double Bogeys in one round   10 Double Bogeys in one round I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 9:50 am

Not too long ago, I had a round with Choco, Kat and Mloy where my game just went on its own private rampage. Nothing I did worked. I lost 6 balls (or was it more?) on the first nine.

What did I learn from it all?

1. Golf is a game where you play against yourself and (you need to remember this), sometimes you lose BADLY. Take the nicks and move on.

2. Don't think that you can beat Kat and Mloy. I made that mistake... I'm still paying off the Ah Longs.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: 10 Double Bogeys in one round   10 Double Bogeys in one round I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 12:32 pm

Quote :
jurongtiger wrote:
I am very sad today.

Drivers all slice.

Irons dun fly.

Chips always short.

Sad

Wah...based on my Zen golf philosophy...you might have been spendng too many good shots on range...the cure..is to avoid range.

Alternatively, since you had gotten out so many bad shots in this game, the next game you will likely be awesome!!!

In conclusion, don worry bro...life is fair..next game you will be awesome!!!! for me, I tell myself, golf is a journey..with no end...tomorrow is always better
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: 10 Double Bogeys in one round   10 Double Bogeys in one round I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 2:15 pm

Duval is 100% correct. Played with Pushslice broke 105 first time. Very next game came back with 128.... Sad Suspect scratch
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: 10 Double Bogeys in one round   10 Double Bogeys in one round I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 6:03 pm

wah lao eh... relaz bro..

Today i played 5 pars and 1 birdie... but....

I blew 4 holes (double par) and plenty of bogeys and double bogeys...

This is golf...

relaz and play again casually without stress! Loosen muecles then ball will fly!!
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: 10 Double Bogeys in one round   10 Double Bogeys in one round I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 7:08 pm

I was watching the Zurich Classis these few days as well.

Man, Sergio looks lost. From Vardon Grip to interlocking and back again.

On Thursday first round, I saw many situations he was in that reminds us that they are human after all. On one hole, he went to the right rough, holes to the right but block by a tree.

He was playing a big fade to clear that tree with his woods. Took the gamble and true enough the ball rebound off that tree and land 70 yards behind him. Bogey that hole I think.

On another hole, he caught the fairway bunker and his 2second shot landed 100 yds into the next greenside bunker.

Took a bogey for that I think.

Human.

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
why sad? I am sure you broke your high score... Smile

life goes on lah... on a note.. was just flipping thru channels last night then I was watching this piece about Sergio's throw club antics vs. KJ Choi's Zen play... well... guess who did better this year so far?
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: 10 Double Bogeys in one round   10 Double Bogeys in one round I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 7:10 pm

Appreciate all the thoughts.

I am bracing myself and playing my 6th round in 11 days tomorrow.

#*($#^^$#@$#(U$@(U()!U@#!
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: 10 Double Bogeys in one round   10 Double Bogeys in one round I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 7:12 pm

jurongtiger wrote:
Appreciate all the thoughts.

I am bracing myself and playing my 6th round in 11 days tomorrow.

#*($#^^$#@$#(U$@(U()!U@#!

Bro be sure to intro yourself..

i be there too..
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: 10 Double Bogeys in one round   10 Double Bogeys in one round I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 7:18 pm

You will be playing with me???
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: 10 Double Bogeys in one round   10 Double Bogeys in one round I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 7:20 pm

i dun think so. but sure will bump into each other before and after the game ma...
Back to top Go down
vyeo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: 10 Double Bogeys in one round   10 Double Bogeys in one round I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 7:24 pm

It is probably a measure of my (in)ability to play golf that I would quite gladly take 18 double bogeys, because it would give me a score of 108. I still can't break 110! Smile
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: 10 Double Bogeys in one round   10 Double Bogeys in one round I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 7:31 pm

hhehe bro, I am playing in Abu Dhabi

andrew-golf wrote:
i dun think so. but sure will bump into each other before and after the game ma...
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: 10 Double Bogeys in one round   10 Double Bogeys in one round I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 8:13 pm

JT, overplaying, over-practicing can also screw up your game.

When you're back, we find one day and go practice together. Either at my club or yours, but game plan would be focus on grooving the swing, not seeing how far we can hit. Our problem these days is caused by trying to HIT the ball, which results in a failure to release the club through impact.

I'm equally guilty of these faults, and I think there is much opportunity for improvement if we practice together. You have a fundamentally good swing, and your practice swing shows it. In fact, I would say that you generate far more clubhead speed and better release in your practice swing, and I'm willing to bet that you fear hooking your shot more than you hate that driver/hybrid slice of yours.
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: 10 Double Bogeys in one round   10 Double Bogeys in one round I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 9:00 pm

mate , after a game like that i will take pen n blank paper n say for every hole where it go n wat i did wrong ... n after that i work on driving range n putting maybe take 2hour to 5 hour just to get back .... but pro call hit black out memorie muscle
Back to top Go down
sandkie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
sandkie

PostSubject: Re: 10 Double Bogeys in one round   10 Double Bogeys in one round I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 10:16 pm

It happens to me one of the day too where I completely lost my swing. But I got it back after one night sleep.

