Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My FJ Shoes Seeped Water Pretty Bad

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

My FJ Shoes Seeped Water Pretty Bad Empty
PostSubject: My FJ Shoes Seeped Water Pretty Bad   My FJ Shoes Seeped Water Pretty Bad I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 3:48 pm

Seeking advice here. I have a pair of FJ golf shoes that I have worn on alternate weekends for slightly more than 1.5 years. It's not Greenjoy btw. Pained $120 for it after discount. The warranty had expired but the shoes is still in pretty good condition as I clean it after every game. Is there a way to fix the water seepage. It is good for dry weather though. as long as the ground is not wet.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: My FJ Shoes Seeped Water Pretty Bad   My FJ Shoes Seeped Water Pretty Bad I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 4:42 pm

TDO wrote:
Seeking advice here. I have a pair of FJ golf shoes that I have worn on alternate weekends for slightly more than 1.5 years. It's not Greenjoy btw. Pained $120 for it after discount. The warranty had expired but the shoes is still in pretty good condition as I clean it after every game. Is there a way to fix the water seepage. It is good for dry weather though. as long as the ground is not wet.
Over 1 year? Maybe it's the glue problem. Why don't you bring it back to the reseller? Btw u can check the date of manufactured. Normally at the tongue.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: My FJ Shoes Seeped Water Pretty Bad   My FJ Shoes Seeped Water Pretty Bad I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 5:33 pm

enwee wrote:
TDO wrote:
Over 1 year? Maybe it's the glue problem. Why don't you bring it back to the reseller? Btw u can check the date of manufactured. Normally at the tongue.
I guess it is the glue problem. Nowadays FJ shoes don't seem as good as it once was in the 1990s. Back then the quality were quite good. I bought it from Bob's Golf. Can  they do anything about it?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: My FJ Shoes Seeped Water Pretty Bad   My FJ Shoes Seeped Water Pretty Bad I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 7:24 pm

TDO wrote:
enwee wrote:
TDO wrote:
I guess it is the glue problem. Nowadays FJ shoes don't seem as good as it once was in the 1990s. Back then the quality were quite good. I bought it from Bob's Golf. Can  they do anything about it?
Check with them. No harm checking.
Back to top Go down
peace2903
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: My FJ Shoes Seeped Water Pretty Bad   My FJ Shoes Seeped Water Pretty Bad I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 10:06 pm

Can share What model is it? Maybe we can avoid? Smile
I'm a fan of FJ but always stuck to the FJ Sport, worn 3 pairs & no problem...
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: My FJ Shoes Seeped Water Pretty Bad   My FJ Shoes Seeped Water Pretty Bad I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 12:04 am

peace2903 wrote:
It's Softjpy. The Warranty say Waterproof Warranty.It's now Waterfull. Sad I thought the warranty is usually 1 year? scratch
Back to top Go down
Fatboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Fatboy

PostSubject: Re: My FJ Shoes Seeped Water Pretty Bad   My FJ Shoes Seeped Water Pretty Bad I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 10:11 am

Hi,

FJ Waterproof Warranty (does not apply to Greenjoys) is guaranteed from a period of 1 year from the date of purchase against failure or leaking due to manufacturing /material defect.

You will get a warranty card in the shoebox that has the following :-

Model purchased
Date
Price
Stamp/Place of purchase

May not have the card if it is old stock or clearance sales I think.
Back to top Go down
http://www.permatex.com
bigsplash
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: My FJ Shoes Seeped Water Pretty Bad   My FJ Shoes Seeped Water Pretty Bad I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 11:51 am

TDO wrote:
peace2903 wrote:
It's Softjpy. The Warranty say Waterproof Warranty.It's now Waterfull. Sad I thought the warranty is usually 1 year? scratch
hmm didnt u say u wear for 1.5year alrd?
so its after the warranty period then the water starts getting?

under what situation is water getting in?
when water splash on shoe or when you step into a deep puddle, at least above the sole

if like u said, visibly the shoe looks fine, u can try those water repellent spray
http://www.scotchgard.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/NAScotchgard/Global/Products/Product_Catalog/~/Scotchgard-Durable-Water-Repellent?N=4340+3294466436+3294529207&rt=rud
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: My FJ Shoes Seeped Water Pretty Bad   My FJ Shoes Seeped Water Pretty Bad I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 12:38 pm

bigsplash wrote:
TDO wrote:
peace2903 wrote:
hmm didnt u say u wear for 1.5year alrd?
so its after the warranty period then the water starts getting?

under what situation is water getting in?
when water splash on shoe or when you step into a deep puddle, at least above the sole

if like u said, visibly the shoe looks fine, u can try those water repellent spray
http://www.scotchgard.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/NAScotchgard/Global/Products/Product_Catalog/~/Scotchgard-Durable-Water-Repellent?N=4340+3294466436+3294529207&rt=rud
Actually water start getting in about 4-5 months of wearing in alternate weekly games but I didn't pay much attention to it as amount of water is tolerable. Then after 10 months it start to get worse. And I thought warranty already over so didn't check.
And no, I am the careful type who would never intentionally step is puddle. Just normal walking in Poresia's course. But Poresia can be quite soggy when it rain heavily.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My FJ Shoes Seeped Water Pretty Bad   My FJ Shoes Seeped Water Pretty Bad I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My FJ Shoes Seeped Water Pretty Bad
Page 1 of 1