Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways?

Go down 
+17
duffader
Tituman
glen79
carol.p
simoner
hoppie
wertwert
jaketang
Cyp_PGA
weesern
eden
opus
nientsu
alvin7379
shorthitter
slinger
jumboburger1376
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jumboburger1376
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways?   Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 11:29 pm

Thinking of getting some coaching and green fairways is near my place.
Anyone knows or recommends any coach there? CYP_pga highly recommends his coach Greg park, anyone took lessons from him?
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways?   Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 11:34 pm

Lee Carrington, ozzie female coach, speaks her mind if u dun practise, was my first coach...............
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways?   Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 11:37 pm

slinger wrote:
Lee Carrington, ozzie female coach, speaks her mind if u dun practise, was my first coach...............

She is Kiwi............ Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways?   Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 11:42 pm

hahaha my bad again........ how abt kopi next wk at BFG?
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways?   Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 11:45 pm

slinger wrote:
hahaha my bad again........ how abt kopi next wk at BFG?

Yes, planning a visit... sounds good... Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways?   Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 11:47 pm

I have a friend who used to take up lessons with Greg. If you are looking for improvement in better contact of the ball, hitting longer distance, getting more penetrating ball flights and learning to achieve nice long divots from good iron impacts... he is the man Smile

I saw the improvements he did to my friend... but you must be prepared to change your swing as his teachings are geared towards punch-like shots. (Anyone please correct me if I am wrong as I did not take the lessons myself)

Just some observations I had on my friend after his lessons. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways?   Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 11:53 pm

I remember a post in toons that rates Lee Carrington as one of the top 3 or 5 coaches in Singapore.

Well, due to age......i may just be wrong.....
Back to top Go down
opus
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways?   Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 12:04 am

i love lee carrington. i see her once a month.
Back to top Go down
eden
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
eden

PostSubject: Re: Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways?   Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 8:35 am

there are a few coaches there, i would suggest you go down and have a look.
talk to them, do a trial class if possible before u sign up.

i like to see myself on video as the naked eye can only see so much regardless of how much experience he/ she has.

lee carrington has quite a bit of reputation & greg park is friendly and always willing to offer tips (just buy him beer) Smile
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways?   Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 9:13 am

Is Greg Park the one always use the bays nearest to pub??
Back to top Go down
jumboburger1376
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways?   Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 9:50 am

i think he uses the lower floor all the way to the left..
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways?   Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 10:35 am

he is not teaching hw to punch like but to have the feeling of compressing the ball n not svouping the ball to get to corect impact... he is teaching for beginner to draw the ball... i start with him from ground zero n now im -2 handicapt going for pga traineeship in australia... he is lat the left on the lower floor
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways?   Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 10:47 am

Cyp_PGA wrote:
he is not teaching hw to punch like but to have the feeling of compressing the ball n not svouping the ball to get to corect impact... he is teaching for beginner to draw the ball... i start with him from ground zero n now im -2 handicapt going for pga traineeship in australia... he is lat the left on the lower floor

No offense relating to the comments on 'punch shots'... I thought I saw some good improvements from my friend after his lessons with Greg... so decide to share my views.

I have personally seen Greg at the range and I must agree that rarely have I seen teaching pros who are able to achieve the kind of impact he does with the ball... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
eden
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
eden

PostSubject: Re: Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways?   Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 10:52 am

Cyp...probably good to indicate how long you have been with Greg and how much time a week u spend on the range, golf course; by yourself and with Greg. I would think age is also a factor as well as time if u talk abt training to turn pro.
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways?   Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:02 am

yeah i didnt want to disagree with u but get a precise way hw he call it, but yeah u right alvin.... i just want the people to know an image of what he kingd of teach .... ihv with him 4 year . 4hour a week at the range... n since 2 year im training full time mean everyday 12hour training
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways?   Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:13 am

greg rock!!!

too bad i only took up beginner lesson with him.... now he is so far away... Sad
Back to top Go down
wertwert
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways?   Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 7:19 pm

Is it possible to give a ballpark figure as to what his rates are like? Feel free to PM me if you're not comfortable posting it here
Back to top Go down
hoppie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways?   Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 7:59 pm

sorry to up the topic again after so long, any recommendation for a good coach at Green fairway? My friend staying near there and would like to take up lessons there.

Is greg PArk still around? If so can pass me his contact? Thanks
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways?   Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 8:19 pm

He is still around send you a message with his number ... cheers Cyp
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways?   Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 10:11 pm

alvin7379 wrote:
Cyp_PGA wrote:

No offense relating to the comments on 'punch shots'... I thought I saw some good improvements from my friend after his lessons with Greg... so decide to share my views.

I have personally seen Greg at the range and I must agree that rarely have I seen teaching pros who are able to achieve the kind of impact he does with the ball... Smile

I have known Greg for 12 years and am still taking lessons from him Cool In fact, just did a 15 minutes fine tuning with him on Thursday.

What I can say is that he works around your own swing to maximise your impact on the ball. In fact, I my iron shots are quite high and has lotsa spin.

Greg is at Green Fairways everyday except Fridays. Go to the lower bays and straight to the end. There's only one botak angmoh coach there Razz
Back to top Go down
carol.p
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways?   Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 7:04 pm

Cyp_PGA wrote:
He is still around send you a message with his number ... cheers Cyp

Hello there,

I'm keen to learn golf from Greg, is there any way I can contact him?

Cheers Smile
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways?   Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 7:22 pm

Heard a whole lot about lee carrington. Heard she is gd
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways?   Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 12:22 am

Heard she is good too but never try. Still loyal to my coach after 12 years : )

But I see she sets up the whole works, videos etc during her lessons.
Back to top Go down
glen79
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways?   Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 1:33 pm

can someone pm me greg park's contact?
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways?   Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 9:35 pm

slinger wrote:

Aiyoh Slinger, How many times have Shorthitter reminded you that Lee Carrington is a Kiwi and not Ozzie ahhh.... Evil or Very Mad You know Kiwi and Ozzie don't mixed ahhhh... This is the last warning okie??? Next time he (Shorthitter) will not remind you anymore. He will start throwing golf balls at you... affraid hahaha... ROFL ROFL

titu
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways?   Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone learning from the coaches at green fairways?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next