Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Non authetic golf pride grips

Go down 
+8
yogibear
Golf noob
Noriki
milkem
tuanton32
ancient warrior
willytan
equin0x
12 posters
AuthorMessage
equin0x
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Non authetic golf pride grips Empty
PostSubject: Non authetic golf pride grips   Non authetic golf pride grips I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 7:12 pm

Hello fellow golfers. I would just like to inform everyone to check and be careful when regripping your clubs with golf pride NDMC grips. 

Unfortunately i have been on the recieving end of non authetic NDMC grips. Ive attached a photo for everyones reference and when you compare and contrast the difference is obvious. 

I have seeked for restitution and am waiting for a reply. But in the mean time, id just like to share my experience so no one else falls victim! 

Non authetic golf pride grips 5wh7ps

The orange grip is authetic. Done by ivan when he was still in the business. The other two arent. The biggest giveaway is the clarity of the font and the crispness of the paint fill
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: Non authetic golf pride grips   Non authetic golf pride grips I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 9:35 pm

Maybe u can share where u got it done at what price and if budders mind, they will avoid it at all cost.
Back to top Go down
equin0x
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Non authetic golf pride grips   Non authetic golf pride grips I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 10:40 pm

to be honest i'd rather not bash the fella in public and smear his reputation all over the internet before he comes back to me. perhaps it's a misunderstanding on his part and his supplier has been cheating him? who knows? 

if it turns out that he has been knowingly selling non-authentic grips and passing them off as real i'd have no qualms telling everyone who he is. 

in the mean time, any recommendations for shops who sell 100% authentic grips and have excellent workmanship would be greatly appreciated. preferably in the east or central would be great.
Back to top Go down
ancient warrior
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Non authetic golf pride grips   Non authetic golf pride grips I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2016 9:43 am

Thanks for sharing.  I think there was an earlier posting about fake Super Stroke putter grip as well. Hopefully not from the same place  tongue
Back to top Go down
tuanton32
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Non authetic golf pride grips   Non authetic golf pride grips I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2016 10:33 am

Lots of fakes.. copies etc. around.  I spent some time working with a US Clubmaking company and it was interesting to compare different non-authentic items. The Golf Pride 'copies' are mostly not good, hard/poor texture  Some of the Superstroke putter grip 'copies' were almost impossible to recognise as a copy and at approximately 50% of the cost of the genuine product, I can see why there is a market. The same applies to some of the Scotty Cameron copies which seem to be readily available. Very worrying for a Manufacturer and end user .
Back to top Go down
milkem
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Non authetic golf pride grips   Non authetic golf pride grips I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2016 10:46 am

I think it would be a great social service to highlight where the grips were from, not necessarily to tarnish the reputation of the seller, especially if it is shown that the seller was also a victim of an unscrupulous distributor.
Back to top Go down
Noriki
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Noriki

PostSubject: Re: Non authetic golf pride grips   Non authetic golf pride grips I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2016 12:08 pm

How many people can tell the difference? Judge yourself and trust the seller.
Back to top Go down
equin0x
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Non authetic golf pride grips   Non authetic golf pride grips I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2016 4:00 pm

Haha. I suppose that kind of attitude is precisely why the market for non-authentic stuff is thriving. Because not many can tell the difference. Myself included. If not for one of my friends i wouldn't have even known. 

On a side note, the seller has issued me a full refund so i wont be airing his transgressions for all to see. But in case anyone really die die wants to know, pm me and i'll tell you who it was.
Back to top Go down
Golf noob
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Golf noob

PostSubject: Re: Non authetic golf pride grips   Non authetic golf pride grips I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2016 3:59 pm

I believe there's also fakes grips n shafts flooding in Golfsite for sale from someone 1 person that created 2-3nicks selling those fakes with premium market price , very obvious so just beware when purchasing .
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: Non authetic golf pride grips   Non authetic golf pride grips I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2016 10:45 pm

Must share leh, later kanna con
Back to top Go down
equin0x
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Non authetic golf pride grips   Non authetic golf pride grips I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2016 12:00 am

Hahaha. Let's just say he can regrip on the go.
On a more positive note, i just got all my irons regripped by tony at greenfield golf at far east shopping centre. Grips are 100% authentic and only 15 bucks each for NDMC. Id recommend him.
Back to top Go down
yogibear
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
yogibear

PostSubject: Re: Non authetic golf pride grips   Non authetic golf pride grips I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2016 8:57 am

Re-grip on the go......hmmmm

so he charges authentic grip price but give u non-auth grips. I better go check.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Non authetic golf pride grips   Non authetic golf pride grips I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2016 10:35 pm

equin0x wrote:
Hello fellow golfers. I would just like to inform everyone to check and be ke to share my experience so no one else falls victim! 

Non authetic golf pride grips 5wh7ps

The orange grip is authetic. Done by ivan when he was still in the business. The other two arent. The biggest giveaway is the clarity of the font and the crispness of the paint fill
The second grip looks authentic though but the letter G is different from the authentic one. Hard for the untrained eyes to identify the fake stuff ... I patronized from both Vincent Golf and Golf Simply @ FESC. I believe they sell authentic stuff. The latter is also a distributor of Golf Pride grips.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Non authetic golf pride grips   Non authetic golf pride grips I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 11:16 pm

Actually its good to show the cap area (butt) as well as the cord section - it's the best way to tell the difference. if you cut the grip, the fake ones do not have air pocket on the inside which is a signature difference of golf pride grips. The real mccoy is a 2 piece construction and has a relatively hard butt cap, while the fake is made from single mould and the cap is softer. The linen is rough on the fake and the "Golf Pride" on the butt is the dead giveaway, it is not sharp. Sometimes one bad hat smear the whole kampong. From what i know only one culprit so have faith in the other shops at FE. 

sorry i have not posted in years Smile

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
entity
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Non authetic golf pride grips   Non authetic golf pride grips I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 4:00 pm

Good to see you back Eric, I hear you have been busy.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Non authetic golf pride grips   Non authetic golf pride grips I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 5:04 pm

entity wrote:
Good to see you back Eric, I hear you have been busy.
just wanted to give the rest some breathing space but its becoming a jungle out there and from a club fitting and making point of view, its very disappointing to see the trade in a mess. But the last 2 years has been a great opportunity for us to grow outside Singapore and we do have Atiq who is doing a great job. Hope to contribute more whenever possible.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Yxgolfing
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Non authetic golf pride grips   Non authetic golf pride grips I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 7:23 pm

Thanks for sharing
About to do regripping for my iron set.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Non authetic golf pride grips   Non authetic golf pride grips I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Non authetic golf pride grips
Page 1 of 1