Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Mountain golf/stay package

Go down 
+4
hiryu
zhenxua
blackpool_04
kissthegreen
8 posters
AuthorMessage
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

Black Mountain golf/stay package Empty
PostSubject: Black Mountain golf/stay package   Black Mountain golf/stay package I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 1:13 pm

Anyone been to Back Mountain golf club, Hua Hin?
Thinking of going there with missus in August.
Heard that its another 2-3 hours ground transport from airport.
Will appreciate if you can recommend any agency/broker that have this service.
Thank you.
Back to top Go down
blackpool_04
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Black Mountain golf/stay package   Black Mountain golf/stay package I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 1:41 pm

never been to hua hin to play, but used golfasian.com for a previous trip (to bali). found their service to be good; no complaints. 

http://www.golfasian.com/golf-courses/thailand-golf-courses/hua-hin/
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

PostSubject: Re: Black Mountain golf/stay package   Black Mountain golf/stay package I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 3:36 pm

hua hin is about 200km away from bangkok

black mountain is definitely the best course there
Back to top Go down
hiryu
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Black Mountain golf/stay package   Black Mountain golf/stay package I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 3:57 pm

kissthegreen wrote:
Anyone been to Back Mountain golf club, Hua Hin?
Thinking of going there with missus in August.
Heard that its another 2-3 hours ground transport from airport.
Will appreciate if you can recommend any agency/broker that have this service.
Thank you.
I'm going there next week.
Will be playing BM on Thur morning(solo so I have to join flight) and then Banyan on Friday morning.
I did everything on my own i.e booking the tee off time, arranging transport to Hua Hin with driver etc. Feels it's much cheaper overall than going through 3rd party.

I'm staying at Centara Hua Hin and then both courses are 20+ mins away. FYI Banyan does provide a free shuttle service to certain hotels.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Black Mountain golf/stay package   Black Mountain golf/stay package I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 4:10 pm

Hello hiryu, tell us about your experience when u are back ... Don't forget to share some pics with us here ...

Happy golfing and enjoy! cheers
Back to top Go down
hiryu
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Black Mountain golf/stay package   Black Mountain golf/stay package I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 10:31 pm

Sure. I'll hope I don't get too engrossed with the golf and forget to take photos.
Back to top Go down
Prestige Teh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Black Mountain golf/stay package   Black Mountain golf/stay package I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 5:32 pm

Boss.....if you go August...is Hua Hin Golf Festival which golfing shall be very cheap.....roger me at 8869 2268 if need help bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

PostSubject: Re: Black Mountain golf/stay package   Black Mountain golf/stay package I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 11:44 pm

I have received a hua hin package quote for a total of 39000 baht (1560 SGD) for two golfers

It includes all transfer ( airport, hotel, golf course), 3 night stays in centara grand (superior rm) with breakfast, 2 rounds of golf (black mountain, banyan) with caddies and buggy on weekends. Airfare obviously excluded.

Sounds reasonable I guess.. Provably going for it..
Back to top Go down
hiryu
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Black Mountain golf/stay package   Black Mountain golf/stay package I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 7:08 am

kissthegreen wrote:
I have received a hua hin package quote for a total of 39000 baht (1560 SGD) for two golfers

It includes all transfer ( airport, hotel, golf course), 3 night stays in centara grand (superior rm) with breakfast, 2 rounds of golf (black mountain, banyan) with caddies and buggy on weekends. Airfare obviously excluded.

Sounds reasonable I guess.. Provably going for it..
Do note that if the dates you're going coincides with their golf festival, greens fees are usually halved. Might want to consider that as well.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: Black Mountain golf/stay package   Black Mountain golf/stay package I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2015 9:53 am

You won't regard playing black mountain.....but might wanna check is it monsoon season before going.
Back to top Go down
hiryu
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Black Mountain golf/stay package   Black Mountain golf/stay package I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 10:40 am

As promised here are some photos I took while playing at both BM and Banyan.
Both had stimp speeds of about 10 and I took a little time to adjust for that.
Otherwise BM was really beautiful. Please bring more baht to buy the memorabilia

Black Mountain golf/stay package Bm210
Black Mountain golf/stay package Bm410
Black Mountain golf/stay package Bm811
Below is one of their scary par 3. Right water and left bushes/trees. A straight shot is absolutely necessary.
Black Mountain golf/stay package Bm9-pa10

Banyan
Black Mountain golf/stay package Banyan10

Overall BM is much nicer than Banyan but Banyan is more challenging. The fairways at BM is super wide and I didn't lose a single ball there. Banyan was a different story as my balls seem to love taking a swim or into no man's land. And the par 3s at Banyan are very long as well.
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

PostSubject: Re: Black Mountain golf/stay package   Black Mountain golf/stay package I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 12:32 pm

Very nice pics! Thanks for sharing.. Looks like I am changing more baht now.. Are the costs of food and stuffs similar to Bangkok or perhaps more pricey in Hua hin?
Back to top Go down
hiryu
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Black Mountain golf/stay package   Black Mountain golf/stay package I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 12:44 pm

Cheaper or same in Hua hin. I bought a deuter backpack for 600 baht and the quality is higher than those at Chatuchak market. Price is also better.
Back to top Go down
jon8ball
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jon8ball

PostSubject: Re: Black Mountain golf/stay package   Black Mountain golf/stay package I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 3:03 pm

I'm going to try out Hua Hin golfing next month 17th July-20th July. Book through friend's kangtao (a travel agency Scenic Golf). Will take some more pictures for sharing here after the trip.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Mountain golf/stay package   Black Mountain golf/stay package I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Mountain golf/stay package
Page 1 of 1