Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

stiff vs regular shaft

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cyruz_s
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
cyruz_s

stiff vs regular shaft Empty
PostSubject: stiff vs regular shaft   stiff vs regular shaft I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 5:32 pm

hi.. got 2 qns..

1. Whats the diff between a stiff and regular shaft ? Thinking of getting a hybrid but it comes only w stiff shaft not sure how it'd feel....

2. is 3balls.com a local website or overseas ? any comments so far on its products/service etc ?
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: stiff vs regular shaft   stiff vs regular shaft I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 6:15 pm

replies in same sequence:

1. regular is more flexi than stiff.....but don worry about that....try both and see which suit your swing....then determine and BUY based on that.

2. angmoh site....many bros and sistas had purchased there....b4...
Back to top Go down
rangereye
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
rangereye

PostSubject: Re: stiff vs regular shaft   stiff vs regular shaft I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 6:16 pm

based on what little i know...

1. diff between a stiff & regular that is printed on the shaft is just the wordings.. dun really mean much as there is no industry standards on what is stiff and what is regular so some manufacturer's regular flex can be another manufacturer's stiff flex or vice versa. It would make more sense to discuss based on CPM or cycle per minute of the shaft which can be measured easily if you have the right equipment. (what is CPM? do a search and you should be able to locate a thread previously started that talked about it.) The most basic way to know (imo), try out the shaft and see your ball dispersion. The more appropriate and recommended way, see a fitter to get the most appropriate measurement.

case in point, I had a 3 wood that was of a regular flex shaft but when I check the cpm of the 3 wood and realised that the reading is quite close to my driver which is shafted with a stiff flex shaft

2. 3balls is a US site if I'm not wrong.. no inputs as i have not used them..

just my mini cents..
Back to top Go down
http://www.wizgolf.com.sg
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: stiff vs regular shaft   stiff vs regular shaft I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 6:45 pm

3balls is great.....the popular stuff are not the cheapest but the less popular stuff (eg LH clubs) are dirt cheap. Service and delivery are no1. Got a $5 LH Ben Hogan hybrid for my friend (ofcourse best if u buy a few clubs at one go, save on the shipping)

3balls are all US specs. Got a few hybrids & drivers from 3balls and the stock stiff shaft is quite stiff (good cause i play steel shaft in my irons, so the hybrid dont feel so weird). Even the Nike Sumo5900 stock stiff shaft US spec (known to be soft) is OK for me. Measure to 240+ CPM. My Adams 9015D stock stiff US spec (also known to be a bit soft) measured to 250+ CPM (could not hit it initially)

I guess those numbers are soft to the stronger ang mos but plenty stiff for us.

Also check the weight of the shaft if its an OEM shaft.

Dont rely on the Asian spec flex as comparison.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stiff vs regular shaft   stiff vs regular shaft I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

stiff vs regular shaft
Page 1 of 1