Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster

Go down 
+16
Cornball
Technospaz
jaketang
benhogan
jurongtiger
ghoonk
galileo
ralphlim
scubawun
mUAr_cHEe
nrafee
crystal_tiong
vyvy
helmeahmad
golfbeginner
TNRM
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TNRM
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TNRM

How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster Empty
PostSubject: How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster   How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:20 am

How did you golf games over the weekend go? Anything that could go wrong went wrong for my Sat game. Check this out:

1. Drove across the island to pick-up golf kaki. Waited 45 mins and he didn't wake up. Left without him.

2. Reached woodlands checkpoint later than planned and got stuck in long tailback jam due to start of school holidays.

3. On downhill slope to Singapore immigration, Malaysian car hits my bumper. In order not to hold up traffic, I told him to meet me after immigration to have a chat and he says ok. Thereafter he disappears.

4. Late for tee time and long queue at tee box.

5. Stuck behind super slow flight (machiam putting for a major on the pro tour. 1 guy even did a Villegas + plumb bob + 360 deg survey). Super slow putters and spraying all over the place + not long off tee, yet all wanna play off blue tee box = 5.5 hour round.

6. On way back to SIN after game, decided to go for coffee to cool down. Called friend to meet me there. Decided to go via Tuas to reduce waiting time.

7. Tuas checkpoint had only 1 person doing customs check and another 5 more supervising using eye-power. 30 mins to clear customs.

8. On AYE got stuck in 20 min jam due to 3 car butt-wacking accident on AYE.

9. Ended up at Highlander late by 1 hour and friend already finished coffee.

How’s that for a day?
Back to top Go down
golfbeginner
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
golfbeginner

PostSubject: Re: How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster   How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:26 am

Except for my game is disatrous, all other was well What a Face

but your encounter was ultimate!!!
Back to top Go down
helmeahmad
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster   How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:27 am

THAT'S SUCKS MAN!
Back to top Go down
vyvy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
vyvy

PostSubject: Re: How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster   How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:30 am

wow.. that is really BAD luck..
I only couldnt finish my 18 holes due to the rain. =(
compared to you, it isnt that bad i guess.
Back to top Go down
crystal_tiong
Caddy
Caddy
crystal_tiong

PostSubject: Re: How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster   How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:36 am

TNRM

wow , u so sway leh ..... haiz .....
my game in Royal Johor was so challenging , walked uphills n downhills ...
Heng, my balls can fly uphill .....
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster   How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:44 am

Sorry to hear that TNRM,
Dun get too upset, look on the bright side of things.
Not worth getting upset, not good for health.
Back to top Go down
TNRM
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TNRM

PostSubject: Re: How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster   How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:47 am

Super sway man. Should have bought toto or 4D. Sure strike in reverse.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster   How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 11:15 am

Mine sucked too...

No more Hole-In-One(s)...

nb.
Back to top Go down
scubawun
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster   How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 11:47 am

i feel for you bro, when it rains, sometimes, it pours.

when days like these come by, i remind myself that having the luxury to be able to spare the time and cash and have the good health to hit a few balls on a weekend morning.... i have a lot to be thankful for.

then everything doesn't look too bad!

Smile
Back to top Go down
TNRM
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TNRM

PostSubject: Re: How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster   How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 11:52 am

scubawun: Yeah, you're right. I know I should count my blessings. Just that when a confluence of shitty events happen all all the same time, sorta ruins the anticipation built up during the week.

Having said all that, my day ended up great with a nice relaxing dinner and drinks with the folks, and sibs over at my place.
Back to top Go down
ralphlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ralphlim

PostSubject: Re: How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster   How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 12:54 pm

what an experience man, a real case of Murphy's Law

most suay is the Malaysian car hitting your bumper and running off, hope the damage is not too serious...
Back to top Go down
galileo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster   How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 1:04 pm

Did you get a picture of the malaysian car?? maybe can make a report in sg and stop him at the custom.. not sure if this will work
Back to top Go down
TNRM
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TNRM

PostSubject: Re: How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster   How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 1:10 pm

ralph & galileo: Got a pic of the Malaysia car, but as the damage isn't too severe, I''ll let karma catch up with the chap. My manhours in chasing this up just ain't worth it.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster   How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 1:17 pm

so what did u shoot? decent, I hope...
Back to top Go down
TNRM
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TNRM

PostSubject: Re: How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster   How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 1:20 pm

muar chee: Played white tees at Palm Melati and the driver didn't once leave the bag. Used 3 wood only once. Wanted to concentrate on getting ball striking back. Shot 97 I think, cause of some stupid blown up holes but an overall ok day, nothing spectacular. How was your game over the weekend (apart from the hole-on-one)?
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster   How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 1:28 pm

it was good. ball striking is coming back to me. hit alot of good shots. but just not used to playing in windy conditions with super fast greens.

Shot between 95 to 88.

I actually hate to say this but it has been so long and I actually forgot how good it feels to play in shorts and with an un-tucked shirt.
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster   How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 1:43 pm

Played pretty okay on Friday and Saturday at the Fire course on Jumeirah Golf Estates. Finally realized why my drives were slicing -- standing too far from the ball. After that got fixed

Ballstriking with my irons is much better now, and I nailed a couple of good shots. Quite a few GIRs this time, but either putting let me down or I GIR'd on the wrong end of the greens.

