Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)

Go down 
+23
dtan
weesern
hkhamateur
TDO
escyb
pippin
Schulo
jwing
Batman
kohhanjie
idrahus
icorpion
kkee79
beerbutt
bkll
chongbk
netwin77
Duval_S
mcmug
Gray
nientsu
efoong
Beneoo
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Beneoo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Beneoo

Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :) Empty
PostSubject: Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)   Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 2:25 pm

Hello GR-ers,

Would like to find out the conditions of Legends and Palm resort, wonder anyone played there recently.

PS:
Just to share my recent trips in:

1. Starhill (played on 15 June ) - Most Fairways 'unsatisfactory' i.e. encroach by roughs . Greens are satisfactory
2. Puteri (played on 29 May) - All grounds are 'satisfactory'
Back to top Go down
efoong
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
efoong

PostSubject: Re: Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)   Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 2:48 pm

legend i played last few week its quite forgiving haha...enjoy ya game....
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)   Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 2:49 pm

Legends quite forgiving??? wow...this is the first time i heard this.

you must be a long and very straight driver
Back to top Go down
efoong
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
efoong

PostSubject: Re: Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)   Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 3:43 pm

i dont dare...i mean forgiving as dun have a lots of mud or repairing green...
but legend is a nice course lah...of course is long but i not on the standard yet...cheers..
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)   Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 5:48 pm

Legends and palm are equally good. Legends cheaper but must drive a longer distance. If u consider tanjong puteri satisfactory, then u will not be disapointed with palm and legends
Back to top Go down
mcmug
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)   Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 10:44 am

I like Tg Puteri, good value, reasonable conditions and 3 different courses to choose from. But very far to go, like Legends.

Palm is probably the best amongst these 3 in terms of playability and ease of access.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)   Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 10:50 am

I played at PalmR...and I like the design and shape of the course.....the last I played there was almost 1+ year back with Bubu....the fairway was great but the green was abit lacking. of the 3 courses, I like cempaka.....I really hope that I can improve enough to play there again

during the times when Asian Q-School was held there, it was great....(Note: not that I participated..but happen to play there once just week b4 the Q-School).

Legend: Cant say as much as Palm...as played there once only. But I really like the layout of the course...and overall i think its better than Palm..but journey is abit far
Back to top Go down
netwin77
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)   Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 11:50 am

i hv been there quite often and the 3 course of the Green & Fairway are quite good now
Back to top Go down
Beneoo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Beneoo

PostSubject: Re: Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)   Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 11:53 am

netwin77 wrote:
i hv been there quite often and the 3 course of the Green & Fairway are quite good now
Are you referring to Palm R? thx.
Back to top Go down
Beneoo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Beneoo

PostSubject: Re: Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)   Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 11:56 am

Yah.. the only sian 1/2 is the traveling distance for Legends... but been hearing friends talking about nice scenic course there...

Palm R, my last game was in last year end but not sure about the current condition..

Back to top Go down
netwin77
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)   Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 12:18 pm

yes palm Resort
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)   Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 12:35 pm

I like Legends. But its by no means an easy course. Havent been there for awhile. If my memory serves me right, most par 4 and 5s, its either right water, left OB, or vice versa.
Back to top Go down
Beneoo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Beneoo

PostSubject: Re: Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)   Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 1:44 pm

Ummm... Making my decision tough liao with all these valuable inputs Smile
Back to top Go down
chongbk
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)   Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 2:12 pm

Beneoo wrote:
Hello GR-ers,

Would like to find out the conditions of Legends and Palm resort, wonder anyone played there recently.

PS:

1. Starhill (played on 15 June ) - Most Fairways 'unsatisfactory' i.e. encroach by roughs . Greens are satisfactory

Just went Legends 2 weeks ago.

Scenic and somewhat forgiving course (if you can hit straight, definitely no prob). Of the 3 courses there, palm (Arnold Palmer) course is quite difficult. The other 2 much easier.

Palm resort never been there before so cannot comment.
Back to top Go down
Beneoo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Beneoo

PostSubject: Re: Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)   Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 4:09 pm

Alright coool.. Thank you All for the inputs.

Will FR when back from the trip next week.. (but still deciding where to go haha)
Back to top Go down
bkll
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
bkll

PostSubject: Re: Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)   Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 4:24 pm

I recall Legends' bunkers are terrible. The sand is not sandy, more like clay to me.

Other than that, fairways and greens are comparable between Palm and Legends.
Back to top Go down
beerbutt
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)   Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 6:01 pm

Played at legends a month ago. I found the conditions to be not as good as i expected from things I've heard about the course. I rate the course layout 7/10. the condition maybe 5.5/10
Back to top Go down
kkee79
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)   Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 1:19 pm

Beneoo wrote:
Hello GR-ers,

PS:

Be alert of TG Puteri's security, never leave your valuables inside the locker. Keep an eye on your belongings as much as possible during your game.

Someone lost a huge sum of cash recently.
Back to top Go down
Beneoo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Beneoo

PostSubject: Re: Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)   Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 4:06 pm

kkee79 wrote:
Beneoo wrote:
Hello GR-ers,

PS:

Be alert of TG Puteri's security, never leave your valuables inside the locker. Keep an eye on your belongings as much as possible during your game.

Someone lost a huge sum of cash recently.

I have this Ashworth bag that is so useful for keeping my belongings away from the locker... Get one Smile
Back to top Go down
Beneoo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Beneoo

PostSubject: Re: Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)   Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 4:15 pm

Alright GR-ers...

Just got back from Legends today, wanted to play 2x18 but 'Sky God' is not in favor with us... so just played Palm and Water cse today.

My humble feedbacks:

1. Traveling distance is toooooo long...
2. Clubhouse ok ok... registration counter have this nice scents.. Shower facilities; Starhill the BEST Smile
3. Cse.... din turned out to be my impressions.. probably becos yesterday i played in MBGC Razz
4. RTP 40% unless being asked or forced to go Smile at that distance i will choose Palm Resort on my next visit to that area even though is alittle exp.

Alright, thank you so much All for the inputs... FOREEE! topic closed.
Back to top Go down
icorpion
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)   Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 12:56 am

Are Legend and Palm Resort both buggy on course or on track? Played there one year back but forgotten.
Back to top Go down
idrahus
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)   Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 8:17 pm

Went to legends this morning and it's buggy on course after 10. Had a good game there.
Back to top Go down
kohhanjie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)   Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 9:37 pm

legend FTW!
Back to top Go down
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)   Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 1:11 am

icorpion wrote:
Are Legend and Palm Resort both buggy on course or on track? Played there one year back but forgotten.
Legends is BOF unless otherwise while PR is the opposite.
Back to top Go down
jwing
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
jwing

PostSubject: Re: Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)   Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 10:35 am

In malaysia unless there's a restirction to prevent buggy from going in, if not everyone will just drive in... Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)   Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next