Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Palm Resort Allamanda

Go down 
+10
asahi
poresia
weesern
lennylim
chemicalpro
Duval_S
Edgarkj
Khorkar
WaLau
LinLauPeh
14 posters
AuthorMessage
LinLauPeh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
LinLauPeh

Palm Resort Allamanda Empty
PostSubject: Palm Resort Allamanda   Palm Resort Allamanda I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 10:56 pm

Decided to visit Palm Resort today after more than a year since I last golfed there.

Cempaka is my favourite course but my kakis wanna go for Allamanda.

Not sure about the course conditions of Cempaka currently, but just a review of Allamanda...

Super dried fairways. Simply BOTAK. Zero chance to take divots. Fairway looks damn brownish as good as playing from cement floor. Damn hard ground. But your ball will roll like driving along the freeway.

Only beauty of the course is the green even though it is also somehow hard. That is the most well maintained part of the entire course.

Definitely not value for money..... haiiz.... wasted my time....

Btw, Good to see GR back again! hehe... Beer
Back to top Go down
WaLau
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
WaLau

PostSubject: Re: Palm Resort Allamanda   Palm Resort Allamanda I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:09 pm

you avatar is a she man?

the biceps almost the size of my leg, didn't know you fancy this kind
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Palm Resort Allamanda   Palm Resort Allamanda I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:23 pm

Ha ha, lol at the review... not sure you are reviewing or thrashing it. In someway, i think poresia green is better kept than palm resort. not sure if the folks here agree.
Back to top Go down
Edgarkj
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Palm Resort Allamanda   Palm Resort Allamanda I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:26 pm

Yup, was at Allamanda 2 weeks ago as well.

Crap Crap Crap. Might as well go Tanglin. Course was in bad condition, and not well maintained.

My buggy died on me twice! Twice! They took 20 mins each time to send a new buggy.

The buffet lunch that came with the green fees was crap. Bloody flies all over the place.

Sorry, but it was bad. Never again!
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Palm Resort Allamanda   Palm Resort Allamanda I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:34 pm

had the chance to play at allamanda during the X'mas break.....hmmm, my view was then, it was quite good...the green was pretty good....fairway was green then...don recall brown patches......we drank in the air-con area after game, so did not notice the fly...guess thats is the 'unique' feature of the PalmR and PalmV....

Disclaimer: I am a very easy golfer....can golf happy liao...so don use me wholesale as a barometer
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

PostSubject: Re: Palm Resort Allamanda   Palm Resort Allamanda I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 11:38 pm

I played Allamanda last month, can't say I'm at all impressed with the conditions as well.

Yes, damn dry and patchy! My buggy died also! AND ON THE 3RD HOLE! I mean come on! Waste my autoroaming to call their golf desk to send for another buggy.

Unlikely to go back there anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
lennylim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
lennylim

PostSubject: Re: Palm Resort Allamanda   Palm Resort Allamanda I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 12:29 am

sorry to hear that some folks had a tough time at Palm Resort.

i tend to think that palm resort spend more of their course maintenance budget on maintaining the greens instead of the fairways. i would say some of the fairways are not the best around, rough also quite long, but the greens are better than most other places, e.g. Palm V, Legend, even some SG clubs.

I have to agree though, that their buggies there are not best around... its tough luck if u get a lemon sometimes. happen to me a every now and then, but usually u see the marshall and they will gladly swap their buggy. but I really wish they'd replace their whole fleet...
i like the buggies at keppel and warren... warren buggies even got horn! solid... haha.
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Palm Resort Allamanda   Palm Resort Allamanda I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:27 am

buggies in malaysia generally not in tip top conditions... at least those for those I've been to...
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: Palm Resort Allamanda   Palm Resort Allamanda I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 11:54 am

buggies at poresia is equally bad. breakdowns are frequesnt and brakes may not work so hv to take care when u park at slope.

last year, my buggy brake spring back n went into a stream. luckily, little water but buggy roof was damaged so hv to pay RM1500!

agreed that greens at poresia is good but only sakura, orchid n hibiscus and not bougainvillea.

fairway is pathetic. dried, lots of brown patches and cow grass in most parts of the fairways.

i m still there bcos of my kakis, convenience as its only less than 30 mins from Tuas n high cost of golf memberships in s'pore.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Palm Resort Allamanda   Palm Resort Allamanda I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 12:04 pm

Yup, sad but true. Have to literally chop your way thru the cow grass.
Greens still acceptable.

Me playing there for the same reason e.g low cost for members and ease of travelling.
Back to top Go down
KL
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Palm Resort Allamanda   Palm Resort Allamanda I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 6:18 pm

Hi,

Anybody have played at palm resort recently? Has the course maintenance conditions improved from what was described?

Back to top Go down
ralphlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ralphlim

PostSubject: Re: Palm Resort Allamanda   Palm Resort Allamanda I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 7:02 pm

Allamanda green now super nice and super fast after the club repair it, makes for very shiok putting.... ball will roll roll roll....

Back to top Go down
KL
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Palm Resort Allamanda   Palm Resort Allamanda I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 10:22 pm

that's great to hear, time to arrange game there liao ...

i suppose the other 2 18s are also in similar condition ... anyone care to share?
Back to top Go down
Cornball
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Palm Resort Allamanda   Palm Resort Allamanda I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 10:59 pm

I just played at Cempaka yesterday. Not bad...I'm playing Allamanda this Saturday. Whoopee
Back to top Go down
riverdeity
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
riverdeity

PostSubject: Re: Palm Resort Allamanda   Palm Resort Allamanda I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 11:55 am

Any updates on allamanda this week? im heading up with a few friends to play and would like to know how the course condition apart from the greens is?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Palm Resort Allamanda   Palm Resort Allamanda I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Palm Resort Allamanda
Page 1 of 1