Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Green Fairways 9 hole course

Go down 
+40
danielleecm
Schulo
idrahus
supermaninunder
skitter
j.lin
alvin7379
pakleow
simoner
dkk
yhzhuo
hardrock
Jacqcampbell
nrafee
AJTAURUS
tohkh
shorthitter
Moonfruit
mtbdude74
yuki
jumboburger1376
X-Man
Batman
aural
Elysium
Gray
brianpan
stevenleow
sandkie
RonHo
jhan18
Ant
Cyp_PGA
jd8
LeChristy
peterpur
clarencekim
weesern
Victor3112
Sam2902
44 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sam2902
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Sam2902

Green Fairways 9 hole course Empty
PostSubject: Green Fairways 9 hole course   Green Fairways 9 hole course I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 12:54 pm

Hi all,

For those who play at Green Fairways (Eng Neo Ave.), can I check if they are very strict in admitting golfers to play on their course? i.e do they require you to produce SGA recognized PC before they will allow you to play on their 9 hole course?

Because my friends and I have PC but it is not SGA recognized. It was issued to us upon the completion of our beginners' golf lesson following a 3 hole PC test.

Would like to try playing there for a change as quite sick of always going to Mandai EGC and very troublesome to go into JB or Batam to play.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Victor3112
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Victor3112

PostSubject: Re: Green Fairways 9 hole course   Green Fairways 9 hole course I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 1:03 pm

They don't check PC or HCP anymore.

The good news is everyone got to play.
The bad news is anyone with no golf etiquette can ruin the course. (Well... not everyone with PC has golf etiquette or visa versa).

Another place to play is JCC 2X5hole executive course. Minimum a PC is play. DO they check? Sometime they do, sometime they don't. It is a better maintained course.
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Green Fairways 9 hole course   Green Fairways 9 hole course I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 1:29 pm

what is there to ruin??? the green there seems to be under repair 24/7...

Guess the usage is very high
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: Green Fairways 9 hole course   Green Fairways 9 hole course I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 10:10 pm

The bad aspect of JCC 5x2 Exec course if U R in a flight behind a golf coach with young students. The coach usually will NOT let you play through. ANd it can take four students up to 10 - 15 minutes just to finish the hole!

Sad

So must just play around them and play the hole(s) you skipped later.

Wink

Holes #1 & #5 allow you to 'grip it and rip it' as they are long with slightly wide wide fairways.

CK
Back to top Go down
peterpur
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Green Fairways 9 hole course   Green Fairways 9 hole course I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 11:44 pm

It's also a good place to practise your short game before you go on a real course.
Back to top Go down
LeChristy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Green Fairways 9 hole course   Green Fairways 9 hole course I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 10:38 am

Err i was there to play at Green Fairway yesterday morning. They did not check for PC at all. I must say the very last holes is very challenging for the guy.. YOu need a strong arm to drive your balls onto the fairway. In comparison to Mandai, i thought the Green Fairway is a better course than Mandai. YOu should go check it out and you will enjoy the game Smile
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Green Fairways 9 hole course   Green Fairways 9 hole course I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 10:46 am

to me the difficult one is hole 2... got to hit the ball from a slope and also cannot see where u hitting to...

last hole just aim at the pavement... my ball always hit the trees and roll on to the fairway.... hehe
Back to top Go down
jd8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Green Fairways 9 hole course   Green Fairways 9 hole course I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 11:23 am

LeChristy wrote:
Err i was there to play at Green Fairway yesterday morning. They did not check for PC at all. I must say the very last holes is very challenging for the guy.. YOu need a strong arm to drive your balls onto the fairway. In comparison to Mandai, i thought the Green Fairway is a better course than Mandai. YOu should go check it out and you will enjoy the game Smile

Wa.. never jio.. green fairways quite near my place. Always wanted to try.. :-)
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Green Fairways 9 hole course   Green Fairways 9 hole course I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 11:47 am

Green Fairway so easy .. i use play every saturday 4 time the course .... to play 36 hole . i dont need more than a 3wood to play even or under par ..... for number i use 7 iron ,pw ...
but if u can play good like 6 to 10 over in green fairways then u will play better in any course because the fairway are narrow than any course i've been n u never stand in a straight lie alway upper slope , down slope.... there is always sembawang longer but same type of course . green fairways the range is where i train
Back to top Go down
Sam2902
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Sam2902

PostSubject: Re: Green Fairways 9 hole course   Green Fairways 9 hole course I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 10:26 am

Is it packed on weekday afternoons ah? I'm on leave today and feel like going there for a solo game this afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Sam2902
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Sam2902

PostSubject: Re: Green Fairways 9 hole course   Green Fairways 9 hole course I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 2:58 pm

Just finished my game there. Now I know why some people call this course the commando course!!
Pushing the trolley up and down some very steep slopes is no joke man..
Slicers beware...there's this hole that has very thick vegetation that runs along the entire right side of the tee box. I sent 3 balls in there... Sad

Definately more fun and worth your time vs mandai egc!
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: Green Fairways 9 hole course   Green Fairways 9 hole course I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 10:50 am

Changi Golf Course is also tuff if pulling or carrying your own clubs.

