Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quick Fix for Shots going left...

Go down 
+17
Ssquirrel
desyjean
jhan18
HyBriD
Cyp_PGA
JL_chong
yrt
chemicalpro
Straightman
weesern
Ron Lee
Desmando R
Victor3112
S70B
chocoman
JonL_TK
alvin7379
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

Quick Fix for Shots going left... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Fix for Shots going left...   Quick Fix for Shots going left... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 3:09 pm

jhan18 wrote:
It seems like you are coming across it(ie out to in). It's not uncommon to see that shot pattern in the short irons. It is caused by a combination of getting ahead of the ball on the downswing(ie sliding) with a clubface that is lagging behind and releasing in order to catch up to hit the ball. Here are some simple drills you can practice. Hit balls at the edge of the mat9your left foot at the end of the mat) If you are going to slide, you would slide off the mat. You can practice also by hitting 3 quarter shots but follow through with a long right arm pass your hip. You should feel that your right shoulder is passing under your chin. These are my assumptions. It could be grip or even lie angle. Pretty hard to tell you what to do without seeing your swing mate.

I think I will try out your suggestion on the drill to prevent sliding. Tried the 3/4 swing before and the ball is straight... only full swing will cause the turning of the ball... Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
desyjean
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Quick Fix for Shots going left...   Quick Fix for Shots going left... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 5:19 pm

alvin7379 wrote:
weesern wrote:
when u say straonger right/left hand, u mean the grip position or the tightness of ur grip?

Usually if the lower body to too fast the ball will go right, unless u do something about the hands.

I think my lower body is moving that wee bit faster than my shoulders & arms... causing the pulling effect. And I also got to find out from DGman that my irons are a bit too short for my height... hopefully lengthening it will help me quiet down my lower body movement.... Smile

The faster you are with your lower body are the better shot maker you are. You will create the lag that everyone crave for. Try not to change this. It is a gift! Try checking if your weight transfer from right to left is efficient on your downswing and not let your shoulder overtake your hip. This to to stop the over the top or "out to in".
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Quick Fix for Shots going left...   Quick Fix for Shots going left... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 7:41 pm

Aim more right? albino
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Quick Fix for Shots going left...   Quick Fix for Shots going left... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 8:26 pm

Alvin, if you really wants to cure this fault, please go see a pro. All suggestions here are just guess work from lau chiao to even some beginners who thought they are helping you, with good intentions of course. . Some right some wrong. I would suggest you to listen to Justin advice and try out as he is the only pro here so far who ventures with his advice before really seeing you in person. As for people who is trying to help with advices to cure his fault, please be aware that Alvin is a 'lau chiao' who at any time can take on 70 % of you guys. Evil or Very Mad

Titu Peace
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Quick Fix for Shots going left...   Quick Fix for Shots going left... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 10:11 pm

me scared to play with alvin too, me in the 70% group.......

i heard this ah boy can hit really really long Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Quick Fix for Shots going left...   Quick Fix for Shots going left... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 10:21 pm

I think I will try out your suggestion on the drill to prevent sliding. Tried the 3/4 swing before and the ball is straight... only full swing will cause the turning of the ball... Thanks Smile[/quote]

I have seen you hit, I suspect the shaft could be too soft for you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Quick Fix for Shots going left...   Quick Fix for Shots going left... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 10:36 pm

slinger wrote:
me scared to play with alvin too, me in the 70% group.......

i heard this ah boy can hit really really long Very Happy

i have seen it for myself, he still has potential for even better golf! that's the scary part!
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: Quick Fix for Shots going left...   Quick Fix for Shots going left... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 10:44 pm

Haha... you guys are giving me too much credit... Started this thread with the intention to see if there is anyone out there who may have the same problem as me, can offer some suggestions for trial and error.. Very Happy

Would like to drop by for some pro advice someday... I have seen Justin and Short Hitter at work and I must say they have both impressed me.

Still... would like to thx all bros out here who have been offering your suggestions! Cheers and hope to have a game with each of you soon... cheers

p.s.

Bro Seebayho... my shaft is already PX6.0... anymore stiffer or heavier, me gonna start having blisters again! lol!
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Quick Fix for Shots going left...   Quick Fix for Shots going left... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 9:21 am

alvin7379 wrote:
H
p.s.

Bro Seebayho... my shaft is already PX6.0... anymore stiffer or heavier, me gonna start having blisters again! lol!

Blisters mean you did not play enough........it should have callouses.
All wedges uses stiffer shaft than longer iron, so that it will be as straight as laser beam.
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: Quick Fix for Shots going left...   Quick Fix for Shots going left... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 9:28 am

seebayho wrote:

All wedges uses stiffer shaft than longer iron, so that it will be as straight as laser beam.

Wahaha.... trust me, I would love to play more... but my wallet tells me not to.... tongue

Speaking of which, I think you are right about my wedges.... thinking of changing stiffer shafts for my wedges... but got to wait till my vitamin M recovers first...

In March alone, already bought a driver & wood, extend my irons and change all the grips... driver change shaft again recently somemore... damn golf....
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Quick Fix for Shots going left...   Quick Fix for Shots going left... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 9:34 am

alvin7379 wrote:
seebayho wrote:

Wahaha.... trust me, I would love to play more... but my wallet tells me not to.... tongue

Speaking of which, I think you are right about my wedges.... thinking of changing stiffer shafts for my wedges... but got to wait till my vitamin M recovers first...

In March alone, already bought a driver & wood, extend my irons and change all the grips... driver change shaft again recently somemore... damn golf....

Aiya, very easy to solve....just bet bigger 1K a hole for a start....auto press
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: Quick Fix for Shots going left...   Quick Fix for Shots going left... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 9:37 am

Ermm... my wife is already beginning to monitor my betting habits...

Can see her standing by the 'quit gambling' hotline beside my phone... hehe..
lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick Fix for Shots going left...   Quick Fix for Shots going left... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quick Fix for Shots going left...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2