Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Losing your swing.

Go down 
+11
TigaWood
icejazz
LinLauPeh
ESTan
Cyp_PGA
jhan18
DGman
Duval_S
Winston
alvin7379
chocoman
15 posters
AuthorMessage
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

Losing your swing. Empty
PostSubject: Losing your swing.   Losing your swing. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 10:40 am

I lost my driver swing for the last 2 weeks. i still hit adequately ok with my irons. but i realized as i lost my driver swing. my short game suffered the same fate as well. kind of like 'no feeling'

has anyone gone thorugh this and what is ur remedy.

i tried going back to range to ' re-adjust' by myself. but as ppl say. it is hard to spot ur own mistakes..as u cant see urself.
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

Losing your swing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your swing.   Losing your swing. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 10:49 am

Hi Chocoman,

When I lost the feel of my short game (i.e. chipping and pitching), I will usually keep reminding myself to relax my shoulders and swing as if I am executing a putting stroke. Alternatively, I will use the wedge only with my left hand to try and hit a few balls off the mat; it will seems very difficult... but when I change back to using both hands, I seems to be able to appreciate the benefits of having both hands to swing and the short game will make a turn for the better. Smile

And when I lost the feel of the driver, I will usually throw the driver out into the range! lol!
hehe... just joking... nothing in particular that I will do... but I thought seeing someone hit good driver shots helps. It can subconsciously help me visualize the good swing that I need to make.
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

Losing your swing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your swing.   Losing your swing. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 11:09 am

Stay away from golf for a while...at least that helps me...and when get back to it...start slow again...I have not lost my swing yet because I have yet to find it.....
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Losing your swing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your swing.   Losing your swing. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:20 pm

Bro....quick quick...when is out next game???? Time like this is hard to come by.......
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Losing your swing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your swing.   Losing your swing. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:22 pm

you can lose your swing for a stretch of a few weeks and it can also happen in the middle of a round.

hence its important to have a routine and a couple of practise swing to compose your swing thoughts.

"losing the feel" is usually a loss of tempo, a change in routine or setup, change in environment - wind condition, new kakis, playing with big hitters, etc...

if you know what you need to do, there is no need to stop playing for a while, you can adjust by the next hole.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

Losing your swing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your swing.   Losing your swing. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:25 pm

chocoman wrote:
I lost my driver swing for the last 2 weeks. i still hit adequately ok with my irons. but i realized as i lost my driver swing. my short game suffered the same fate as well. kind of like 'no feeling'

has anyone gone thorugh this and what is ur remedy.

i tried going back to range to ' re-adjust' by myself. but as ppl say. it is hard to spot ur own mistakes..as u cant see urself.

golf is such when u can start to hit it everywhere if your timing is slightly off. Confidence is another. The remedy is to have a pro to take a look and give you a few pointers to get back on track. Nothing beats getting good advice. Nothing is worse than trying too many
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

Losing your swing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your swing.   Losing your swing. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:28 pm

yeah ... just go practice drill ... and in two weeks to a month u will be back better than ever .... when u go range dont do full swing or half swing ... IMPACT is the most important i think
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

Losing your swing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your swing.   Losing your swing. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:32 pm

if u come on weds we'll see what you can do with your driver swing buddy. i'll be dropping by.
Back to top Go down
ESTan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
ESTan

Losing your swing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your swing.   Losing your swing. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 2:40 pm

Hi chocoman, I just came back from range. Having the the problem. Lost all my swing! Thanks to the two weeks of examination! Now trying to find s remedy too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.grace-ions.com.sg
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

Losing your swing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your swing.   Losing your swing. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 3:17 pm

it is the saddest feeling on earth!!!
Back to top Go down
LinLauPeh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
LinLauPeh

Losing your swing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your swing.   Losing your swing. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 4:26 pm

Abang, it happened to me after I read ya thread... Tempo gone, balls go left go right... Haizzz... Sad....
Back to top Go down
icejazz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
icejazz

Losing your swing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your swing.   Losing your swing. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 4:35 pm

I am more like a "Feel" player... dun know much abt the mechanics. Nowadays I try to add some controlled tempo as well as learn n put in some mechanics.

Outcome?? I top, I shank ..... Sad
Hope to find it back real soon...
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

Losing your swing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your swing.   Losing your swing. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 4:40 pm

LinLauPeh wrote:
Abang, it happened to me after I read ya thread... Tempo gone, balls go left go right... Haizzz... Sad....

wan to kena my backspin?? Cheers Jump
Back to top Go down
ESTan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
ESTan

Losing your swing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your swing.   Losing your swing. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 4:54 pm

See u on Wed nite lai... Hopefully some gd soul will help us pt out our mistake.
Back to top Go down
http://www.grace-ions.com.sg
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

Losing your swing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your swing.   Losing your swing. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 6:33 pm

DGman wrote:
you can lose your swing for a stretch of a few weeks and it can also happen in the middle of a round.

hence its important to have a routine and a couple of practise swing to compose your swing thoughts.

"losing the feel" is usually a loss of tempo, a change in routine or setup, change in environment - wind condition, new kakis, playing with big hitters, etc...

if you know what you need to do, there is no need to stop playing for a while, you can adjust by the next hole.

DGman

Pro Advice!
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

Losing your swing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your swing.   Losing your swing. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 6:47 pm

LinLauPeh wrote:

i think ur avatar caused me to lose my swing.
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

Losing your swing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your swing.   Losing your swing. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 7:49 pm

I lost my swing at the start of the year. Went from shooting high 80s and low 90s (on a bad day) to shooting 104 and 107. First thing I did was went back to my coach, and he spotted the error immediately. Solved in one session, which was better than trying to self-diagnose on the practice range and fixing one problem and adding new variables that will screw up later on.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Losing your swing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your swing.   Losing your swing. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 8:38 pm

seebayho...you avatar damn solid....

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

Losing your swing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your swing.   Losing your swing. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 10:14 pm

let me know when there's a good solution...

i completely lost it.....
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Losing your swing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your swing.   Losing your swing. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 10:51 pm

Quote :
]quote="jaketang"]let me know when there's a good solution...

[/quote]

At least you have them ...and then lost them.

For me, never had them before...sighhh...
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Losing your swing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your swing.   Losing your swing. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 1:54 am

Cyp_PGA wrote:
..................... IMPACT is the most important i think

I agree wholeheartedly in this clause of yours ... When I slow down my swing to focus on achieving "sweet" impact, I was glad with the result ... The ball went further than when I swung fast. The morale of the story is, nothing beats flushing the clubface against the ball ... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

Losing your swing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your swing.   Losing your swing. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 2:02 am

Duval_S wrote:
jaketang wrote:

bro, i thgt tht i have them b4... not so good but can get by...

now is completely not sure... Sad
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

Losing your swing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your swing.   Losing your swing. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 10:21 am

Turbo: were you at Bishan Range this morning? I recognised the lion driver head but not sure whether it was you...

Chocoman: Bro, have you checked the Lost and Found counter? Laughing
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

Losing your swing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your swing.   Losing your swing. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:30 am

jaketang wrote:
Duval_S wrote:
jaketang wrote:

bro, i thgt tht i have them b4... not so good but can get by...

now is completely not sure... Sad

red card for both of u!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Losing your swing. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing your swing.   Losing your swing. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Losing your swing.
Page 1 of 1