Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

JCC to go....

Go down 
+19
DLWL
chien
Turbo
nutty88
enwee
pocketace
jeffman88
sob
neutralgolfer
coe16arg
jason.koh.54966
kissthegreen
eden
Nam Flog
hkhamateur
golfool2009
skybobo
flashpacker
InTheHole!
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

JCC to go.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 5:03 pm

flashpacker wrote:
coe16arg wrote:

No la, the 9-hole course at Orchard Road will never be taken back by SLA.
Unless one is a resident or friend of the Istana, ordinary folks like us don't get to play there.

Bro Flash, you didn't click the link to get the joke.
Back to top Go down
coe16arg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
coe16arg

PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 5:16 pm

Nam Flog wrote:
flashpacker wrote:
coe16arg wrote:

Unless one is a resident or friend of the Istana, ordinary folks like us don't get to play there.

Very Happy

Actually hor, come to think of it...every public holiday, they will do open house at istana...so why not we all petition to Mr Prez to open up the course for booking on certain days of the month also. Laughing
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 7:53 pm

Nam Flog wrote:
flashpacker wrote:
coe16arg wrote:

Namflog bro, sorry catch no link

scratch

Feel sorry for all JCC members. Initially, the thought is the club should be safe as the lease runs out in 2035, and  the $25m reno just went kapooh

In the same breath, our freehold, 999- or 99-year lease for housing can be gone anytime. There's not much to plan for the long term.
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 4:03 pm

Un un un un un beliveable............
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 1:10 pm

So the contractual term - Free Hold is all BS! If the authority wants that piece of land back for economic infrastructure development, you have to sell back to them at "prevailing rate". Not sure if the authority dictates the prevailing rate. That maybe one reason as to why our authority does not allow foreign ownership of landed property due to the obvious ...
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 3:58 pm

It's a fact Turbo.. Govt has all the right to take back whatever land you're sleeping on..

But foreign ownership of landed properties is a different n separate matter mate.. 
Back to top Go down
DLWL
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DLWL

PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 5:08 pm

There was already word that the new HSR will be either tuas or JE. Raffles CC was lucky as their application for course renewal was on hold due to selection of site. JCC on the other hand was a few years too early. Suay lo. But thats life. Land acquisition for National development has been on going for years. Nothing new. In most cases enbloc by gov, those being acquired are better compensated den market rate.
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 5:45 pm

When ah gong wants, ah gong takes.
Regardless of tenure, leasehold, or what not..
Back to top Go down
Kaii
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 6:30 pm

when was the last time land acquisition for National development is compensated better than market rate?
Back to top Go down
DLWL
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DLWL

PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 9:36 pm

Kaii wrote:
when was the last time land acquisition for National development is compensated better than market rate?
This year.

Tanglin halt enbloc. Each resident get 30-50k higher den market.
Back to top Go down
Kaii
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 11:53 pm

I do not know about HDB enbloc
I have not heard private residential or commercial landed properties being compensated higher than prevailing market rate for national development.
Back to top Go down
DLWL
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DLWL

PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 12:25 am

Kaii wrote:
I do not know about HDB enbloc
I have not heard private residential or commercial landed properties being compensated higher than prevailing market rate for national development.

Plenty happening recently.
People's park area for Thomson/Downtown line.
JCC for HSR.

Just gotta keep your eyes open for news to know exactly, I dun venture to say I know for sure.

But then again. im pretty sure no matter how much is given. People will still complain.Such is life.
Back to top Go down
Kaii
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 12:52 am

likely the compensation will be disappointing as most of the tines is left hand give n right hand take more
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 9:57 am

Things like his happen when you are staying on borrowed land. My friend told me he paid $150k when he joined in the 1980s. And now something like this happened. What more with 19 years lease to go before it lapsed from 2016.

You can never know the fate of golf courses in Singapore. One moment you feel secured with the long lease balance and the next moment it's gone.
Back to top Go down
NY
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 10:10 am

Feel sad for your friend TDO.  But look on the bright side if your friend played every weekend for the last 30 years or more,  he or she already break even or now play for free.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 11:34 am

He is now a very angry man, so are the rest of the members, after receiving the shocking news.. It's so unpredictable in Singapore. He play fortnightly. Even then, it's not cheap as have to consider the monthly subscription and tips for the caddie too after each round. Golfing in Singapore is not cheap. Personally, I am not a fussy golfer. As long as there's opportunity to play and within my budget, I will play. My pockets are not deep enough for prestigious golf membership.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 11:44 am

JCC?? Look at those back then who bought Palm Resort and Pulai Spring. Some paid 200+K RM back then, now? Give also no one wanna take.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 11:46 am

Golf & Country Club is no longer a good investment ... Neutral
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 12:35 pm

The future of golf in Sg is rooftop golf range in a cage at a mall, or underground golf simulators.
Like Japan.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 12:39 pm

enwee wrote:
JCC?? Look at those back then who bought Palm Resort and Pulai Spring. Some paid 200+K RM back then, now? Give also no one wanna take.
I was ex-Pulai Springs member. Paid S$32k for it in the mid 1994 and became worthless after they open it to public. I gave up the membership in year 2001.  Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 8:30 pm

Agree golf clubs are gonna be very tricky as investments. .

But if you look beyond 2030 or so,  how many clubs would still be around. .. i think less than half the current number?  If such situation occurs,  then each game gonna be very pricey and membership fees most likely to be at a higher premium. . 

What would we do now if we know for example RCC gonna be 100k in 2030? 

Just look at Hong Kong and Tokyo for some kind of comparison. .
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 9:34 pm

Price aside,
What should one expect when choosing a club say Raffles, Warren, SICC, Tanah Merah, Laguna, etc?

Eg for Raffles, expect heavy traffic to Tuas on AYE in the mornings, and towards city late afternoons
Back to top Go down
jmchan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 9:44 pm

The key to buying a club is really to make sure you have kakis to play with. Whilst you can make friends by joining flights, there is nothing like having your own gang of golfers!
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 1:09 pm

jmchan wrote:
The key to buying a club is really to make sure you have kakis to play with. Whilst you can make friends by joining flights, there is nothing like having your own gang of golfers!

Agree. Sometimes not all kakis join the same club. 
So got to find another group of kakis for a different club.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 1:20 pm

All is not lost. If half the golf clubs in Singapore close, JB would be the next best option. But hor, by 2030 I would have given up golf ler.  Very Happy
Swing On Green Swing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JCC to go....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.