Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Long queue at Executive Golf Course (Mandai) ... why?

Go down 
+30
enwee
snagy23
jason.koh.54966
Dabear
mloy
jd8
poresia
hurray
sagiteric
Tiramisu
Gymrat76
alvin7379
Victor3112
Raquel
rangereye
Duval_S
JawereZ
clarencekim
legzbroken
Tituman
ahfok88
m0i
weesern
al1388
Leikela
gezt_ho
garfield
jtek
sebastianlim
setzer
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
hurray
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Long queue at Executive Golf Course (Mandai) ... why? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Long queue at Executive Golf Course (Mandai) ... why?   Long queue at Executive Golf Course (Mandai) ... why? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 10:59 pm

snagy23 wrote:
You need score card which has slop and course rating, means your regular 18 hole course.
EC are all not possible if i am correct.

and the course needs to be at least 1500 yards for something for 9 holes (iirc).
Back to top Go down
yaozza07
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Long queue at Executive Golf Course (Mandai) ... why?   Long queue at Executive Golf Course (Mandai) ... why? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 11:33 am

Anybody want to play early early game, either tomorrow (18th), Saturday (19th) or Sunday (20th)?

How much is it to play in EGC?
Back to top Go down
Dabear
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Long queue at Executive Golf Course (Mandai) ... why?   Long queue at Executive Golf Course (Mandai) ... why? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 11:30 pm

Weekend is 32.10 for 9 holes.
Back to top Go down
yaozza07
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Long queue at Executive Golf Course (Mandai) ... why?   Long queue at Executive Golf Course (Mandai) ... why? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 11:51 am

Had 2 games there over the weekend, quite interesting experience. I haven't played here in over 5 years and have never played alone since more than 10 years.

The course itself was acceptable for $30, fairways ok, teebox ok, greens a little slow but manageable. Overall a very easy course.

Played with 2 very different groups on different days. A group of uncles (good golfers) and a group of younger similar age golfers that never took lessons (i asked). There was 1 guy who stood out, he had the newest latest Titleist golf equipment dressed in the latest golf fashion but he topped or sliced every shot in the entire game. It was quite shocking that someone would spend easily over $3K+ in equipment/gear and did not bother to take lessons (and never will, as he said he did not have the time). I did not want to be rude, so I just bit my tongue and talked about other things.
Back to top Go down
Yz426
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Long queue at Executive Golf Course (Mandai) ... why?   Long queue at Executive Golf Course (Mandai) ... why? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 12:09 pm

yaozza07 wrote:
Had 2 games there over the weekend, quite interesting experience. I haven't played here in over 5 years and have never played alone since more than 10 years.

The course itself was acceptable for $30, fairways ok, teebox ok, greens a little slow but manageable. Overall a very easy course.

Played with 2 very different groups on different days. A group of uncles (good golfers) and a group of younger similar age golfers that never took lessons (i asked). There was 1 guy who stood out, he had the newest latest Titleist golf equipment dressed in the latest golf fashion but he topped or sliced every shot in the entire game. It was quite shocking that someone would spend easily over $3K+ in equipment/gear and did not bother to take lessons (and never will, as he said he did not have the time). I did not want to be rude, so I just bit my tongue and talked about other things.

Interesting... I suppose that person does not have an handicap for the looks of things....
EGC allows anyone to play or they do not check for HDP??

But 3k on equipment without knowing how to play... I am sure his friends told him that "As long your equipment is expensive, you are already a good player without playing"
heeeheeeee.. Smile  Smile  Smile
Back to top Go down
yaozza07
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Long queue at Executive Golf Course (Mandai) ... why?   Long queue at Executive Golf Course (Mandai) ... why? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 1:22 pm

Yz426 wrote:
yaozza07 wrote:

Interesting... I suppose that person does not have an handicap for the looks of things....
EGC allows anyone to play or they do not check for HDP??

But 3k on equipment without knowing how to play... I am sure his friends told him that "As long your equipment is expensive, you are already a good player without playing"
heeeheeeee.. Smile  Smile  Smile

I dunno la, but don't get me wrong, they were still nice people and did not inconvenience anyone and I thoroughly enjoyed the company somewhat Smile
Back to top Go down
Gymrat76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Long queue at Executive Golf Course (Mandai) ... why?   Long queue at Executive Golf Course (Mandai) ... why? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 1:29 pm

The rule is: If you cannot play, must at least look good lah!
Back to top Go down
jason.koh.54966
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
jason.koh.54966

PostSubject: Re: Long queue at Executive Golf Course (Mandai) ... why?   Long queue at Executive Golf Course (Mandai) ... why? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 8:37 am

haha, pretty true! Even in driving range, you can see some really dress to kill! Machiam Pro!!! But when they hit their first shot..........OMG!!!! 
However, nothing wrong dressing sharply as long happy can liao.
Back to top Go down
je7170
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Long queue at Executive Golf Course (Mandai) ... why?   Long queue at Executive Golf Course (Mandai) ... why? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 9:40 am

Gymrat76 wrote:
The rule is: If you cannot play, must at least look good lah!

Golf Wear Sales always stress this.  ROFL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Long queue at Executive Golf Course (Mandai) ... why?   Long queue at Executive Golf Course (Mandai) ... why? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Long queue at Executive Golf Course (Mandai) ... why?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3