Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

JCC to go....

Go down 
+19
DLWL
chien
Turbo
nutty88
enwee
pocketace
jeffman88
sob
neutralgolfer
coe16arg
jason.koh.54966
kissthegreen
eden
Nam Flog
hkhamateur
golfool2009
skybobo
flashpacker
InTheHole!
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
InTheHole!
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

JCC to go.... Empty
PostSubject: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 3:01 pm

JCC (at its current location) is going... SLA serves complusory acquisition notice. Club to deliver vacant possession by Nov 2016.

So much for all the funds spent todate
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

JCC to go.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 3:06 pm

Wow, what is happening?
Didnt they just upgraded the course a few years ago?
Back to top Go down
InTheHole!
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

JCC to go.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 3:08 pm

Govt will most likely compensate JCC for the unexpired trem of their existing lease, but this compensation may not take into account the funds used for the course upgrades etc.
Back to top Go down
InTheHole!
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

JCC to go.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 3:17 pm

Just announced on CNA. Announcement stated that JCC will not be given another piece of land for them to buid a golf course......
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

JCC to go.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 3:22 pm

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/transport/singapore-kl-high-speed-rail-terminal-to-be-located-at-jurong-country-club-site

what will happen to the members who just bought membership?
JCC is the first club to get its lease extended....and it marketed heavily for new membership
and not to mentioned the newly renovated nice nice course

better use cimb to play as much as we can since 1 more year to go
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

JCC to go.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 4:07 pm

i guess newer members just get shafted.....there's no recourse for them i imagine.....

anyone privy to what happens to the club's excess funds when the lease expires?  I guess it differs from club to club......any golf club members can share here?
Back to top Go down
Kaii
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

JCC to go.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 4:18 pm

very smart $$ move. Kill a cow for a piece of steak?

need 20% , take 100%. the rest can sell as resident or commercial plots.
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

JCC to go.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 5:35 pm

Kaii wrote:

Wow...if this's true, they must have slaughtered many new cows..pirat pirat
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

JCC to go.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 6:12 pm

hkhamateur wrote:
Kaii wrote:

Wow...if this's true, they must have slaughtered many new cows..pirat pirat

This one is slaughtered real fast.
Unbelievable.
Was looking at their membership price a few months ago...
Looks like no course is safe.

Need more politicians and civil servants to play golf to save this game in Sg. 
Otherwise, there's only swimming and table tennis left to do (both can do underground!).  And soccer's already dead.

White Flag

Last edited by flashpacker on Mon May 11, 2015 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kaii
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

JCC to go.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 6:54 pm

Malaysia has been planning to build Bullet Train Line since the 80s. I believed Singapore has map out too but why JCC out of a sudden ?
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

JCC to go.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 7:41 pm

Soon we will play golf underground too - simulators
Sad
Back to top Go down
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

JCC to go.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 7:50 pm

I stay in the area.

When Genting announced to build the hotel opposite the library, I already knew for sure the HSR will be around there as well. But I was speculating the Science Centre plot as it's more irrelevant and due for location shift anyway.

When saw the news that it's JCC plot this afternoon, really took me by surprise. The Jurong East bus interchange is temporary so most probably it will shift to integrate with the HSR terminal. But wouldn't they have to build a underpass for commuters to walk all the way to JE MRT? Quite a distance if lugging suitcases.

The executive course in JCC is where I usually scratch my itch last minute. Sigh…..
Back to top Go down
eden
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
eden

JCC to go.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 8:32 pm

Kaii wrote:

I don't live there but can imagine the residents in that area looking forward to the possible upside in their property prices.
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

JCC to go.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 10:24 pm

Just a while ago 
http://www.golfrepublic.org/t8469p15-jurong-country-club-soft-launches-golf-membership-drive
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

JCC to go.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 10:35 pm

I will miss JCC, in particular the exec course. It's a really good practice ground especially after I came back from long haul trips or long work commitments. The putting green is average but the fairways are pretty decent considering the green fees and tons better than the mandai exec course. And it's near my house and nearer to my office! Oh well...
Back to top Go down
jason.koh.54966
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
jason.koh.54966

JCC to go.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 7:33 am

Maybe finally all it left is the course in Sentosa.......slowly slowly all the courses in mainland will be taken back.
Back to top Go down
coe16arg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
coe16arg

JCC to go.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 9:39 am

jason.koh.54966 wrote:
Maybe finally all it left is the course in Sentosa.......slowly slowly all the courses in mainland will be taken back.

