Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lateral Line Putter

Go down 
+8
shotah
siaw8
Lamts18
Agumon
mUAr_cHEe
Ssquirrel
john ambrose
pug
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
pug
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
pug

Lateral Line Putter Empty
PostSubject: Lateral Line Putter   Lateral Line Putter I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 12:02 pm

Think this Lateral Line (L2) putter is around for quite some time. Anyone tried? Any comments?

Back to top Go down
john ambrose
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Lateral Line Putter   Lateral Line Putter I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 2:23 am

Thanks for the interest in the L2 putter and the LATERAL LINE stroke.After five years of preparation, we are just introducing it to the market. You will only be able to find it in pro shops and golf courses where P.G.A. or L.P.G.A. professionals are. These dealers will have a demo putter on hand for you to try and will also be there to assist you and answer any questions. Although the LATERAL LINE style is common to our every day motions , it is not common to the putting green. Because of this transition, we only make the club available where you can get the support and professional instruction of a trusted professional . If the L2 is not in your area yet, talk to your local club professional and have them go on our website to become a dealer. the site is laterallineputter.com or lateralline.biz.
I will be doing a demo at The Villages in Orlando on January 27th. We will also be appearing at the Cleveland Golf show at the Cleveland IX center from Febuary 19th to the 21st.
Thanks again for the interest . If I can answer any questions, let me know.
John Ambrose LATERAL LINE PUTTERS
Back to top Go down
http://www.laterallineputter.com
john ambrose
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: L2 LATERAL LINE PUTTER   Lateral Line Putter I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 10:17 pm

If someone offered you $100.00 to take a ball and roll it into a cup, how would you do it? Anyone, including the tour pros, would FACE the hole, judge their distance, LOOK at their target, and roll it into the cup. So why putt the old way? because it is tradition? Is it also tradition to use GPS systems or huge headed drivers with high tech shafts? If it is legal, which it is, and it works better, why not? As Sam Snead said 30 years ago when asked why he was facing the hole to putt in the 1976 Masters, " they don't ask how, they only ask how many."
Check out the video from youtube downloaded to this site by pug on dec. 21 in the equipment forum, and judge for yourself.
You can find out more on www.laterallineputter.com.

Thanks and happy new year, John
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Lateral Line Putter   Lateral Line Putter I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 12:28 am

John, nice of you to drop by...
How is your lateral putter different from the other side saddle putters in the market?
Back to top Go down
john ambrose
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Lateral Line Putter   Lateral Line Putter I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 3:33 am

HI Ssquirrel,

The website and the video will show the L2 design better then I can verbally explain it.
However, it is heavier then most other clubs with a head weight of 520 grams and a grip weight of about 480 grams. This weight allows the putter to do the work so you can apply a tempo pendulum stroke the the ball. The LATERAL LINE stroke depends on the shoulder to move the club. With the lighter smaller head clubs , there is a tendency to move it with the arm, hand or wrist. The L2 also has a 5" face with a 3" sweet spot. This size and balance gives the golfer great confidence in looking at the target when putting instead of the ball.
The advantage of looking at the target is the better distance control. But most sidesaddle putters are not big enough or stable enough for longer putts,[ over 10'] to be succesful at a distance. This is a reason why sidesaddle putting has not caught on like it should have over the years. It works for the shorter putts, but not the longer ones.
Thanks for your interest and stay in touch, John
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Lateral Line Putter   Lateral Line Putter I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 8:15 am

@john ambrose. Welcome to Golf Republic! and wow! its amazing how you managed to find our website with a thread about your putter. We do have one of fellow members who is now based in the US of A; S70B. So not everyone here is from Singapore!

@pug. are you thinking of trying this putter as well? the whole thing just looks wrong to me and the whole idea of side-straddling looks weird to me now as well. What makes it work is all about the mechanics of it?
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Lateral Line Putter   Lateral Line Putter I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 9:28 am

MC, sidesaddle putting has been around for quite a while.
Hopefully John's L2 design can maybe help promote this style of putting.

In general, it is supposedly less natural to putt sidewards as in golf. Most other games/sports usually have a "face-on" approach, such as billiards or darts.

If you can get pass the idea of your golf buddies wondering why the heck you putt that way, then it might be good.

