Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster

Go down 
+16
Cornball
Technospaz
jaketang
benhogan
jurongtiger
ghoonk
galileo
ralphlim
scubawun
mUAr_cHEe
nrafee
crystal_tiong
vyvy
helmeahmad
golfbeginner
TNRM
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster   How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 5:05 pm

ghoonk wrote:
TNRM, every time I read you post, it makes me realize that however shitty my day gets, it doesn't get worse that what you went through. my sympathies to you, man

JT, we are playing Saturday, 2 pm flight. you and I so far, but I can rope in more kakis if you like Smile I get to sleep longer on Saturday morning.

Friday flight is for the monthly medal tournament.

Tired of the RS4, so selling it and getting something a bit more 'uncle', hence the Audi S6. Razz

S6! Sweeet.

U and I will do la. 2 balls play faster. Still have to report to wife after game. Being playing for the last 2 weekends liao... Smile

So you chose the more challenging course in Jumeirah ah! hehehe. With my standard, it doesnt matter too much...
Back to top Go down
Cornball
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster   How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 5:38 pm

TNRM: Man.... that's bad.. School hols are bad news. I once waited 2.5 hours at the 2nd link on the msian side just to get in.

And i thought my weekend was bad cos i didnt manage to go range this weekend.
Back to top Go down
TNRM
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TNRM

PostSubject: Re: How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster   How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 5:43 pm

Cornball: Agreed totally. The traffic situation at the border crossings are so variable, it's not funny. Even if the traffic is light, the Singapore side will find a way to screw things up. They'll do it by only opening 2 immigration counters or having all traffic route through 1 lane for customs clearance etc. Compared to the Malaysia side, we are pretty pathetic.
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster   How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 5:47 pm

jurongtiger wrote:
ghoonk wrote:
TNRM, every time I read you post, it makes me realize that however shitty my day gets, it doesn't get worse that what you went through. my sympathies to you, man

JT, we are playing Saturday, 2 pm flight. you and I so far, but I can rope in more kakis if you like Smile I get to sleep longer on Saturday morning.

Tired of the RS4, so selling it and getting something a bit more 'uncle', hence the Audi S6. Razz

S6! Sweeet.

U and I will do la. 2 balls play faster. Still have to report to wife after game. Being playing for the last 2 weekends liao... Smile

So you chose the more challenging course in Jumeirah ah! hehehe. With my standard, it doesnt matter too much...

Both courses are just as challenging. On Fire course, if your ball lands in the tall grass, it's not easy to play out of either, lots of tangled vines in there. Bunkers are positioned around 220 yds to 270 yds off the blue tees (Tournament tees) so either you drive accurate, long or short. Bunkers are also fairly deep, so it's as good as a 1-stroke penalty if your ball lands in one. Greenside bunkers on Earth are powdery, while the ones on Fire seem more firm/damp.

Ground is a little firmer than The Els Club, so you can really attack the ball and get good compression on your irons

@TNRM : every time i come back to Singapore, the one thing I dread about playing in Malaysia is the causeway/2nd link fiasco -- all those booths open, and yet still so slow. My kakis and I got stuck in a jam for over 2 hours once, really unforgettable. Many people tell me that it is actually faster to go play in Bintan!
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster   How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 5:59 pm

ghoonk wrote:
jurongtiger wrote:
ghoonk wrote:

S6! Sweeet.

So mr Ghoonk, which sets are you gonna use this weekend? I wanna take yours and play a few balls leh. hehee

Both courses are just as challenging. On Fire course, if your ball lands in the tall grass, it's not easy to play out of either, lots of tangled vines in there. Bunkers are positioned around 220 yds to 270 yds off the blue tees (Tournament tees) so either you drive accurate, long or short. Bunkers are also fairly deep, so it's as good as a 1-stroke penalty if your ball lands in one. Greenside bunkers on Earth are powdery, while the ones on Fire seem more firm/damp.

Ground is a little firmer than The Els Club, so you can really attack the ball and get good compression on your irons

@TNRM : every time i come back to Singapore, the one thing I dread about playing in Malaysia is the causeway/2nd link fiasco -- all those booths open, and yet still so slow. My kakis and I got stuck in a jam for over 2 hours once, really unforgettable. Many people tell me that it is actually faster to go play in Bintan!
Back to top Go down
St. MIG
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
St. MIG

PostSubject: Re: How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster   How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 6:07 pm

TNRM wrote:
How did you golf games over the weekend go? Anything that could go wrong went wrong for my Sat game. Check this out:

1. Drove across the island to pick-up golf kaki. Waited 45 mins and he didn't wake up. Left without him.

2. Reached woodlands checkpoint later than planned and got stuck in long tailback jam due to start of school holidays.

3. On downhill slope to Singapore immigration, Malaysian car hits my bumper. In order not to hold up traffic, I told him to meet me after immigration to have a chat and he says ok. Thereafter he disappears.

4. Late for tee time and long queue at tee box.

5. Stuck behind super slow flight (machiam putting for a major on the pro tour. 1 guy even did a Villegas + plumb bob + 360 deg survey). Super slow putters and spraying all over the place + not long off tee, yet all wanna play off blue tee box = 5.5 hour round.

6. On way back to SIN after game, decided to go for coffee to cool down. Called friend to meet me there. Decided to go via Tuas to reduce waiting time.

7. Tuas checkpoint had only 1 person doing customs check and another 5 more supervising using eye-power. 30 mins to clear customs.

8. On AYE got stuck in 20 min jam due to 3 car butt-wacking accident on AYE.

9. Ended up at Highlander late by 1 hour and friend already finished coffee.

How’s that for a day?

I thought you gave up golf afro
Back to top Go down
http://www.miguellim.weebly.com
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster   How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 6:18 pm

mine is the worst.......no time to play golf.......at home doing work
Back to top Go down
mojojojo
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper
mojojojo

PostSubject: Re: How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster   How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 6:36 pm

tronos wrote:
mine is the worst.......no time to play golf.......at home doing work

lol! that is worst ROFL
Back to top Go down
Ant
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Ant

PostSubject: Re: How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster   How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 7:09 pm

Had mine in Tokyo. such a nice course but the wind was damm strong.. hit straight at the pin only to find the wind took it & send it into the water... damm frustrating... then it is whole day trying to play against the wind......aiming off left or right of pin at ridiculous angle... needless to said - the score also "gone with the wind.." Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster   How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2