Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tiger Woods has gone back to his old putter for the final round of the British Open.

Go down 
+4
ralphlim
JonL_TK
DGman
jurongtiger
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

Tiger Woods has gone back to his old putter for the final round of the British Open. Empty
PostSubject: Tiger Woods has gone back to his old putter for the final round of the British Open.   Tiger Woods has gone back to his old putter for the final round of the British Open. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 1:23 pm

T. ANDREWS, Scotland -- Tiger Woods has gone back to his old putter for the final round of the British Open.

Woods played the first three rounds with a Nike Method putter, hoping it would help him deal with the slower speed of the greens at the Old Course.

But he's struggled mightily with the flat stick, especially in the third round. He took 35 putts -- more than all but five players. Woods had 99 putts over the first three days, essentially accounting for the margin between him and leader Louis Oosthuizen, who had the third-fewest putts in the field with 88.

Facing a 12-stroke deficit on Sunday, Woods switched back to the Scotty Cameron putter made by Titleist, a Newport 2 model. That's the putter he had been using since 1999.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Tiger Woods has gone back to his old putter for the final round of the British Open. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods has gone back to his old putter for the final round of the British Open.   Tiger Woods has gone back to his old putter for the final round of the British Open. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 2:22 pm

and the result?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods has gone back to his old putter for the final round of the British Open.   Tiger Woods has gone back to his old putter for the final round of the British Open. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 2:30 pm

DGman wrote:
and the result?
The price of Scotty's being inflated even more!!!
Back to top Go down
ralphlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ralphlim

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods has gone back to his old putter for the final round of the British Open.   Tiger Woods has gone back to his old putter for the final round of the British Open. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 2:31 pm

end result the same... whether he used Nike or Scotty, his putting wasnt very red-hot throughout the 4 rds...

I think even Sergio was putting better than him with his new white kia ma...

welcome back....
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods has gone back to his old putter for the final round of the British Open.   Tiger Woods has gone back to his old putter for the final round of the British Open. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 2:32 pm

Result is that Tiger didn't win the Open. Cos he didn't use a ZAM Razz
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods has gone back to his old putter for the final round of the British Open.   Tiger Woods has gone back to his old putter for the final round of the British Open. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 2:59 pm

Quote :
DGman wrote:
and the result?

Even with his outrageous talent, he cant putt. I as mere mortal should be more contented with myself
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods has gone back to his old putter for the final round of the British Open.   Tiger Woods has gone back to his old putter for the final round of the British Open. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 3:07 pm

he needs to work on the five and half inch between his left and right ear. otherwise he will be history at tender age of 35.

but again, the inside may already been busted...i have hear loads of stories about what his dad put him through when he was young and that is why he became the "monster" that he is today. again its hearsay.

DGman

Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods has gone back to his old putter for the final round of the British Open.   Tiger Woods has gone back to his old putter for the final round of the British Open. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 3:27 pm

Can he just switch back like that? I thought is bound by contractual obligation to use Nike equipment?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods has gone back to his old putter for the final round of the British Open.   Tiger Woods has gone back to his old putter for the final round of the British Open. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 3:57 pm

you mean you didn't get it.....KK
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods has gone back to his old putter for the final round of the British Open.   Tiger Woods has gone back to his old putter for the final round of the British Open. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 4:08 pm

I dun get it
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods has gone back to his old putter for the final round of the British Open.   Tiger Woods has gone back to his old putter for the final round of the British Open. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 4:14 pm

Whatever equipment he uses is not going to help him!!!
He is a man of low confidence...

Even if you put him on the ZAM... he will still 3 putt because in his mind he is probably think he needs to hit this way or maybe this other way...

Anyway... Rumors are that Fortune Brands might be selling Scotty Cameron
Back to top Go down
TITW
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
TITW

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods has gone back to his old putter for the final round of the British Open.   Tiger Woods has gone back to his old putter for the final round of the British Open. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 7:22 pm

First he cheated on his wife, now he cheated on his other 'wife' of 11 fruitful years... He deserves NOT to win for this Open... Smile
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods has gone back to his old putter for the final round of the British Open.   Tiger Woods has gone back to his old putter for the final round of the British Open. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 9:12 pm

jurongtiger wrote:
I dun get it

if you are the current sponsor, will you let him use the old putter? if you do, what is the point that you want to prove.

i am sure you can figure that out. again its my view and not the cardinal truth.

DGman

Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods has gone back to his old putter for the final round of the British Open.   Tiger Woods has gone back to his old putter for the final round of the British Open. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 9:15 pm

AHHH I see!

Interesting and shrewd indeed!

No wonder you are a marketing man DGMAN!

DGman wrote:
jurongtiger wrote:
I dun get it

if you are the current sponsor, will you let him use the old putter? if you do, what is the point that you want to prove.

i am sure you can figure that out. again its my view and not the cardinal truth.

DGman

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods has gone back to his old putter for the final round of the British Open.   Tiger Woods has gone back to his old putter for the final round of the British Open. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tiger Woods has gone back to his old putter for the final round of the British Open.
Page 1 of 1