Hearing you I feel sadder that I never have a chance to play 6th round in 11 days. Sad
I think I rather am in your shoe playing that often with one bad round, rather than what I am doing now.. typing in forum but no next game in sight.

Thought for your next round should be better than last round... not difficult right? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: 10 Double Bogeys in one round   10 Double Bogeys in one round I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 12:04 am

JT has very very good fundamentals, I just think he tries too hard when he's over the ball on the actual swing. His practice swings are picture perfect - perfect takeaway, perfect lag on the downswing, perfect release and timing, and perfect follow-through. But over the ball, on the actual swing, he's got a lot of swing thoughts and his movements become robotic and no longer as natural as his practice swings
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: 10 Double Bogeys in one round   10 Double Bogeys in one round I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 12:06 am

ghoonk wrote:
JT has very very good fundamentals, I just think he tries too hard when he's over the ball on the actual swing. His practice swings are picture perfect - perfect takeaway, perfect lag on the downswing, perfect release and timing, and perfect follow-through. But over the ball, on the actual swing, he's got a lot of swing thoughts and his movements become robotic and no longer as natural as his practice swings

People always comment that I have good practice swing too.

But once hitting the actual ball - the goodness gone.

Now, how to transfer good practice swing to the actual swing ? Always puzzles me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: 10 Double Bogeys in one round   10 Double Bogeys in one round I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 12:20 am

daveaha wrote:
ghoonk wrote:

People always comment that I have good practice swing too.

But once hitting the actual ball - the goodness gone.

Now, how to transfer good practice swing to the actual swing ? Always puzzles me.

That difference Betwenn Pro N Single Handicapt to A Medium to high handicapt ....

the pro n single handicapt will hv same routine n same tempo for practice swin n swing as his swing his compact n less movement n dont try to get distance BUT ACCURACY

Most medium n hight handicapt i play with always ask me this hw to get longer .... u got to keep ur tempo n swing same from practice to ball n always same rountine for everything ... n check ur set up is 80% of mistake is base on set up

Golf Is Game Of Accuracy ... That Y some Old Man Of 65 Sometime Better Than 18 Year guy because shorter but always fairway
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: 10 Double Bogeys in one round   10 Double Bogeys in one round I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 12:21 am

Not sure if this works for you, but it works for me:

Every time I get on the practice range, my mentality is to hit the ball to the target, so what I end up doing is hitting the ball rather than grooving my swing. As a result, when I fail to hit the target, either left, right or short, I subconsciously tweak my swing so I land the ball where I want it to land, instead of building proper swing mechanics

To solve this problem, during practice, I tell myself that the goal of the session is to BUILD MY SWING. I step up to the practice area, get my practice swing into the groove, then get over the ball and try it hit it with a practice swing, with less regard for accuracy/distance, and more attention paid to grooving the swing.

Yes, the first 10-15 balls will tend to be all over the place with the given club, but once my timing gets better, i find myself striking the ball better. There are even days where I can start my first 50 balls going anywhere but the target, but I persist and focus on the strike rather than looking up the see where the ball ended up.

In the end, I end up building my swing, rather than focusing on immediate results, which means that when I step onto the course, I bring my swing there -- what worked in the past at the range, trying to hit balls to a target at the cost of building a repeatable swing, rarely ever worked on the course.
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: 10 Double Bogeys in one round   10 Double Bogeys in one round I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 12:47 am

YOu are very encouraging bro.

I hop eot have a better day tomorrow at Saadiyat before I return home!

ghoonk wrote:
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: 10 Double Bogeys in one round   10 Double Bogeys in one round I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 12:58 am

JT, just enjoy yourself tomorrow. When you keep putting pressure on yourself, you stop enjoying the game. Relax, and have fun. That's how I was playing yesterday as well. Was running a fever and throat infection, so I figured that I wasn't going to be playing at my 'best', so I took it easy and swung a bit more relaxed, and I think that kinda helped my game a bit

For putting, I've decided for the time being to put everything else out of my mind. Just a quick read, step up, one or two practice swings to get a feel of the distance, and just putt. Not thinking about alignment this, hand position that, etc etc. Just putt and trust my instincts. I suck bad when I become too mechanical with my putting. Maybe this will work for you too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 10 Double Bogeys in one round   10 Double Bogeys in one round I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

10 Double Bogeys in one round
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next