There are other designs of sidesaddle putting out there too, just as there are many different putter designs. There is this older one which is more like bowling too
Link to scientific golfer
Back to top Go down
john ambrose
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Lateral line stroke   Lateral Line Putter I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 10:16 am

If you look at the Lateral Line stroke and compare it to a conventional putt stroke, it does appear different. But like the slogan says, " If you want
different results, try something different". It has also been said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting different results, which does a good job explaining the putt stroke to date.
500 years ago when golf was started, the so called greens that were "putted" on were as long or longer then todays fairways are. So hitting the
ball with the same swinging motion that was used all the way down the fairway made sense. The old blade style putters used back then were also very
light and cetainly not as balanced as todays clubs are.
Well golf courses have evolved and so has the game . Now there are big headed drivers ,hybrid irons, and GPS systems.
But that same multi-jointed side-angle swing used on the green has not evolved with the game. What else do we do that requires
such precision accuracy that we would think of doing the same way as we putt? If we look at the sole objective of getting the ball into the cup when on
the green, simple is better. The Lateral Line style is so simple to line up , stroke, and judge the distance with,[since you look at the cup while you Putt],
it clearly is better because it clearly works better. As long as both feet are on the same side of the ball, which means no stradling the line like crocket,
and you do not place a foot on the intended putt line, you are making a legal and clearly a better attempt at doing what you intend to do....put the ball in the cup.
But because it seems "different", The L2 can be found where professional dealers are. At the course, they will have a demo putter for you to try , and they will assist you in getting acquainted with the L2 and the Lateral Line style.

I hope this helps give you a better look at a great way to improve your score, John
Back to top Go down
Agumon
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Agumon

PostSubject: Re: Lateral Line Putter   Lateral Line Putter I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 10:44 am

intresting concept..

TSS.. u also know tis.. i must admit.. must kowtow to u..

hope u dont zuo huo lu mo ...
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Lateral Line Putter   Lateral Line Putter I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 11:49 am

Sam Snead used to putt sidesaddle too if i remember correctly .... if the putter is available here .. i may give it a try ....
Back to top Go down
siaw8
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
siaw8

PostSubject: Re: Lateral Line Putter   Lateral Line Putter I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 12:02 pm

Ssquirrel wrote:
In general, it is supposedly less natural to putt sidewards as in golf. Most other games/sports usually have a "face-on" approach, such as billiards or darts.

Shotah... What are you waiting for?

I promise that i will not laugh at you.
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: Lateral Line Putter   Lateral Line Putter I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:38 pm

siaw8 wrote:
Ssquirrel wrote:

Shotah... What are you waiting for?

I promise that i will not laugh at you.

Somehow, i feel that it will be tough cos i am looking diagonally towards the target. Its very different from snooker or pool cos i will b aiming at the hole directly. One thing about the normal way of putting, you can always reconfirm your break when you are aligning your putt. Your feet will give you indication whether you are putting right to left or vice-versa.
Back to top Go down
Agumon
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Agumon

PostSubject: Re: Lateral Line Putter   Lateral Line Putter I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:56 pm

bro .. tis method.. u r facing the hole.. so looking directly at hole..

i also feel sometimes i get better judgement of distance when i stand "open" ala chipping when i putt..
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: Lateral Line Putter   Lateral Line Putter I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 2:23 pm

yeap, i know, but i would like a more 2D aspect rather than 3D. Lets put it this way, with the current style of putting, with so little movement (by right) already will push and pull putts already, i can't imagine what would happen if i putt lateral, hehehel.
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Lateral Line Putter   Lateral Line Putter I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 4:46 pm

i feel....

though looking directly at the hole.... but our hands are by the side.... so we are not putting "directly" at the hole....
same as when playing normal iron shots.... we are not supposed to align our "body" to the target but slightly parallel to the left/right(left or right hander) eg, the railway track theory.....

but lateral putting do takes out the pararex error....
Back to top Go down
john ambrose
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Lateral Line Putter   Lateral Line Putter I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 3:15 am

