Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nike Slingshot Ladies a good set?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Leikela
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Nike Slingshot Ladies a good set? Empty
PostSubject: Nike Slingshot Ladies a good set?   Nike Slingshot Ladies a good set? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 12:14 am

Hi, need some advice on whether the Nike slingshot ladies is a good set for beginners? Anyone can shed some light or advise? I've also been eyeing the burner plus or the s9... HELP
Back to top Go down
golfdiva
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golfdiva

PostSubject: Re: Nike Slingshot Ladies a good set?   Nike Slingshot Ladies a good set? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 10:55 am

Leikela wrote:
Hi, need some advice on whether the Nike slingshot ladies is a good set for beginners? Anyone can shed some light or advise? I've also been eyeing the burner plus or the s9... HELP

Hi are you referring to 4D or HL? I am currently using the HL set and found it quite forgiving. It comes with 4 & 5 hybrids so quite good value.
The 'deep' cavity back sometimes trap dirt, otherwise the thick i-brid soles does produce solid contact. I think this set is for mid to high handicappers so should work for beginners.

Can't say about the burner cos' I didn't find it suitable for me. But I'm sure many ladies in GR uses TM sets and would have found it good.

Maybe you can consider Jap makes like Maruman or Mizuno too. They are better designed for Asian ladies.
Back to top Go down
Leikela
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Nike Slingshot Ladies a good set?   Nike Slingshot Ladies a good set? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 3:11 pm

Hi golfdiva,

Thanks!
I'm referring to the HL so thats the one you are using yah?
Somehow I haven't considered any of the Jap brands...
I'm quite caught between buying a brand new Slingshot HL or buying a second hand S9...
Just wondering if the Slingshot will be a set that can last me quite awhile...because I want to get something that I wouldn't think of changing like 6 mths to 1 yr down the road...

Anyone else using the burner or s9??
Back to top Go down
kelly
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Nike Slingshot Ladies a good set?   Nike Slingshot Ladies a good set? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 3:18 pm

I am using burner xd (jap specs)though - 7iron - 9iron, pw,sw.so far i think its good. driver, fairway wood n putter have to buy separately
Back to top Go down
golfdiva
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golfdiva

PostSubject: Re: Nike Slingshot Ladies a good set?   Nike Slingshot Ladies a good set? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 3:21 pm

Leikela wrote:
Hi golfdiva,

I'm quite caught between buying a brand new Slingshot HL or buying a second hand S9...
Just wondering if the Slingshot will be a set that can last me quite awhile...because I want to get something that I wouldn't think of changing like 6 mths to 1 yr down the road...

Anyone else using the burner or s9??

You're welcome. FYI, the HL is my second set and I will probably be using it for at least the next 1 year or so until i break 100 and decide to reward myself.

Anyway, I think it is important to try the clubs before you decide which suits you best. Old or new doesn't really matter.
Back to top Go down
Leikela
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Nike Slingshot Ladies a good set?   Nike Slingshot Ladies a good set? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 3:27 pm

kelly - Yeah the burner I was looking at, is purely an iron set, I hardly use my wood and driver so it would just mean getting a seperate putter etc..

golfdiva - yeah thats true..oh no im just so conflicted right now..maybe i should hold off and wait for my next milestone (getting my handicap) before I get my 2nd set..lol

I'll need to think this through..thanks ladies for your advice so far!

If anyone else has more enlightening advice, I would love to hear it...thanks!! =)
Back to top Go down
kelly
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Nike Slingshot Ladies a good set?   Nike Slingshot Ladies a good set? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 4:19 pm

i would suggest you get a beginner set with everything in.
Maruman is gd.my first set was maruman figaro...i used it for about 1.5yr before switching
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nike Slingshot Ladies a good set?   Nike Slingshot Ladies a good set? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nike Slingshot Ladies a good set?
Page 1 of 1