Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What if my golf ball hits someone in the driving range ?

Go down 
+4
andrew-golf
Gofnut
flashpacker
Maniron
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Maniron
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

What if my golf ball hits someone in the driving range ? Empty
PostSubject: What if my golf ball hits someone in the driving range ?   What if my golf ball hits someone in the driving range ? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2015 10:51 pm

What if my golf ball hits someone in the practicing driving range ?
Take into consideration that, no golfer's insurance, not a member of any golf club.
what is the liability ?
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What if my golf ball hits someone in the driving range ?   What if my golf ball hits someone in the driving range ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 1:03 am

If the injured claims against you for medical fees with a lawyer, it may be hefty.
Best to settle without a lawyer.
Back to top Go down
Maniron
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What if my golf ball hits someone in the driving range ?   What if my golf ball hits someone in the driving range ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 6:25 am

Woa....my goodness..in this case... newbie like me should play at the extreme right or left lane to prevent accident happened........thanks !
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What if my golf ball hits someone in the driving range ?   What if my golf ball hits someone in the driving range ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 8:50 am

For peace of mind, why not take up the golfer's insurance that is relatively inexpensive?
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: What if my golf ball hits someone in the driving range ?   What if my golf ball hits someone in the driving range ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 10:10 am

this is an interesting topic

There are some golfers that like to hit the ball diagonally across their bays

So much so that if they shank it, the ball will prob hit the golfer on the next bay.

Can tat be claimed too?
Back to top Go down
KCL
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
KCL

PostSubject: Re: What if my golf ball hits someone in the driving range ?   What if my golf ball hits someone in the driving range ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 10:31 am

Gofnut wrote:
For peace of mind, why not take up the golfer's insurance that is relatively inexpensive?
Agree. Get that insurance and be aware of your own and other golfers' safety. 
I have seen ball hitting the roof of the bay. Luckily didn't hit anyone.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: What if my golf ball hits someone in the driving range ?   What if my golf ball hits someone in the driving range ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 12:01 pm

I have seen beginners and not so proficient golfers whilst practicing at the OCC range hit wayward shots every now and then ... Sometime their balls flew backward instead of forward ... The worst is, there was once a ball ricocheted against a pillar and almost hit another golfer who was so engrossed with his practice that he does not even know the ball had flew pass and missed him  What a Face affraid ... Thanks god nothing happened to that man ...  Smile
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What if my golf ball hits someone in the driving range ?   What if my golf ball hits someone in the driving range ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 12:14 pm

I have seen a ball smashed the lights directly above the practice bay and the smashed florescent tube came raining down on a guy.
Not sure whether it was him who hit that ball with his driver, or a kid practising a wedge next to him.

Talking about OCC, i hate the automated bays.
My driver touches the protective roof netting after follow through.
Impossible to swing without touching the nets.

Regular golfers should get insurance cover.
Accidents do happen.
Back to top Go down
eyz4eva
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What if my golf ball hits someone in the driving range ?   What if my golf ball hits someone in the driving range ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 12:47 pm

flashpacker wrote:
I have seen a ball smashed the lights directly above the practice bay and the smashed florescent tube came raining down on a guy.
Not sure whether it was him who hit that ball with his driver, or a kid practising a wedge next to him.

Accidents do happen.

could it be the same incident that we witnessed? saw a similar incident at MBGC, when the golfer chopped the ball, and the ball hit the lightings above him.
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What if my golf ball hits someone in the driving range ?   What if my golf ball hits someone in the driving range ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 1:32 pm

eyz4eva wrote:
flashpacker wrote:

Accidents do happen.

could it be the same incident that we witnessed? saw a similar incident at MBGC, when the golfer chopped the ball, and the ball hit the lightings above him.

Yes it happened at MBGC a few weeks ago on an evening or afternoon (cant remember when)
Back to top Go down
Maniron
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What if my golf ball hits someone in the driving range ?   What if my golf ball hits someone in the driving range ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 11:41 pm

i experienced carrying bucket of balls climbing up staircase at Executive drive range....accidently few golf balls dropped downward staircase and lucky guys duck away from the falling golf balls............if they got headed..i don't know what to do .......
Back to top Go down
Chunky Munky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Chunky Munky

PostSubject: Re: What if my golf ball hits someone in the driving range ?   What if my golf ball hits someone in the driving range ? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2015 8:17 am

Just bite the bullet and buy the insurance!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What if my golf ball hits someone in the driving range ?   What if my golf ball hits someone in the driving range ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What if my golf ball hits someone in the driving range ?
Page 1 of 1