Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top Golf Driving Range

Go down 
+9
pReTeNd3r
Phosphorence
marmarchen
bryanachong
kamen
chukeenon
poresia
Daztasiumz
jascon77
13 posters
AuthorMessage
jascon77
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jascon77

Top Golf Driving Range Empty
PostSubject: Top Golf Driving Range   Top Golf Driving Range I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 9:58 am

How I wish we have this type of fun and family-friends friendly golf range in Singapore. Combine this with a fully equipped gym and a ikea type childrens playground and its sure to be a winner! Making it haze proof will also help:)

For members, a hole in one and they give you usd 1000 :

http://topgolf.com/company/about-topgolf/

https://youtu.be/ZbMQEyJVLaQ
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Top Golf Driving Range   Top Golf Driving Range I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 2:43 pm

topgolf?

toa payoh range had it.. flopped big time
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: Top Golf Driving Range   Top Golf Driving Range I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 2:50 pm

when TPY installed topgolf, i know sure will flop. golfers just need a range with free parking, good mats, good balls, good food and not such high tech stuff.
Back to top Go down
chukeenon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Top Golf Driving Range   Top Golf Driving Range I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 3:44 pm

I don't know what TPY had and why it flopped but I think it's a great concept.  Maybe it's too costly for a small market like Singapore as it has a low golf participation base compared to places in U.S. Europe or event Korea, Japan and Taiwan.  If done right, I would definitely be a regular and I think it would be more fun than a simulator.

Is there a range in Spore that has free parking, good balls, mats and food?? I've been to 3 different ones and haven't found it yet.  I heard Marina Bay is good and will try soon even though it's not convenient for me.
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: Top Golf Driving Range   Top Golf Driving Range I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 4:00 pm

Not bad... Got a pick-up joint vibe to it, would be even better if they had a hooters there.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/spcasingapore
chukeenon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Top Golf Driving Range   Top Golf Driving Range I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 4:27 pm

In Korea, they have private golf simulator rooms with hostesses similar to KTVs.  Even better.
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Top Golf Driving Range   Top Golf Driving Range I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 4:35 pm

poresia wrote:
when TPY installed topgolf, i know sure will flop. golfers just need a range with free parking, good mats, good balls, good food and not such high tech stuff.

yah the tpy range infrastructure gave way not long after installation.. ceased operations without informing their members..

was realli a bad idea by the owners..
Back to top Go down
bryanachong
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bryanachong

PostSubject: Re: Top Golf Driving Range   Top Golf Driving Range I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 5:01 pm

Green fairways!  Good ball good mat good food good ambience and  ice people!
Back to top Go down
marmarchen
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Top Golf Driving Range   Top Golf Driving Range I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 8:50 pm

I think Singapore too hot la... no one wants to be at a range to hang out unless they really want to hit some balls!
Back to top Go down
Phosphorence
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Top Golf Driving Range   Top Golf Driving Range I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 9:31 pm

Hmm anyone knows what was the price like for TPY with Topgolf ?
Back to top Go down
pReTeNd3r
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
pReTeNd3r

PostSubject: Re: Top Golf Driving Range   Top Golf Driving Range I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 9:55 pm

chukeenon wrote:
In Korea, they have private golf simulator rooms with hostesses similar to KTVs.  Even better.

Which part of Korea? I'm in Korea now? Razz
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: Top Golf Driving Range   Top Golf Driving Range I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 6:49 am

looks like fun! not sure how much quality practice somebody would get though, haha! but definitely looks like a fun experience
Back to top Go down
http://www.EighteenUnderPar.com
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: Top Golf Driving Range   Top Golf Driving Range I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 10:13 am

Here's one for you 18under.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/spcasingapore
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: Top Golf Driving Range   Top Golf Driving Range I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 2:18 pm

Daztasiumz wrote:
poresia wrote:

yah the tpy range infrastructure gave way not long after installation.. ceased operations without informing their members..

was realli a bad idea by the owners..

i stopped hitting balls there bcos the ball with chips inside it for Topgolf was so hard that u feel like hitting stones!

was glad that they replaced it with better n softer range balls after they ceased topgolf.
Back to top Go down
gabong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
gabong

PostSubject: Re: Top Golf Driving Range   Top Golf Driving Range I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 3:45 pm

pReTeNd3r wrote:
chukeenon wrote:
Which part of Korea? I'm in Korea now? Razz
i would like to know too!! bounce
Back to top Go down
Glenn.Lee
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Top Golf Driving Range   Top Golf Driving Range I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:59 am

Green Fairways is good...Food ok only but place is nice and close to nature.....
Back to top Go down
danielleecm
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
danielleecm

PostSubject: Re: Top Golf Driving Range   Top Golf Driving Range I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 10:15 am

Daztasiumz wrote:
topgolf?

toa payoh range had it.. flopped big time
hi, after reading this and doing some research. I believe the flop are mainly a few factors;
1. Location: Quite way off and even if so, there was not much entertainment around such as the one in bishan...I believe bishan may work out well if they adopt this concept...
2. Balls- too hard to hit and the impact may be great for golfers...
3. Not much promotions and events going on to support such stuff...end result...lesser golfers and thus failure.

so much of this, got a concept that may work out well but definitely not easy to start....
the idea of a theme range
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Golf Driving Range   Top Golf Driving Range I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top Golf Driving Range
Page 1 of 1