Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Camilo's Workout Routine

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cobra
Cobra Staff
Cobra

Camilo's Workout Routine Empty
PostSubject: Camilo's Workout Routine   Camilo's Workout Routine I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:03 am

We had a question posted by GR member Ralphlim on what Camilo's workout routine is so after speaking with his agent we were forwarded the following which was part of an interview done by Camilo for fitness magazine.

Cobra, Singapore

1.) How often do you work out during the season? Offseason?
Tournament week I usually do cardio three times a week, and lift 4 times a week. Normally In the off-season I continue to do cardio 3 times a week, and lift 4 times a week and focus on trying to gain back the weight that I have lost during the season.
2.) Describe your average weekly workout plan (on/off days with weights, cardio, etc.)
I try to keep cardio very interesting, for me the way to do that is to mix it up as much as possible. I do cardio 3 times a week, from rowing machine, biking, Stairmaster, jumping rope, you name it. Like I said, the variety is what keeps it fun for me. In terms of lifting, there are many different approaches. It all depends on what your specific goals are. Some people believe that golfers should only work certain specific areas, however; that is not my philosophy. I believe that it is important to have a complete workout, cover all the muscles, and obviously focus on your weaknesses. Once again it depends on what you want to accomplish, and where you stand in the season. Stability, power, explosiveness, balance, core, and strength are all factors to keep in mind and critical when it comes to putting together your routine.
3.) How does your workout routine change between the season and offseason?
Less weights, more cardio?
During the season the main thing for me is to try and maintain my body weight. Being on the road for weeks at a time is not easy on your body. When you do that for 4-5 times during the season, it is extremely easy to lose weight. Obviously you want your body to be fresh when you get to that first tee, therefore the focus is more toward low weight/high reps. During the off-season intensity rises as does the weight load, and reps tend to decrease. Its okay to challenge your body and take it more towards the extreme because there is no professional golf to be played.
4.) What is your favorite part of working out?
I love working out, it's he only thing that gets me away from the golf and business side of what I do. But the overall goal, is to make me the best player I can be on the golf course. Working out is part of this equation.
5.) What parts of your workout are the most important for your golf game?
For me everything. But if I had to recommend something for the amateur golfer, stretching and core are key.
6.) How does nutrition play a role in your fitness program?
Nutrition and fitness go hand in hand, for me it would be impossible to accomplish my goals if I don’t focus on both.
7.) What advice would you give to people looking to get in better shape for golf and in general?
Hard work pays off!
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

Camilo's Workout Routine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Camilo's Workout Routine   Camilo's Workout Routine I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:25 am

Thanks. Wud be better if u have his routines of his workoutand wat he does for cardio. Am curious of wat pros do to condition their back and core
Back to top Go down

Camilo's Workout Routine
Page 1 of 1