I am glad to see the conversation about the Lateral Line style. It comes into focus the best when you compare it to rolling a ball at the cup. If you were given a ball and were asked to roll it, would you look at the distance and break , and then turn sideways , and throw the ball across yourself while looking at your hand? no you would not......no one would. not even the best golfers would. by facing the hole and stroking the ball while it is next to you, you apply the same motion as you would if you were rolling the ball. Because it is next to you, the natural swinging action of your arm keeps the stroke down the line. Using your shoulder, [a big muscle] allows you to use a tempo stroke. The weight of the L2 and the oversize grip takes the little muscles out of the stroke. The little muscles are where the yips come from and we know what that can do....just ask Tom Watson. If he had the L2 and the Lateral Line stroke in the British open he would have won.
Back to top Go down
john ambrose
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Lateral Line Putter   Lateral Line Putter I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 3:34 am

If the Lateral line style was the traditional style we all used, and I were to try to talk everyone into turning sideways and "visualizing" what you have always looked at in the past, and try to parallel yourself with the line instead of square yourself up with it and the club, and allow all the muscles and joints that can easily come into play when sideways rather then limiting them by using your shoulder...THAT would be a strange concept.

I remember a story of a woman who tried cooking a family traditional turkey dinner like her grandmother, which required using a very small pan to cook the bird in. When she had trouble she finally called her grandmother and asked her why she used the small pan all the time? Did it cook the turkey better? Her grandmother said no, it was the biggest pan she had!
Tradition can easily take the place of logic and the obvious. Puttin is still putting and there are more then enough issues with making a putt without making our stroke and club more complicated then it needs to be or that the rules require.
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

PostSubject: Re: Lateral Line Putter   Lateral Line Putter I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 3:37 am

Hi, pardon my query but, if we stick a putter head to the end of a snooker/pool cue and somehow get down to putt with a "billiards" stroke, is this legal?

I've been wondering about the legality of that for the longest time already, perhaps John or anyone can clear the air for me on what justifies a legal stroke, is it like 2 feet grounded or etc?

Sincerely appreciated, thanks!
Back to top Go down
john ambrose
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Lateral Line Putter   Lateral Line Putter I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 6:27 am

Hi,
No it would not be legal mostly because the rules for club design would not allow a pool stick type club to be legal. Also, you would be lining yourself up to shoot while in the line of the ball,[ lieing on the ground behind the ball] which is also not allowed. But at least you are thinking outside the box.
John
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

PostSubject: Re: Lateral Line Putter   Lateral Line Putter I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 2:13 pm

Thanks John! Always wanted to know, never knew where to look Smile

cheers
Back to top Go down
john ambrose
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Lateral Line Putter   Lateral Line Putter I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 9:57 pm

your welcome.
Back to top Go down
john ambrose
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Lateral Line Putter   Lateral Line Putter I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 11:00 pm

shotah,
the eye hand connection we all use every day does not require total alignment for use to use...such as reaching for a doorknob, the ability to use binocular vision to detemine distance is without question a better way to judge distance. If this were not true, and sideways alignment were better, why do we always stand square behind a ball and then look at the breaks and distances with our eyes and body square before we putt?
John
Back to top Go down
john ambrose
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Lateral Line Putter   Lateral Line Putter I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 5:44 am

Hi everyone,
Just an L2 update. The club and style is getting great reveiws from pros around the country. The big comment is , It's ahead of its time and, a natural evolution in putting.
it's simple, it's repeatable, it's legal, and it works! This style and club WILL cut strokes off of your game. What else is there?
thanks for all the interest and support, John
Back to top Go down
john ambrose
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Lateral Line Putter   Lateral Line Putter I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 1:24 am

Hi To the Lateral Line Putter followers,
We have been an underground sensation in the pro world. Many pros are giving the L2 a good hard look but endorsment commitments are keeping them quiet.We know we have discovered a wonderful way to enjoy golf and lower scores. We will be demoing the L2 in Orlando at the Villages during the PGA show week on January 27th.
Check out the video on the equipment site here or go to www.laterallineputter.com
thanks for your questions and interest, John
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Lateral Line Putter   Lateral Line Putter I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 1:28 am

Where can i demo or purchase a Lateral Line Putter here in Singapore?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lateral Line Putter   Lateral Line Putter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lateral Line Putter
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next