Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Official Handicap is.....

Go down 
+16
benhogan
mUAr_cHEe
samT
jaketang
DGman
Ssquirrel
Lamts18
Duval_S
Khorkar
icejazz
slinger
Kopi Towkay
JL
siaw8
S70B
shotah
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
siaw8
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
siaw8

My Official Handicap is..... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Official Handicap is.....   My Official Handicap is..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 5:46 pm

haha... battle of the buayas!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: My Official Handicap is.....   My Official Handicap is..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 5:46 pm

shotah wrote:
Ssquirrel wrote:
Bro Shotah, thank you for disclosing your handicap index.

Btw, you are buaya lah.. understooded when declare handicap means your index ma....
Where got ppl say , "My handicap is 24", then very softly whisper under the breath (based on Turnberry course/slope rating off the championship tees!)

Ok, I take 3-3 from you...

Very Happy

Firstly, I want to reassure you that I have not taken your official position as the number one buaya, so no worries. What is your HCP index, please declare before i consider.

Smile

I just checked at sga wedsite.... let him declare first... Laughing
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: My Official Handicap is.....   My Official Handicap is..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 5:48 pm

bo beh zao liao! elephant
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: My Official Handicap is.....   My Official Handicap is..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 5:49 pm

in my fair assessment, shotah has improved very quickly in the last 3 months. when he first came to me at the start of the year, he is almost a beginner hence my reluctance to fit him.

however as we all know he is a pool and billiard "high hand" so naturally his stationery ball sense is above average and his improvement has gone leaps and bound in the last few months.

unlike SS who tees off 180 m (remaining) on par 5, shotah is playing to his indicated handicap. i believe SS is playing to a 10 or so and SS have more than 10 years more experience than Shotah.

so stop teasing shotah cos he promised to give me 5-5 for our next private game at Warren.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: My Official Handicap is.....   My Official Handicap is..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 5:55 pm

I just checked my handicap; I think my club confused my name with another member with same Ang Mo name. Need to give them my Chinese name. Either that or kenna cut for non-submittal of score cards!

My official index is 11.3, but in all the games with the forum people, I shot high 90s. Sad
So, you all know that my handicap is a vanity handicap, and so my wallet is also very thin.. pale

Ok, play level lor... cyclops
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: My Official Handicap is.....   My Official Handicap is..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 6:02 pm

wow.....all so good wan...

mine is 23.4 but play like a 36... think i need skirt.....
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: My Official Handicap is.....   My Official Handicap is..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 6:03 pm

Ssquirrel wrote:
I just checked my handicap; I think my club confused my name with another member with same Ang Mo name. Need to give them my Chinese name. Either that or kenna cut for non-submittal of score cards!

My official index is 11.3, but in all the games with the forum people, I shot high 90s. Sad
So, you all know that my handicap is a vanity handicap, and so my wallet is also very thin.. pale

Spoken like a true gentleman.... i tend to agree that playing with good players here very stressful... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: My Official Handicap is.....   My Official Handicap is..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 6:05 pm

yahoooooo, play level with ss............ my official index very similiar to yours

i also think both shotah n samT can play level.......

shotah: dun know how many strokes S70B gives u, but i give u 1-1, swee bo.....
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: My Official Handicap is.....   My Official Handicap is..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 6:07 pm

Slinger you damn niow lor. I gave him 5-5 at his home course leh. You should do the same.
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: My Official Handicap is.....   My Official Handicap is..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 6:08 pm

i think h'cap index is one thing but the course handicap is another... so have to check the slope rating at the tees to derive the course handicap.. Neutral
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: My Official Handicap is.....   My Official Handicap is..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 6:14 pm

S70B wrote:
Slinger you damn niow lor. I gave him 5-5 at his home course leh. You should do the same.

no wonder u kenna buaya..... how to give 5-5 on home course, your name jeff-rey meh?
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: My Official Handicap is.....   My Official Handicap is..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 6:28 pm

Wah liao. Default 10. Like that siow liao. I dont need to play golf, I better start paying out before I play my games. Cannot, I want change my citizenship liao, to which ever country that gives to the lowest HCP. ha ha ha. I heard Zimbabwe gives me HCP 36 right..
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: My Official Handicap is.....   My Official Handicap is..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 9:19 pm

DGman wrote:
in my fair assessment, shotah has improved very quickly in the last 3 months. when he first came to me at the start of the year, he is almost a beginner hence my reluctance to fit him.

however as we all know he is a pool and billiard "high hand" so naturally his stationery ball sense is above average and his improvement has gone leaps and bound in the last few months.

unlike SS who tees off 180 m (remaining) on par 5, shotah is playing to his indicated handicap. i believe SS is playing to a 10 or so and SS have more than 10 years more experience than Shotah.

so stop teasing shotah cos he promised to give me 5-5 for our next private game at Warren.