Nearly chipped in twice (thanks to shorthitter for the chipping lesson in December!), once with a LW that bounced off the flagstick, and another that landed 2 inches from the cup.

Didn't drown any balls this time around, though, so I'm pretty happy. Going to play again this weekend, probably on the Earth course where 2009's Race to Dubai event in the PGA European Tour was played and won by Lee Westwood. Hopefully I will start shooting better scores as this is a pretty long course to play with lots of wind Razz
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster   How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 1:55 pm

ghoonk wrote:
Played pretty okay on Friday and Saturday at the Fire course on Jumeirah Golf Estates. Finally realized why my drives were slicing -- standing too far from the ball. After that got fixed

Ballstriking with my irons is much better now, and I nailed a couple of good shots. Quite a few GIRs this time, but either putting let me down or I GIR'd on the wrong end of the greens.

Nearly chipped in twice (thanks to shorthitter for the chipping lesson in December!), once with a LW that bounced off the flagstick, and another that landed 2 inches from the cup.

Didn't drown any balls this time around, though, so I'm pretty happy. Going to play again this weekend, probably on the Earth course where 2009's Race to Dubai event in the PGA European Tour was played and won by Lee Westwood. Hopefully I will start shooting better scores as this is a pretty long course to play with lots of wind Razz

I will help you keep score. haha
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster   How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:00 pm

Earth course is not easy to play. Fairways are pretty narrow and the damn course is LONG. No GPS in the carts, so it's all player. I can't even get a GPS rangefinder cos the course is that new.... not much water, but landing the ball in the wood chips means that you won't be advancing it far, so course management is key.

Can't wait for the weekend. There's a monthly medal this Friday that I'm joining with some friends, then go home, catch an afternoon nap, then play the round with you in the afternoon. With some luck, I'll be collecting my Audi S6 from the dealership after our round Smile
Back to top Go down
benhogan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster   How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:28 pm

Joined a 3 ball flight in MBGC, went home after 9 holes...more productive staying in the office.
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster   How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:49 pm

goosh...after reading this, I notice tht I have not been golfing for the last 3 weekends. tht's bad.... Sad
not sure if I still remb how to play... sigh
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster   How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 4:12 pm

TNRM wrote:
How did you golf games over the weekend go? Anything that could go wrong went wrong for my Sat game. Check this out:

1. Drove across the island to pick-up golf kaki. Waited 45 mins and he didn't wake up. Left without him.

2. Reached woodlands checkpoint later than planned and got stuck in long tailback jam due to start of school holidays.

3. On downhill slope to Singapore immigration, Malaysian car hits my bumper. In order not to hold up traffic, I told him to meet me after immigration to have a chat and he says ok. Thereafter he disappears.

4. Late for tee time and long queue at tee box.

5. Stuck behind super slow flight (machiam putting for a major on the pro tour. 1 guy even did a Villegas + plumb bob + 360 deg survey). Super slow putters and spraying all over the place + not long off tee, yet all wanna play off blue tee box = 5.5 hour round.

6. On way back to SIN after game, decided to go for coffee to cool down. Called friend to meet me there. Decided to go via Tuas to reduce waiting time.

7. Tuas checkpoint had only 1 person doing customs check and another 5 more supervising using eye-power. 30 mins to clear customs.

8. On AYE got stuck in 20 min jam due to 3 car butt-wacking accident on AYE.

9. Ended up at Highlander late by 1 hour and friend already finished coffee.

How’s that for a day?

Even reading it pains me. All I can say is that things get better. Don't let days like these spoil your whole week - methinks it was also the school hols which caused a lot of the delays. I'm sure things will pick up Smile
Back to top Go down
TNRM
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TNRM

PostSubject: Re: How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster   How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 4:15 pm

Technospaz: Thanks for commiserations...
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster   How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 4:29 pm

ghoonk wrote:
Earth course is not easy to play. Fairways are pretty narrow and the damn course is LONG. No GPS in the carts, so it's all player. I can't even get a GPS rangefinder cos the course is that new.... not much water, but landing the ball in the wood chips means that you won't be advancing it far, so course management is key.

Can't wait for the weekend. There's a monthly medal this Friday that I'm joining with some friends, then go home, catch an afternoon nap, then play the round with you in the afternoon. With some luck, I'll be collecting my Audi S6 from the dealership after our round Smile

Eh... we are playing Saturday not Friday right? So you can sleep for a long time.

What S6? Du sponsored car?
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster   How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 5:01 pm

TNRM, every time I read you post, it makes me realize that however shitty my day gets, it doesn't get worse that what you went through. my sympathies to you, man

JT, we are playing Saturday, 2 pm flight. you and I so far, but I can rope in more kakis if you like Smile I get to sleep longer on Saturday morning.

Friday flight is for the monthly medal tournament.

Tired of the RS4, so selling it and getting something a bit more 'uncle', hence the Audi S6. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster   How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Was Everyone's Weekend Game? - Mine Was a Complete Disaster
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next