No la, the 9-hole course at Orchard Road will never be taken back by SLA.
Back to top Go down
neutralgolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
neutralgolfer

JCC to go.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 11:26 am

The gov take so much effort to move the train station to Woodlands, why make the Speed Train station at Jurong East again? Part of the track which runs through to Jurong East cannot be use for development in another 30 years or more?

They should plan it at woodlands or Tuas... IMHO.

Think JCC win SICC in league game too much....  What a Face
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

JCC to go.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 1:06 pm

coe16arg wrote:
jason.koh.54966 wrote:

No la, the 9-hole course at Orchard Road will never be taken back by SLA.
Unless one is a resident or friend of the Istana, ordinary folks like us don't get to play there.
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

JCC to go.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 1:15 pm

neutralgolfer wrote:
The gov take so much effort to move the train station to Woodlands, why make the Speed Train station at Jurong East again? Part of the track which runs through to Jurong East cannot be use for development in another 30 years or more?

They should plan it at woodlands or Tuas... IMHO.

Think JCC win SICC in league game too much....  What a Face

Sad too see JCC go, such nice course.

I think Tuas would be good choice, woodlands cannot as the jb side of woodlands too crowded.

Sooner or later no more golf courses, cannot go JB as cars to expensive.
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

JCC to go.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 1:24 pm

wonder if the decision to locate the HSR @ Jurong East was all one-sided or did Malaysia hv a big say in its final location?
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

JCC to go.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 1:55 pm

There should be a full suite of amenities to support the ecosystem where the HSR station will be positioned.

JCC offers the land to fully develop and explore the potential of this ecosystem and be easily connected to other parts of Singapore

Does woodlands or tuas have the land to build more hotels, recreation facilities, retail opportunities. Even if yes, what is the likelihood of having developers investing and building in those locations?

I'm sure the pros and cons are weighed. Like many of you, I lament the loss of JCC

But I've come to the reality that being a land-scarce nation with the ambition of growing its population to meet the needs of growth, all golf courses are merely delaying the inevitable. 

I'm mentally prepared that the day will come that my weekly golfing fix only means a day trip to JB, Bintan or Batam. Just look no further than our golfing counterparts in HK (another land-scarce city)
Back to top Go down
neutralgolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
neutralgolfer

JCC to go.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 2:24 pm

My worry is when train derail or when accidents happened. The further the train go inland, the more I worry. I have not objection to build more hotels, recreation facilities, etc at JCC plot.
Since the MRT is already been extended to Tuas, I would think it's better that the HSR stop at Tuas and people take MRT to Jurong East area, it's merely another 10 mins or so.

We also dun need the additional rail that extend to Jurong East, it gives you the flexibility to redevelop the area should time arises. Like what you mention, Singapore is land-scarce, we should cater for more flexible land use rather than a stretch which occupy by the rail where we can't do anything for the next 50 years.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

JCC to go.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 2:53 pm

Actually look at it this way, I think it was planned to be in jurong all along, if not, why genting build a hotel near SSC area.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

JCC to go.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 3:11 pm

All valid concerns above

Unfortunately none of us were privy to the thought process behind the decision made by the Powers To Be 

while I'm thankful that I'm not a JCC member to be directly affected, I feel sorry for the JCC members and I will miss JCC!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

JCC to go.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: JCC to go....   JCC to go.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JCC to go....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.