Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should Cristie Kerr Been Given a Free Drop at the Final Round of Hole 17?

Go down 
+4
asahi
Winston
eiji
X-Man
8 posters
AuthorMessage
X-Man
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
X-Man

Should Cristie Kerr Been Given a Free Drop at the Final Round of Hole 17? Empty
PostSubject: Should Cristie Kerr Been Given a Free Drop at the Final Round of Hole 17?   Should Cristie Kerr Been Given a Free Drop at the Final Round of Hole 17? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 2:32 pm

Did you guys see the official give Cristie Kerr a free drop on hole 17? The reason was because of the red ants on the cable?

Personally I feel she had a BIG advantage from the free drop.... if she wins the cup I feel so sorry for Ai Miyazato...
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Should Cristie Kerr Been Given a Free Drop at the Final Round of Hole 17?   Should Cristie Kerr Been Given a Free Drop at the Final Round of Hole 17? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 2:47 pm

the rules official deem it was a free drop, so she gets a lucky break
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: Should Cristie Kerr Been Given a Free Drop at the Final Round of Hole 17?   Should Cristie Kerr Been Given a Free Drop at the Final Round of Hole 17? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 2:52 pm

It is entitled under USGA Rules 33-8/22 and Decision 1-4/10 which allows the player to take a free drop within 1 club length of the nearest point of relief from the danger, without being nearer to the hole. This rule was highlighted in March's issue of Golf Magazine.

PS: just checked the leader board on LPGA.com and it looks like she Bogied the 17th Hole
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Should Cristie Kerr Been Given a Free Drop at the Final Round of Hole 17?   Should Cristie Kerr Been Given a Free Drop at the Final Round of Hole 17? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 3:48 pm

Heard commentator saying she got relief for the red ants and not for the cable.
Funny ruling. Very Happy
thankfully Ai won by 2 strokes in the end. Banzai!
Back to top Go down
Golfnuts
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Golfnuts

PostSubject: Re: Should Cristie Kerr Been Given a Free Drop at the Final Round of Hole 17?   Should Cristie Kerr Been Given a Free Drop at the Final Round of Hole 17? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 5:14 pm

If I heard the commentator right, they mentioned the place she stand at is near a nest of red ants... thus the free drop...
Back to top Go down
X-Man
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
X-Man

PostSubject: Re: Should Cristie Kerr Been Given a Free Drop at the Final Round of Hole 17?   Should Cristie Kerr Been Given a Free Drop at the Final Round of Hole 17? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 8:30 pm

They could have just swept the ants away... anyways all was well.... Hurray for Ai Miyazato....
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

PostSubject: Re: Should Cristie Kerr Been Given a Free Drop at the Final Round of Hole 17?   Should Cristie Kerr Been Given a Free Drop at the Final Round of Hole 17? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 8:31 pm

wahhh i was bitten by one under the tree.. those ants are nasty and HUGE!
i wont want to be the one getting rid of the ants.
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Should Cristie Kerr Been Given a Free Drop at the Final Round of Hole 17?   Should Cristie Kerr Been Given a Free Drop at the Final Round of Hole 17? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 8:37 pm

missmoon wrote:

Wah..Moon, what were you doing hiding under the tree ah? You were supposed to marshal the place. Instead.... ha ha the ant was just doing its 'marshaling' job of getting the marshals to do their job kekekekek.. lol!

titu
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

PostSubject: Re: Should Cristie Kerr Been Given a Free Drop at the Final Round of Hole 17?   Should Cristie Kerr Been Given a Free Drop at the Final Round of Hole 17? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 8:42 pm

Tituman wrote:
missmoon wrote:

Wah..Moon, what were you doing hiding under the tree ah? You were supposed to marshal the place. Instead.... ha ha the ant was just doing its 'marshaling' job of getting the marshals to do their job kekekekek.. lol!

titu

all of us chow ta.. in btw flight we walked to the shade.. today's sun is super hot!
Back to top Go down
eden
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
eden

PostSubject: Re: Should Cristie Kerr Been Given a Free Drop at the Final Round of Hole 17?   Should Cristie Kerr Been Given a Free Drop at the Final Round of Hole 17? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 8:51 pm

missmoon wrote:
all of us chow ta.. in btw flight we walked to the shade.. today's sun is super hot!

the sun today was scorching...i was only there from 11am till 3pm++ and now i have bad sunburn,
wished i had worn my SKINS.....
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Should Cristie Kerr Been Given a Free Drop at the Final Round of Hole 17?   Should Cristie Kerr Been Given a Free Drop at the Final Round of Hole 17? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 9:41 pm

missmoon wrote:
Tituman wrote:
missmoon wrote:

titu

Moon I saw you wore your SKINS what? Ok la, your face got no SKINS to wear ..sigh.. ok excuse...kekekke.. just joshing la. Too free... Laughing

titu
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

PostSubject: Re: Should Cristie Kerr Been Given a Free Drop at the Final Round of Hole 17?   Should Cristie Kerr Been Given a Free Drop at the Final Round of Hole 17? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 9:43 pm

i only have 1 skins.. wore on sat.. nv wear today Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should Cristie Kerr Been Given a Free Drop at the Final Round of Hole 17?   Should Cristie Kerr Been Given a Free Drop at the Final Round of Hole 17? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should Cristie Kerr Been Given a Free Drop at the Final Round of Hole 17?
Page 1 of 1