DGman

Thanks boss.... thanks to your team too for continual answering my needs to change this and that without asking me to look for a swing coach. And about the 5-5 thingy..... when did I say it huh??? Smile
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: My Official Handicap is.....   My Official Handicap is..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 9:22 pm

Ssquirrel wrote:

AIyah, dun say i not steady lah.... I give you 1 -1 at warren, then you give me 2-2 at laguna lah, but our bet is that if I win at both, you must buy a set of ikasu or Prototype for our next outing... swee boh... If i lose, I buy you makan lah... or we can play 1 stroke 2 dollar.
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: My Official Handicap is.....   My Official Handicap is..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 9:23 pm

Khorkar wrote:
Wah liao. Default 10. Like that siow liao. I dont need to play golf, I better start paying out before I play my games. Cannot, I want change my citizenship liao, to which ever country that gives to the lowest HCP. ha ha ha. I heard Zimbabwe gives me HCP 36 right..

Pai seh, what i mean is if your handicap is taken from at a malaysia or indonesia golf course, then you are by default a 10 hcper.
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: My Official Handicap is.....   My Official Handicap is..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 9:33 pm

slinger wrote:
shotah wrote:
Yeap, all those who have singapore hcp, we can always check via SPGA, for those from malaysia or indonesia, it is by default 10. Razz

personally, i think u can play to a 12, just like samT....... affraid

NB, how can i play level with Shotah? I played in the 90s lei, just ask DGman and LostSoul. Just that it is hard to get my hcp rectify to reflect the true standard becos of the way they take the last best 10 scores out of 20 games...sibei jialat...
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: My Official Handicap is.....   My Official Handicap is..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 9:35 pm

samT wrote:
slinger wrote:
shotah wrote:
Yeap, all those who have singapore hcp, we can always check via SPGA, for those from malaysia or indonesia, it is by default 10. Razz

personally, i think u can play to a 12, just like samT....... affraid

NB, how can i play level with Shotah? I played in the 90s lei, just ask DGman and LostSoul. Just that it is hard to get my hcp rectify to reflect the true standard becos of the way they take the last best 10 scores out of 20 games...sibei jialat...

Bro, mai humble lah..... one game dun speak much.... we see you hit, we know what level you are liao. 2 on 4 putt...... you purposely one right....
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: My Official Handicap is.....   My Official Handicap is..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 9:35 pm

That means you have to work harder liao lor. I always think you have to work towards your handicap rather than let the handicap work for you. That way, you will always strive to improve. Wink
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: My Official Handicap is.....   My Official Handicap is..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 9:37 pm

yah... i still aiming at my target, to be a single handicapper by next year july.
Back to top Go down
samT
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
samT

PostSubject: Re: My Official Handicap is.....   My Official Handicap is..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 9:40 pm

shotah wrote:
yah... i still aiming at my target, to be a single handicapper by next year july.

bro, u no need wait until next year lah. i think at the rate u are going, this year can liao...just remember to submit scorecard and play managed golf hor... dun 2 on 4 putts..hahahah
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: My Official Handicap is.....   My Official Handicap is..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 9:40 pm

Achievable for you mate. Just need the right guidance from a solid coach and less of 5c 10c from everyone else.
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: My Official Handicap is.....   My Official Handicap is..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 9:41 pm

I always submit scorecard lah, that way, it may never happen, hahahha... WGCC rules is that if you never submit scorecard for the games you play, they will slash your hcp by 2-3 every month i think.
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: My Official Handicap is.....   My Official Handicap is..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 9:43 pm

S70B wrote:
Achievable for you mate. Just need the right guidance from a solid coach and less of 5c 10c from everyone else.

Thanks coach... please dun stay too long in states ok..... i need you to give me lessons. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kopi Towkay
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kopi Towkay

PostSubject: Re: My Official Handicap is.....   My Official Handicap is..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 6:30 am

Shotah, I still remained convinced you need some schoolin' in cypherin'......

Here's 1 more lesson at time 6:15 of this clip.

Rest of it ain't bad either.

Monday morning & I got nothin' better to do!!

Cheers, KT

Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: My Official Handicap is.....   My Official Handicap is..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 7:51 am

mine is 15.something...

can do and see on Handicap book... :p

good luck searching for mUAr_cHEe!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Official Handicap is.....   My Official Handicap is..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Official Handicap is.....
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next