Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)

Go down 
+23
dtan
weesern
hkhamateur
TDO
escyb
pippin
Schulo
jwing
Batman
kohhanjie
idrahus
icorpion
kkee79
beerbutt
bkll
chongbk
netwin77
Duval_S
mcmug
Gray
nientsu
efoong
Beneoo
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Schulo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Schulo

Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)   Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 12:06 pm

Back on topic:
For me still legends better. Tough course, but conditions at PR are not good leh.
Back to top Go down
pippin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
pippin

PostSubject: Re: Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)   Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 1:32 pm

I prefer Legends... challenging... scenic course with nice club house
Back to top Go down
escyb
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
escyb

PostSubject: Re: Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)   Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 1:22 am

pippin wrote:
I prefer Legends... challenging... scenic course with nice club house

Hey, great to c u here!! I prefer Legends to PalmR as well... 恭喜发财
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)   Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 2:24 am

Legends is preferred. Less crowded than PV. Plus more challenging and better condition.
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)   Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 7:59 am

Legends good course bt travellg distance kills! Sleep
PR nicz too which u gotta three 18 to choose fm. Very Happy
Conditn nt too sure now as mths hve nt played there liao! Question
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)   Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 4:33 pm

How is the condition of the course now?
Back to top Go down
dtan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
dtan

PostSubject: Re: Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)   Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 6:00 pm

Just join them as a member, bec they have up keep their green and fairway condition very well from the start of the year. They have also brought in new buggy and caddy. The club house lay out is much better compare to PR. Distance wise is depend on which route you choose to travel. I'm staying in Woodland so on Sunday i will take the 2nd link and on weekday i will take the causeway and both will only take me an hour to reach the club house. Legend courses are diff more challenging compare to PR. Come try and you will know.....
Back to top Go down
http://davidtnm@yahoo.com
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)   Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 12:31 am

realised i wasn't clear, I'm asking abt legends
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

PostSubject: Re: Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)   Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 12:43 am

Legends course is quite challenging - me lose lots of balls to water - very scenic old world charm - long drive but ok
Palm is easy to get to (next to senai airport).. nice and spacious fairways , grass well maintained
Back to top Go down
AJTAURUS
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
AJTAURUS

PostSubject: Re: Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)   Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 8:25 am

dtan wrote:
Just join them as a member, bec they have up keep their green and fairway condition very well from the start of the year. They have also brought in new buggy and caddy. The club house lay out is much better compare to PR. Distance wise is depend on which route you choose to travel. I'm staying in Woodland so on Sunday i will take the 2nd link and on weekday i will take the causeway and both will only take me an hour to reach the club house. Legend courses are diff more challenging compare to PR. Come try and you will know.....

Agreed, especially the water course and Arnold Palmer course...but syiok...!
Back to top Go down
JimB976
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)   Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 6:35 pm

I have played at Legends around 100+ times in past 10 yrs

It is the best course in Johor WHEN the condition is good. Sometimes after heavy rains it can become quite messy, but the layout is excellent and every hole is challenging. The greenskeepers are gradually replacing the sand in all of the remaining bunkers and the greens are currently in good condition, although not as receptive as there were a month ago.

It is a proper challenge for solid golfers, and myself and friends typically play from blue tees and are regular mid 80s scorers (our hcaps are 11-14) so it is not a frustrating course to play as long as -

1) you can get off the tee box long and straight
2) you know your iron distances and can accurately hit your long irons
3) you are confident off the deck with your hybrids and FW woods

I have played Palm Resort a few times and have to say that it really does not compare to legends
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)   Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 8:55 pm

I agree with Jim8976. The challenge is to play Legends in Water and Hill. I dont really enjoy palm. I really wish that they do something with the green speed and bunkers, they arent as good as they used to be. Legends is totally different when you play from Gold tee. Each drive is really 100-150m before you reach any fairways.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)   Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Legends or Palm Resort - your FR :)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2