Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Purchase from Amazon - reliable ?

Go down 
+3
Technospaz
Tituman
daveaha
7 posters
AuthorMessage
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

Purchase from Amazon - reliable ? Empty
PostSubject: Purchase from Amazon - reliable ?   Purchase from Amazon - reliable ? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 6:21 pm

Hi guys,
Need some advise.

I'm thinking to buy Oakley sunglass. I couldn't purchase from Oakley directly because I don't have a US credit card billing address even though I have the US Address to deliver to... so I am considering my option to get it from Amazon US. However, if I purchase from Oakley website directly, it's priced at US$175, but from Amazon it's going at US$145. This looks like a good deal, but somehow this give me an uneasy feeling even though the seller rating is 98% good considering how many fakes Oakley glasses in the market.

My question is, whether there is a possibility of Amazon selling fake Oakley ? Anyone has experience ordering Oakley from Amazon US ? The direct seller is sunglasstop....

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Purchase from Amazon - reliable ?   Purchase from Amazon - reliable ? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 7:14 pm

I bought from Amazon quite frequently in the past Dave and so far there were no problem. Its better to buy from a big organisation than individual. I got burned twice through 2 individuals. Lucky both less than USD100 each.

titu
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Purchase from Amazon - reliable ?   Purchase from Amazon - reliable ? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 7:17 pm

Dave, you can use a SG card to ship to a US address. That's how vPost works.

EDIT: I re-read your post. I assume Oakley will only accept US credit cards? Have you tried Entropay? I used it in the past w/o problems. If you really need a US credit card, let me know.
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Purchase from Amazon - reliable ?   Purchase from Amazon - reliable ? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 7:42 pm

tituman wrote:
I bought from Amazon quite frequently in the past Dave and so far there were no problem. Its better to buy from a big organisation than individual. I got burned twice through 2 individuals. Lucky both less than USD100 each.

titu

Titu, thanks for the info. You mean you were burned twice from ebay I presume ?

Technospaz wrote:
Dave, you can use a SG card to ship to a US address. That's how vPost works.

EDIT: I re-read your post. I assume Oakley will only accept US credit cards? Have you tried Entropay? I used it in the past w/o problems. If you really need a US credit card, let me know.

Thanks Jason.

Yes, I couldn't finalize my order in Oakley because it says "Enter your billing address exactly as it appears on your credit card statement.". So it refused my Singapore address....

I will check first whether the person can disclose his information of the US credit card...
Back to top Go down
garfield
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
garfield

Location : Latitude: 1º22´ North of the Equator, Longitude: 103º48´ East of Greenwich

PostSubject: Re: Purchase from Amazon - reliable ?   Purchase from Amazon - reliable ? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 8:08 pm

i bought brand new golf clubs from rockbottomgolf.com. it arrives in good shape and on time. they use fedex so very reliable. so far i have no complain. cheers. ooops OT
Back to top Go down
Zhang
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Purchase from Amazon - reliable ?   Purchase from Amazon - reliable ? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 8:18 pm

I purchase all my US stuff through this website. Www.comgateway.com. They can purchase on yr behalf but admin fee 5% of goods value. I always consolidate all my orders from different merchants to save on shipping. Very reliable. Hope it helps.
Back to top Go down
mechaman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Purchase from Amazon - reliable ?   Purchase from Amazon - reliable ? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 8:21 pm

I brought Invicta watches and various stuff thru Amazon. Delivery is often prompt without problem. Only thing is some items cannot be shipped overseas to SG. This will be made known to you in the shopping cart. SG credit cards are accepted so far for my transactions.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Purchase from Amazon - reliable ?   Purchase from Amazon - reliable ? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 8:22 pm

Hi Dave, yes from ebay. By the time the item arrived, it was already over the guarantee period by Ebay. It took about 1 month for the items to arrive. And there is also the access of I think USD25 and which makes it not worth the trouble and hassle to claim. Just take it as a lesson learn and be more careful with who you buy from. Now always looked at the feedbacks before I do any trading from there.

titu
Back to top Go down
mika
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
mika

PostSubject: Re: Purchase from Amazon - reliable ?   Purchase from Amazon - reliable ? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 11:25 pm

I'm a frequent buyer of amazon products. They are generally very reliable. I usually ship through borderlinx. Shipment can be as fast as 3 days and they are cheaper then vpost. Comgateway is good as well but I prefer borderlinx.
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Purchase from Amazon - reliable ?   Purchase from Amazon - reliable ? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 11:56 pm

So, shipment is not a problem with Amazon.

But are they genuine ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Purchase from Amazon - reliable ?   Purchase from Amazon - reliable ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Purchase from Amazon - reliable ?
Page 1 of 1