CK
Back to top Go down
Ant
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Ant

PostSubject: Re: Green Fairways 9 hole course   Green Fairways 9 hole course I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:21 pm

IMO, Jurong one is closest to a actual corse, with good maintained fairway and green, though fee is much higher. The Green Fairway one is like a commando course... you need strong legs o climb slope if you are not playing that well..... well ar least for me, the last time I played here... : )...... I was flat out from climbing slopes than playing golf..
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

PostSubject: Re: Green Fairways 9 hole course   Green Fairways 9 hole course I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:25 pm

i grew up playing green fairways and actually its a real challenge for a person who is just starting out.It's a pretty good test but one too much for a beginner. Yes it is rather hilly and it's a good test of stamina. Almost a mini Sembawang. I've heard some good things about the jurong course. I know coaches who bring their students there and they can hit a few shots, practice and have fun.
Back to top Go down
RonHo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Green Fairways 9 hole course   Green Fairways 9 hole course I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 1:52 pm

hi all,

was checking out http://www.turfclub.com.sg/ComeRacing/ClubFacilities/tabid/221/Default.aspx and right at the bottom it says weekend $50 for visitor (walk-in), $35 for guest and $25 for registered golfer.

Can anyone advice how to be a registered golfer?

Beginner here looking for courses to practice..Thanks!
Back to top Go down
sandkie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
sandkie

PostSubject: Re: Green Fairways 9 hole course   Green Fairways 9 hole course I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 2:17 pm

If I am not wrong, registered golfer needs to pay $400 for one year membership...
Back to top Go down
RonHo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Green Fairways 9 hole course   Green Fairways 9 hole course I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 2:51 pm

thanks for the reply taskie.. couldn't find more information online...

$50 can play twice on tanglin on weekends..but tanglin is too short and close to the road..lolz.
need to find a cheaper executive course to practice. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stevenleow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Green Fairways 9 hole course   Green Fairways 9 hole course I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 12:47 am

Would this Green course be good for beginner? Me and my friend are very novies, looking at some playtime on actual green, without PC?
Back to top Go down
brianpan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
brianpan

PostSubject: Re: Green Fairways 9 hole course   Green Fairways 9 hole course I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 1:55 am

stevenleow wrote:
Would this Green course be good for beginner? Me and my friend are very novies, looking at some playtime on actual green, without PC?

The course imo is not bad for novices after all any chance you get on the course is good....though like what the rest has mentioned, it's gonna be quite a workout. I went there many times before I had a PC and I never got checked. My advice since you both are very novies....practice your irons at the range first and make sure you don't hit grounders....cos the first hole can be abit of a challenge Smile
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: Green Fairways 9 hole course   Green Fairways 9 hole course I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:41 am

RonHo wrote:
need to find a cheaper executive course to practice. Very Happy

I personallly find NSRCC executive course the best. can use up to 3 wood to drive. Grass is well maintained like a proper golf course.

I went there many times without a PC.

SAFRA member can get discount.

If I remember correctly, I only pay abt $21.xx per game.
Back to top Go down
Elysium
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Green Fairways 9 hole course   Green Fairways 9 hole course I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 11:24 am

Can also try JCC for their 2 x 5 hole course. Weekend rates are at $42.

Nice and gentle, but at least the greens have some break unlike mandai executive.
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Green Fairways 9 hole course   Green Fairways 9 hole course I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 2:25 pm

I feel like green fairways is the most chalenging because it never flat ... its 270 to 500 meter plus for most of the par 4 n par 5... plus par 3 are kind of chalenging especially the first one and number 7 down hill around 180 meter from the back.... Plus in The Raange they got the best coach GREG PARK!!!
Back to top Go down
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aural

PostSubject: Re: Green Fairways 9 hole course   Green Fairways 9 hole course I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 8:40 pm

All these executive courses we just walk in right?

Anyone had experience that they let you go alone in the flight if you are really early?
Back to top Go down
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Green Fairways 9 hole course   Green Fairways 9 hole course I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:51 pm

I think 1 ball also can play on most exec course. At least I'd seen it w my own eyes @ Mandai n NSRCC. Not sure about others.

Bro Gray,
I agree w u man! Hole 3 is a killer measuring 160+m with e water hazard just before the apron.
Hole 4 is challenging with sand bunkers flanking left, right n back. Hole 9 also very tricky w e water
just before the fairways, before an upslope to the pin. These are killers for beginners like me.
Easily lose 2-3 balls Razz
Back to top Go down
X-Man
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
X-Man

PostSubject: Re: Green Fairways 9 hole course   Green Fairways 9 hole course I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:54 pm

Green Fairways is the most challenging executive course I've played...

too bad I can't play there anymore after my first time there cause I started to have pain in both my knees in hole 5 after the steep walks up and down the course... Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Green Fairways 9 hole course   Green Fairways 9 hole course I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Green Fairways 9 hole course
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next